Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 59 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 59 of 132 FirstFirst ... 49 58 59 60 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2626

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm probably swapping my rbc avion for rbc westjet. Truthfully westjet is the airline I use most, so should work out good.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    4Runner

Anyone recommend a really good Travel rewards Credit Card?

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

I believe the Amex gold card is the best overall for travel, either doing the math or going off reviews from various credit sites, it appears to always be top 1 or 2.

Think I'm going to drop my aeroplan visa on account Air Canada is a terrible company and move over to using my gold amex, but I am going to read into the Westjet Mastercard to see what its point accrual and rewards/benefits look like.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostwanted View Post
    Anyone recommend a really good Travel rewards Credit Card?
    AMEX Gold the WJ card for great returns. Aeroplan sucks.

Overall, the best one I found was the ScotiaBank Momentum Infinite

Got my new Capital One Aspire Travel sent to me yesterday, refreshed out to 2021 complete with the grandfathered 10k bonus points per year. So if anyone is worried they might lose theirs, you won't.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    BMO WE yearly fee is waived if you bank with them and are on the premium plan. The premium plan is $30/month but free if you maintain a minimum $6000 balance. So it can be free if you can maintain the balance.

All the other banks offer something similar with their high end cards.
    I'm moving back to Canada soon and was going to get this BMO CashBack World Elite Mastercard, since the $120 annual fee is waived if you keep >$6k in a BMO Premium bank account (which also has fees waived). However, it seems they lowered their cash back to 1.5%...

Does anyone know of a better cash back card, ideally bank account? I wish RBC offered something similar cause I like RBC.
    Last edited by FixedGear; 03-03-2018 at 12:53 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If you fly with westjet the RBC westjet cards are outstanding. Not so handy if your travel is usually other carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    If you fly with westjet the RBC westjet cards are outstanding. Not so handy if your travel is usually other carriers.
    Great, thanks. I fly with American Airlines since I've been living in the states the last several years, but I'm not sure how that will change once I move back to Canada.

My Ride

The perks of the Westjet card are actually really great, in regards to the yearly travel partner flight they offer and free checked bags with tickets purchased via the card. However the point/westjet dollars accrual isn't worth using the card actively though imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    The perks of the Westjet card are actually really great, in regards to the yearly travel partner flight they offer and free checked bags with tickets purchased via the card. However the point/westjet dollars accrual isn't worth using the card actively though imo.
    Do you still have to pay the airline taxes with the buddy pass? Or is it a straight up $99 Flight in CAN/US? $299 Europe or whatever it is? Last time I flew to Europe the flight was $200 and taxes were $700 which is why I ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Do you still have to pay the airline taxes with the buddy pass? Or is it a straight up $99 Flight in CAN/US? $299 Europe or whatever it is? Last time I flew to Europe the flight was $200 and taxes were $700 which is why I ask.
    You pay the taxes still.

- Travel to Canada and the Continental US for $99 (plus taxes, fees and charges)
    - Travel to Hawaii, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean for $299 (plus taxes, fees and charges)
    - Travel to anywhere WestJet flies in Europe for $399 (plus taxes, fees and charges)

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Best bang for your buck is to use the buddy pass around Christmas when the base flight prices are way higher then normal. If you have to travel in Canada around Christmas the WestJet card makes total sense.

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    You pay the taxes still.

- Travel to Canada and the Continental US for $99 (plus taxes, fees and charges)
    - Travel to Hawaii, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean for $299 (plus taxes, fees and charges)
    - Travel to anywhere WestJet flies in Europe for $399 (plus taxes, fees and charges)
    Ah, I see. So it's not really a good deal at all then for general travel, just maybe for domestic travel in peak seasons. Kind of like Airmiles used to be. As mentioned above I can see how this would still be good for people with family outside Alberta but doesn't seem like it is good for much else on the flight side.

My Ride

It states +taxes, fees and charges on top of the $99/299/399 amount depending on where you're going, so same as aeroplan more or less in that regard but it depends on where you're flying from. Flying out of YYC has a lot of good deals to the rest of the world so it might negate the buddy pass in some cases but could make for a cheap trip.

If you wanted to find out the taxes and fees, you should just be able to look up the flight on westjets site directly and look at the price of the flight tickets itself and the taxes and fees for said tickets, replace the cost of the flight ticket with the buddy pass value depending on where you're going. Should still be better than paying outright in most cases.

One of the posts in this thread gives some pretty in depth info regarding the whole process/options regarding the card and buddy pass - https://www.disboards.com/threads/we...-card.3599219/

My Ride
    V8s

I've had the WJ World Elite basically since it came out, and used all my companion flights to go to various places in the states. Usually the taxes aren't bad at all (only a couple hundred bucks at most for me). Something else that's kinda nice is you can use the free companion flight on plus seats as well, so it can end up being a pretty decent deal. Lastly if you fly a lot like I do and have gold status, you get 7% (i think?) back when you book a WJ flight with your WJ card.

TL; DR +1 for WJ World Elite. The more you fly WJ, the better it is.

My Ride
    E46

In general, is the best bang for buck with the WJ World Elite to use it for Europe trips? Overall it works out well for me since my partner can only travel during peak seasons but still want to optimize it further.

TL

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dragon View Post
    In general, is the best bang for buck with the WJ World Elite to use it for Europe trips? Overall it works out well for me since my partner can only travel during peak seasons but still want to optimize it further.
    Based on my recent experiences, I would say not - my $900 ticket to London was $200 airfare and $700 taxes so you might as well just look for a deal on your own. If you fly at peak times of the year though it might sway back in your favor.

Your best deals are going to be domestic travel in peak times (Christmas / New Years) where the taxes will remain relatively low but the fares go sky high.

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Roger's bank is further eroding the value of that card by lowering all the cash back percentages in May. Roger's bank is also useless for a dispute I had with a merchant. Definitely would not recommend this card anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
    Roger's bank is further eroding the value of that card by lowering all the cash back percentages in May. Roger's bank is also useless for a dispute I had with a merchant. Definitely would not recommend this card anymore.
    Why am I not surprised that a telcom provider is finding new ways to screw everyone over Seriously though that does suck - looks like the Home Trust is one of the only options now.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Why am I not surprised that a telcom provider is finding new ways to screw everyone over Seriously though that does suck - looks like the Home Trust is one of the only options now.
    Has anyone gotten this one recently? I applied a few months ago after one of the Amazon notices, and nothing. Credit score just under 800, but I'm thinking they are swamped.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

Page 59 of 132 FirstFirst ... 49 58 59 60 69 ... LastLast