Quantcast
good mechanic in Calgary - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: good mechanic in Calgary

My Ride
    91 Lumina Euro (sad I know...)

Default good mechanic in Calgary

I've got a problem with vibrations in my steering at low speeds and vibrations when braking too. Seems there's a lot of people for Calgary on this forum, so I was hoping that someone could refer me to a reliable mechanic that really know his stuff. Worried about getting ripped off as I know it's easy when dealing with suspension/steering and brakes. Thanks in advance!!

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

What kind of vehicle? Stuff like that is generally easy to diagnose. Warped rotars, worn CV's etc etc.

Marc at Alpine Autowerks is probably the best mechanic I know personally, but he deals mainly with Euros and does some pretty major engine work...for more simplistic mechanical issues, I'm sure someone knows someone who does this stuff in their spare time. Its like sending a neurosurgeon to prescribe a dose of advil.
    Travel

My Ride

Oh yeah... I saw the posts about the best performance shops (and the BMW shops). My car's a 91 Lumina, so I don't think performance is out of the question Also I'm in the NW. Thanks!

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

I would recommend AAA Auto Repair.

My experience: the transmission gave up on me on thursday night, towed it to AAA Auto and on friday they told up what was wrong. We were busy friday so we called em up like half an hour before they closed and told them to go ahead and replaced it. Our mechanic being the smart man he is had already placed a used tranny on hold :thumupsup: . So he said he will try to fix it up Saturday. Guess what? They had it take dour replaced within that day and they even dropped it off at my house (ONLY because I live 2 mins away from the owner).

Go there, and the prices are awesome. Good luck.

EDIT: They are located in the N.E. so kinda close I guess.
    Last edited by /////AMG; 02-12-2004 at 11:04 AM.

My Ride
    firebird

I have been going to Camber Auto for about 5 years now. I know the head mechanic/shop owner very well and he has been very good to me.

Actually, he was always working on my 92 lumina so he is familiar with the car. He mainly does domestics and when I bring in my legend he ringes at the work that lies ahead. He likes the simplicity of some of the domestics. He does excellent work and will only replace what needs to be replaced. His parts are all warrantied for life also.

Anyways, he is near the Blackfoot Inn off of blackfoot trail in the SE....Burbank Road.

Camber Automotive
    Dan Cameron
    252-0358

He is always super busy...but give him a call....great work!
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    2001 Grand am

i'll talk to my brother, he is a fully licensed mechanic but he does side jobs in his garage too... and he wont make ya grab yer ankles either

My Ride

I made an appointment with Camber for Tuesday. Thanks Mckenzie! Seemed like the best choice with the Lumina experience and the life warranty. I appreciate the personal offer though t3rry!

My Ride
    2001 Grand am

Originally posted by lumi
    I made an appointment with Camber for Tuesday. Thanks Mckenzie! Seemed like the best choice with the Lumina experience and the life warranty. I appreciate the personal offer though t3rry!
    its your choice