Quantcast
By popular request..... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: By popular request.....

My Ride
    Honda

Default By popular request.....

heres a list of all the screw up that i know of from speedville, someone asked for a list.
    1: we've all seen the mitsubishi cavalier. it is turbo'd and has a shot of NOS, yet it still makes 17+ second runs. something is wrong here.
    2: when carl ordered my rims in, he ordered the wonr gones in. twice. the second time, i decided to take them cause they looked good and i got a mad deal on them (they're on my car now)
    3: my friends $8000 kit from germany took almost 8 months for everything to come in. and the rear end came in cracked the first time. 8 MONTHS!
    4: my other friend laid out $2200 for a new paint job. what a mistake. speedville didnt even take his tailights off, and got paint all over the altezzas. also, there is drips on the car roughly the size of your pinky finger all around. he had to go back and threaten to get it fixed.
    5: i called carl to order my springs (eibachs) in, and he told me to call him back in a few days. when i called him, he said, "i have to call my supplier, dont go anywhere, i'll call you right back in 5 minutes". still waiting carl.
    6: there is a 240sx undergoing the SR20DET engine swap. carl has been working on it for close to 6 months now. 6 months, this guy has been waiting for his 240.
    7: a black integra with a type R swap came in for an oil change that was supposed to take a half hour. it ended up taking almost a week.
    8: my car went in there to get its rims put on. a 5 minute job. i waited for AN HOUR with a friend in the store, and he didnt even start it yet. we left and i came back another day.

my fingers hurt from typing. thats MY beef with speedville.

My Ride
    NC1

OH man, I am definitely never going to speedville if what you said above is true
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2008 Z06

RPM took 8 months to get my euro corners when I got them a few years ago!

Speedville took about 2 months to get my Magnaflow muffler in.
    Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108mph
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Re: By popular request.....

Originally posted by ninjak84
    6: there is a 240sx undergoing the SR20DET engine swap. carl has been working on it for close to 6 months now. 6 months, this guy has been waiting for his 240.
    It takes time, waiting for parts, etc. My 944 took about 6 months before the engine started up again. Another 2 months was spent tuning the car daily. Last I heard that 240 is started and running pretty decent, it's in the tuning stage now.

Just because building up an engine takes 2 weeks labour doesn't mean it'll be done in 2 weeks... shops are usually working on multiple projects at a time. Once the project starts, there's always going to be a wait for parts because something is missing... especially when doing big mods.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Honda

i think 6 months is FAR too long. thats 6 months of install, i dont even know how long it took to order.

My Ride
    Godzilla.

I've been there!! Carl is the only one working in there most of the
    time.. so he tries to do 10 jobs at once..

I can understand the wait from germany.. it does take a few months, but Carl probabley never got around to ordering it
    for 4 or 5 months later "sorry I forgot"

The guy tells you one price... then when you leave he thinks you
    forget or forgets him self, then tells you a higher price.. Oh did I
    mention he has no f**cking taste, you should have seen some
    of the stuff he tried to sell me... shit!!

There is one good thing about Speedville.... It is easier
    to bargen with the guy...
    Last edited by LaughingTiger; 09-19-2002 at 09:35 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

i think 6 months is FAR too long. thats 6 months of install, i dont even know how long it took to order.
    I've seen project cars that's taken WAY longer than 6 months. I mean, unless it's a full blown kit with all the parts for installation, it's gonna take a long time. That's the downside for custom work.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    something green

This is the first thread I have ever read on this Forum, and sadly, its a bunch of shit in it..
    I am a customer of speedvilles...
    When it came to getting a front mount intercooler for my car, Carl was the only guy that ever got back to me, the only guy that checked on the availibity of the different kits, and the only guy that in the end, could get me a spearco, in a decent amount of time, he got it for me quickly and on time, and even threw in some freeby stuff for buying it from him. On my mufflers he got them for me in a day, and his price on wheels and tires is WAY LOWER than anyone else..
    Now with the 240 sx crap, Karl is letting, out of the kindness of his heart, a kid called Adrian have pretty much free use of his shop to do the Sr20det conversion, Adrian didn't buy alot of his parts from Karl, but Karl still helped him out tons..And if Adrian is on here, he will probably back this up..
    The Cavalier is not turbo'd and the Nitrous oxide kit is not in that car, the car runs 17 seconds because its a cavalier. The guy that owns the car is helping Karl out in the shop, its not a speedville creation, just a speedville customer/helper.
    Umm 2200 for a paintjob, not at speedville then, he has a guy that does do colour matching for people who want to add a bodykit but are to cheap to get a whole paint job, you get what you pay for, and that was very unlikley 2200.
    I am in there at least twice a week, and there has never been a black integra that was there for a week.
    Is it Karls fault that manafacturers suck balls, no, it doesnt matter which shop sometimes, distributors and manafacturers fuck everyone over when it comes to shipping sometimes.. Karl spends more time tracking parts for people than anyone else would ever care to.
    Sometimes, it takes awhile to get tires mounted, even at Kal tire it can take all day, Karl does most of the work himself, answers the phones himself, and puts up with every starry eyed no money chronic daydreamer who walks in asking for a price on twin turbo's for his Mx-6.
    I have built enough cars and trucks over the years to know which shops are fucksticks and which arent, I have dealt with every speedshop in town, and been fucked by a few of them, but so far so good at Speedville. Karl tries his best and he is a pretty honest fellow, he has a family to support and works 6 days a week for 12 hours a day in that place, cut the man some slack..Maxt
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    2007 Impreza Wagon

some people have bad luck at some stores, it's the way retail is

at the retail store I work at there have been customers that have been kinda screwed and totally not on purpose, it just happens

personally I would go and spend my hard earned pennies somewhere where I was going to be treated well. And to me that does sound like Speedville, I haven't been there but I'm sure Karl (Carl?) would be a great guy! He wouldn't be in the business if he wasn't gonna treat his customres right.

Fuji is offline Track Events Co-ordinator
    My Ride
    cars

The SR20DET engine swap is being done by the mostly by owner with some help from Carl! The reason it has taken so long is because half of the manuals are in Japanese and they can't read them, along with the fact the owner of the car is taking his time to do a quality job.

Carl is just letting him use all his tools, shop and helping him with the install. I think speedville does a pretty good job for a one man show.

My Ride
    Honda

carl is a great guy, but he puts way too much on his plate.
    im sure he has tons of customers that are satisfied, and yes he has a family to support, but he has to remember that he's there to do a job.

i used to be in there EVERY day, and back when ryan still worked there we planned trips and everything. then things got ugly (dont ask), and ryan left. since then, carl hasnt really tried to get more help in the garage, and the place has suffered from it. he even lost me, and i swore i would be there until the place closed.

carl even made me some custom speedville decals for my car, but after watching and listening to him BS half my friends and me, its pretty tough to go back.

call me stupid, but i figure if im laying down a couple large every time i go into a place, i expect to get the right product, within a reasonable time. thats business.

My Ride
    FD3S

I think this thread is great. I understand that the Shops in this instance (Speedville) is some how responsable for the lateness of the order. Try educating yourselfs beforeyou shove both your feet in your mouths. Do you think Speedville goes.

1.."Ok thanks for your money man!!"" and sits on it for 8 months???" Probably not.

2.."Ok thanks for your money man!!"" and secretly concieves a evil plan on making you wait???" Probably not.

3.."Ok thanks for your money man!!"" and sends the order to the Mexican's as it is cheeper but it will take 8 months???" Probably not.

4.."Ok thanks for your money man!!"" and go in the back room filled with 12 year old kids where all the car parts are secretly made Time to completion say... 8 months???" Probably not.

5.."Ok thanks for your money man!!"" and place the Order immediatly hoping to please you and get your stuff in a timely matter. But alas the muffler you want is made in the USA and unfortunatly 20 million other Americans also want it hmmm...BACKORDER. Possiably!!!

Not to mention that Companies like Speedville DO NOT own or have any shares in UPS so they really have no control when things get held up at the CAN/US border. Please understand that car parts that arn't made by the manufacture like HONDA are Custom so they can be expensive and limited in production levels.

You want quick and cheap go to Mc Donalds.
    Last edited by SHO; 09-18-2002 at 10:53 PM.
    Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when their going to do something incredibly stupid.

My Ride
    Honda

MaxT:
    -the black integra was there last winter for the oil job.
    -the guy with the green cavalier actually is a car painter. he painted my friends car, and did the shittiest job ive ever seen. carl recommended him.
    -ive never met adrian, but carl told me HE was doing the swap.
    -the cavalier has NOS stickers all over, i just assumed it was truth

My Ride
    Plymouth Laser

MaxT:
    -the black integra was there last winter for the oil job.
    -the guy with the green cavalier actually is a car painter. he painted my friends car, and did the shittiest job ive ever seen. carl recommended him.
    -ive never met adrian, but carl told me HE was doing the swap.
    So why keep going there then if you don't like them?
    Last edited by LaserRS; 09-19-2002 at 06:35 AM.
    Yes its a Plymouth and its paid for.

Dirty_SOHC is offline 0.2 liters away from a good engine
    My Ride
    WRX

MaxT:
    I work with Adrian, that Cav does have NOS but he is to scared to hit it

My Ride
    2008 Z06

the guy w/ the cavalier works there
    Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108mph
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

My Ride
    Vorsprung durch Tecknik

Mitsubishi Cavalier???

ordered me the wrong kyb struts , he ordered to sets of fronts

Quite frankly I would not choose a shop based solely on peoples opinions on here. You just cant tell what is bullshit and what is real. This thread is useless, a similar one could be started for EVERY shop in calgary. Where you choose to shop is your own choice and IMO most of the facts/opinions in this thread hold as much value as a chrysler K car.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    Honda

im not telling people not to go
    but those are my reasons for not going

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast