Quantcast
Israel has mobilized the military. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel has mobilized the military.

My Ride
    R6///R50

There are some absolutely ridiculous comments in this thread.
    Zen-Ops all I got from your post is "I'M GOING TO DIE A VIRGIN!" Anti-aircraft in Calgary, right...
    Taxpayers would gladly fork over the money for that hey?

As previously mentioned, I think the media plays a massive part in this conflict, it always has. Ragu is right about the perspective part.

As the west protrays Palestine to be the agressor and the 'axis of evil', Israel's hands aren't exactly squeeky clean either.

It's a fucked up scenario, it's a shame innocent people are dying, and it's nothing new. Hopefully it doesn't escalate into a global issue.

War = Oil Prices Rise = Bigger Bonus?

But agreed...this is a sad state of affairs.

My Ride
    93 integra

exactly it's pretty much like using dynamite to retaliate against a mosquito that bit you...

and how exactly is it called defending yourself when you are illegally occupying lands you took by force from someone else...

in the eyes of all well informed people palestine is the one defending itself from illegal occupation from israel and israel retaliates with disproportionate force each and every time...

they are violating international law each and every time they "defend" themselves and this is reported by the proper news channels...

Western media spins it and exaggerates the severity of palestinian attacks on israel to make it seem justified to the masses of north america so that they won't have an issue participating in what will surely be a very obvious and thinly veiled genocide of the palestinian people who have been enduring years and years of confinement in the gaza strip...

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by GS430
    There are some absolutely ridiculous comments in this thread.
    Zen-Ops all I got from your post is "I'M GOING TO DIE A VIRGIN!" Anti-aircraft in Calgary, right...
    Taxpayers would gladly fork over the money for that hey?

As previously mentioned, I think the media plays a massive part in this conflict, it always has. Ragu is right about the perspective part.

As the west protrays Palestine to be the agressor and the 'axis of evil', Israel's hands aren't exactly squeeky clean either.

It's a fucked up scenario, it's a shame innocent people are dying, and it's nothing new. Hopefully it doesn't escalate into a global issue.
    Israel probably has some of the dirtiest hands on this planet at the moment. The Zionist regime must not be allowed to follow through with this. How the hell this is being allowed by the international community sickens me.

Honestly I don't want war but I sincerely hope Iran steps in to defend Palestine and just wipes Israel off the map. They break international laws each and every day and then probably laugh to themselves when the UN does nothing whatsoever to stop or even slow them down from continuously taking more and more Palestinian lands away from innocent people.

Oh shut up^ If some indians decided to rush your house and attack you, you'd want to 'defend' it.. You're ancestors did some dirty things to the indians like the rest of ours.

Theres been generations of them over there doing this, its bred into them. Plain and simple we should stay out of it, and let it run its course.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Eventually this will end in the elimination of Gaza and a nuclear war.

There's no other way this ends. That region will never see peace.

Blame Religion.

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by dj_patm
    Eventually this will end in the elimination of Gaza and a nuclear war.

There's no other way this ends. That region will never see peace.

Blame Religion.
    dunno about the nuclear part but yes religion is a waste. Causes nothing but problems all over the world.

Only when we eliminate religion will we ever move forward as a peaceful race...too bad it'll never happen.

Originally posted by ekguy
    exactly it's pretty much like using dynamite to retaliate against a mosquito that bit you...

and how exactly is it called defending yourself when you are illegally occupying lands you took by force from someone else...

in the eyes of all well informed people palestine is the one defending itself from illegal occupation from israel and israel retaliates with disproportionate force each and every time...

they are violating international law each and every time they "defend" themselves and this is reported by the proper news channels...

Western media spins it and exaggerates the severity of palestinian attacks on israel to make it seem justified to the masses of north america so that they won't have an issue participating in what will surely be a very obvious and thinly veiled genocide of the palestinian people who have been enduring years and years of confinement in the gaza strip...
    It's been a dirty mess since the beginning of time. I'm not going to try to decide who attacked who first. It's pointless.

If you want someone to blame for the destruction of modern Palestine look at the Arab League when they rolled through that land and annexed it in their attack on Israel.

Yes the was a bloody, dirty time with Jews and Palestines fighting under the British mandate for years, but the day the UN created the 'nations' of Israel and Palestine the Arab League basically destroyed Palestine before it even really existed. Israel only took control of the land 20 years later.

So who really illegally occupied the land first? Who has claim to it?

As with all things in the mid east it's levels of grey, not black and white. And I don't know about you, but if someone was lobbing rockets at me I'd respond with overwhelming force as well.

Also I believe even if Israel went back to the 1948 borders there would be no peace. I don't blame either side for how they act.

dunno about the nuclear part but yes religion is a waste. Causes nothing but problems all over the world.

Only when we eliminate religion will we ever move forward as a peaceful race...too bad it'll never happen.
    Humans are tribal and territorial in nature. We would find something to fight over.

Honestly I don't want war but I sincerely hope Iran steps in to defend Palestine and just wipes Israel off the map.
    Israel would DEMOLISH Iran in all out war... and it would be a TERRIBLE war. Don't forget that Israel is a nuclear state with one of the most modern and well trained military forces on earth and if the news is to be believed Iran is nuclear as well (or at least very close).

The fact of the matter is its very difficult to have sympathy for Hamas (I'm not saying Palestinians in general) due to the fact that whenever they gain any political traction or get even remotely close to a settlement that will allow some sort of peaceful resolution, they launch these attacks which causes Israel to retaliate.

The saddest part of all this is that these fights aren't about land or occupation or anything like that anymore. Its all about generations of just concentrated hatred.

Just a side note, I dont think its fair to paint Israel with the racial brush entirely. About a quarter of their population is Arab and of that about 80% is Muslim.

Israeli Muslims are free to teach Islam to their children in their own schools, and there are a number of Islamic universities and colleges in Israel and the territories. Islamic law remains the law for concerns relating to, for example, marriage, divorce, inheritance and other family matters relating to Muslims, without the need for formal recognition arrangements of the kind extended to the main Christian churches.
    It doesnt seem to me that these people have it particularly hard. In fact they seem to have more freedom to use Islamic law than we have in Canada from the 10 minutes of reading I did.
    Last edited by Destinova403; 11-16-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Riiiiight... because hanging out with a large group of atheists is nothing short of utopia.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

The only way you might stop the fighting in that part of the world is to dirty bomb the shit out of the region so hopefully its uninhabitable for a few hundred years, because genocide sure isn't working.

War is such a fucking waste of life, but for these people it's a way of life:banghead
    Last edited by kvg; 11-16-2012 at 03:04 PM.

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by sputnik

Riiiiight... because hanging out with a large group of atheists is nothing short of utopia.

better than hanging out with a bunch of delusional catholics who have priests who rape kids...And it's not even an isolated incident it's widespread and was swept under the rug in true religious fashion...or hanging out with idiotic muslim extremists who kill women for being raped, or zionist jews...list goes on and on and on....

Religion is seriously a waste of time...and the further along science advances the dumber religious people get...

I work for an oil company that actually employs (I know some personally) christians that literally say the earth is barely over 2000 years old...yet we drill for FOSSIL FUEL...Actually asked a girl why there weren't dinosaurs anymore since humans and dinosaurs co-existed according to her...guess she didn't like when I asked her if noah ran out of room for the t-rex and brontosaurus on the ark...

Seriously I hate religion (all of them) with a passion since I believe it is single hand idly setting humanity back hundreds of years...

Let's imagine just for a second how much more resources we'd have available to us if each and every RELIGIOUS war hadn't been fought, or how much further ahead we'd be if no religion existed to create conflict...

Yes yes I know we'd find something to fight about but it sure would be a hell of alot harder to find something to fight about without it.

Should have told Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot that.

My Ride
    Edge

better than hanging out with a bunch of delusional catholics who have priests who rape kids...And it's not even an isolated incident it's widespread and was swept under the rug in true religious fashion...or hanging out with idiotic muslim extremists who kill women for being raped, or zionist jews...list goes on and on and on....

Religion is seriously a waste of time...and the further along science advances the dumber religious people get...

I work for an oil company that actually employs (I know some personally) christians that literally say the earth is barely over 2000 years old...yet we drill for FOSSIL FUEL...Actually asked a girl why there weren't dinosaurs anymore since humans and dinosaurs co-existed according to her...guess she didn't like when I asked her if noah ran out of room for the t-rex and brontosaurus on the ark...

Seriously I hate religion (all of them) with a passion since I believe it is single hand idly setting humanity back hundreds of years...

Let's imagine just for a second how much more resources we'd have available to us if each and every RELIGIOUS war hadn't been fought, or how much further ahead we'd be if no religion existed to create conflict...

Yes yes I know we'd find something to fight about but it sure would be a hell of alot harder to find something to fight about without it.
    This comes across as you knowing very little of religion and not much more about history. The largest wars in history were not religious wars and those who have done the most harm to others were not religious and often anti-religion.

I know of no Christian who believes the earth is barely over 2000 years old. Biblical history is a fair bit older than that. There are ignorant Christians and there are ignorant atheists. Basing one's opinion of a religion on the ignorance of some of it's followers or on it's abuse is about as ignorant as it gets.

The problem is humanity, not religion.

My Ride
    93 integra

I just still think religion is a waste of time....if religion is right then why so many different ones?

You trying to tell me all religions are right? None worship the same deity so which is it then?

They can't all be right. Which makes all but one wrong technically, although pretty much without a doubt they are all wrong. It's ridiculous to believe in a higher power with the mountain of evidence piling on to prove Darwin's theory right.

The funny thing is, is that a religious person will look someone in the eyes and tell them they are ridiculous for suggesting evolution is the truth, or that we could have been designed by beings from another planet (this is literally just as easy to believe if not more likely than believing in god).

And yeah some wars have been completely religious...Crusades, ww2 (not religion based but extermination of a religion was a huge part of the war), Palestine/Israel is mostly religious as well, im sure there's many many more examples of such wars being fought.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Great your one of the atheists that preach atheism like a religion and look down at you nose at other religions Prove to me that there is no god That said I'm an atheist, but I don't need to belittle people about their beliefs.

My Ride
    Edge

I just still think religion is a waste of time....if religion is right then why so many different ones?

You trying to tell me all religions are right? None worship the same deity so which is it then?

They can't all be right. Which makes all but one wrong technically, although pretty much without a doubt they are all wrong. It's ridiculous to believe in a higher power with the mountain of evidence piling on to prove Darwin's theory right.
    You are correct that not all religions can be right but it certainly is plausible that at least one could be right. You are wrong in believing that science and Darwinism prove religion wrong or that they somehow negate the existence of a higher power. There are many scientists and philosophers and such who believe in evolution and a higher power.

The funny thing is, is that a religious person will look someone in the eyes and tell them they are ridiculous for suggesting evolution is the truth, or that we could have been designed by beings from another planet (this is literally just as easy to believe if not more likely than believing in god).
    And some atheists will look a religious person in the eye and tell them they are ridiculous for suggesting their religion is the truth or that a higher power exists. And that might even be done without having seriously looked at what a given religion actually believes and teaches. There is poor reasoning on all sides.

Some religious people believe in evolution and some don't. My guess is that you don't believe in God because of a lack of evidence, so why would it be more likely that beings from another planet have designed us when there is no evidence other beings even exist, much less beings far enough advanced to do that?

And yeah some wars have been completely religious...Crusades, ww2 (not religion based but extermination of a religion was a huge part of the war), Palestine/Israel is mostly religious as well, im sure there's many many more examples of such wars being fought.
    I'm not saying there haven't been religious wars but that the irreligious and anti-religious have done more harm than the religious.

It really seems that you have never given any serious thought to what religions teach but likely are open to what Richard Dawkins and the like have to say. That is, of course, your choice but you would do well to be open and give some serious thought into what religions actually teach and why.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

ekguy we know how you feel about religion, enough already. At least be intelligent enough to understand why some people are religious, and it's not all negative.

Religion isn't right or wrong. Some people use it to guide them in life and there is nothing wrong with that. There are perfectly fine and normal people who are religious.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by Destinova403
    Israel would DEMOLISH Iran in all out war... and it would be a TERRIBLE war.
    I agree it would be a terrible war, but:
    a) I don't think either side is stupid enough to use nuclear weapons
    b) While I agree Israel has a better trained military and better weapons, there is something to be said about sheer numbers. Iran has over triple the numbers that Israel does in both the active and reserve military. If you look at how the Taliban have been able to continue making live difficult for a much larger and much more advanced opposition, it pretty much proves that advanced weapons and training aren't the only things that help a force win a war.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast