Quantcast
Israel has mobilized the military. - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel has mobilized the military.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Originally posted by FraserB
    Watching the news and just hearing about this in different places, it seems that people are more and more fed up with Israel's shit this time around.
    I'm getting the exact opposite vibe.

It feels like people are sick of Hamas's bullshit.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I am sick of all the bullshit.

fuck em all!
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by spikers
    I am sick of all the bullshit.

People in Gaza are picking up pieces of their children off of the sidewalk, and spikers has been inconvenienced by the news coverage.

My Ride
    4x4

So... Israel drops leaflets in areas, telling residents to evacuate... sure sounds to me like they're trying to irradicate the population they're not carpet bombing with b52s Vietnam style, they're making precision strikes. And I'm pretty sure Israel could wipe Gaza off the face of the earth if it so chose...

I'm sorry but I don't agree with the Gaza residents... if your gonna let Hamas launch rockets from your neighbourhood, you better have a bomb shelter... because you know Israels going to blow that shit up at he first opportunity... to cry foul when you've allowed militants to hide in your neighborhood and Israels retaliated, is asinine...

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Originally posted by AndyL
    So... Israel drops leaflets in areas, telling residents to evacuate... sure sounds to me like they're trying to irradicate the population they're not carpet bombing with b52s Vietnam style, they're making precision strikes. And I'm pretty sure Israel could wipe Gaza off the face of the earth if it so chose...
    I'm sorry but I don't agree with the Gaza residents... if your gonna let Hamas launch rockets from your neighbourhood, you better have a bomb shelter... because you know Israels going to blow that shit up at he first opportunity... to cry foul when you've allowed militants to hide in your neighborhood and Israels retaliated, is asinine...
    Do residents allow drug dealers and gang members into their neighborhoods in Calgary? Even if they don't keep a low profile...what are you going to do, ask them to move down the street?
    Do you have the time, funds and materials (or in the case of a Palestinian, access to the required materials given the blockade) to build a bomb shelter in your basement?
    I think it's asinine to assume anything other than that the majority of civilians being killed here are just stuck between a rock and a hard place and probably don't have much say in the goings on in their neighborhoods.
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

Originally posted by AndyL

I'm sorry but I don't agree with the Gaza residents... if your gonna let Hamas launch rockets from your neighbourhood, you better have a bomb shelter...
    I'm sorry, I don't agree with the Israelis playing victim in towns surrounding Gaza. If you're going to act as a feeder population for a reservist army, while providing support for the military, they should expect the subjugated population to resist by any means necessary.

Any illusion of parity, is of course just that.

The difference is that the Palestinians live in a prison and fight back with home made toys, whereas the Israelis enjoy all freedoms, and have a well supplied, first world military.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Egypt is apparently set to announce a ceasefire has been reached. Not too surprising that they are the ones who spearheaded it since this whole mess puts them in a bind.

Ceasefire begins at 9:00PM Cairo time, 12:00 PM here.
    Last edited by FraserB; 11-21-2012 at 12:48 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

A ceasfire has just been called.

Now the Israelis can get back to their shopping malls, computer games, and other pastimes.

The Palestinians can get back to starving and trying to repair their shattered infrastructure.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by LollerBrader

People in Gaza are picking up pieces of their children off of the sidewalk, and spikers has been inconvenienced by the news coverage.
    Yup. fuck em.

This shit comes up so often, I am just tired of hearing about it, and each pointing the finger at the other. If you are stupid enough to be in the area a war is being fought, well, that is just Darwinism.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    R6///R50

Originally posted by spikers

Yup. fuck em.

This shit comes up so often, I am just tired of hearing about it, and each pointing the finger at the other. If you are stupid enough to be in the area a war is being fought, well, that is just Darwinism.
    Come on man...

You think they can just hop on an 'Air Hamas' plane and start a new life somewhere else?

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/...-and-medicine/

Israel is delivering food and medical supplies to Gaza civilians again.

Its interesting to consider that all of Gaza's water, electricity, food, and supplies comes from Israel.
    Last edited by Destinova403; 11-21-2012 at 02:29 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Lots of people don't have the choice to just leave because it sucks.

let Hamas launch rockets from your neighbourhood, you better have a bomb shelter
    Seriously? LET them launch rockets?

Hama just needs to come with terms that they are beaten and don't have the means. Innocent civilians are dying on both sides, it's a really sad state of affairs. In times of war, the side with the bigger dick wins. I hate to say this but Israel should move in, reduce as many civilians being killed as possible and put an end to this - the death toll on both sides will probably be reduced in the long run.

I'm glad this kind of stuff is in the news constantly, it's something that shouldn't and can't be ignored. People are dying everyday living in conditions that many of us would not survive in and yet the first thing on the news is that Deerfoot is backed up. Were people sick of hearing about WWI & II, Vietnam, Rwandan genocide etc because it didn't directly affect them?
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by sillysod
    Not if you're a Palestinian. You're pretty much fucked. Neither the Arabs or Jews want you. Might as well be a Kurd in Iraq 20 years ago.
    I'd start walking and wouldnt stop till I found a quiet, safe place. You can go on about borders and all that, but these last couple of wars, plus Pakistan..etc It seems they just wander over borders willy nilly.. Hell I could waltz into the US any day of the week myself, and I know the mexicans cross the southern border easily, I could walk to Argentina if I felt like it.. I'm sure they can at least get to turkey.

Originally posted by Supa Dexta

You can go on about borders and all that, but these last couple of wars, plus Pakistan..etc It seems they just wander over borders willy nilly.. Hell I could waltz into the US any day of the week myself, and I know the mexicans cross the southern border easily, I could walk to Argentina if I felt like it.. I'm sure they can at least get to turkey.
    You should like quite the geopolitical houdini.

I'd love to hear more about your Gazan escape plan.

It couldn't involve taking a plane out, as the Israelis bombed the Gaza airport into rubble 15 years ago.

It couldn't be by boat, as the Gazan coast is blockaded by the Israeli navy, and Palestinian boats are sunk. Forget fishing, much less leaving.

I don't think it could be via either of the two "crossings" which are huge military-controlled checkpoints of concrete, barbed wire, and soldiers.

It certainly couldn't be as simple as climbing the walls, as snipers kill anyone that comes within 30 feet of them.

1.6 million prisoners await your response.
    Last edited by LollerBrader; 11-21-2012 at 04:33 PM.

People escape from heavily armed prisons every day. Expand that prison to an actual land mass, and I'd say your chances are even greater of finding a way - Add to that the everyday threat to your life to begin with (much greater then prison) and the desire is there.

All I'm saying is I'd rather try walking away, then stand around waving my sandal above my head, or throwing rocks.

My Ride
    oooo

Originally posted by msommers
    I hate to say this but Israel should move in, reduce as many civilians being killed as possible and put an end to this - the death toll on both sides will probably be reduced in the long run.
    The problem with this is then you would have an "occupied" state. This would result in massive suicide bombings.

The best model is the North American model with the Natives. It is devastating and practically decimates the race, but it is extremely effective. Much cheaper to give a little money, setup reservations etc and offer incentives to any motivated people that want to do something productive.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

Originally posted by sillysod

The problem with this is then you would have an "occupied" state. This would result in massive suicide bombings.

The best model is the North American model with the Natives. It is devastating and practically decimates the race, but it is extremely effective. Much cheaper to give a little money, setup reservations etc and offer incentives to any motivated people that want to do something productive.
    Lol are you batshit crazy? The American model may be cheaper but the Canadian model will probably be looked at in 500 years and laughed at. We are retarded to let it keep happening.

People escape from heavily armed prisons every day. Expand that prison to an actual land mass, and I'd say your chances are even greater of finding a way - Add to that the everyday threat to your life to begin with (much greater then prison) and the desire is there.

All I'm saying is I'd rather try walking away, then stand around waving my sandal above my head, or throwing rocks.
    Seriously. Stop digging. I'm not expert on this subject but your ignorance is extremely disturbing.

My Ride
    R6///R50

Holy shit man, you're ignorant. Easier to say this while sitting in your $300,000 house with electricity, heat, and no fear of your house being reduced to rubble.

I take it you've never escaped from a war torn country before, so shut the fuck up thinking it's so easy..

haha Go fuck yourself.. I hope they level the whole fucking place then.

The only thing of worth over there is some sand, to put around my garden of my 300k home, and make it easier to put in some garden lights..

Make sure theres no bones in that sand.

....Annnnnd let the sandal waving begin. That more like it?

This shit has crossed our screens every year since the days we were born. Thats a lot of years to figure out its not worth the fight, make peace, or get the hell out of there.. Theres always a way.. Myself - I'd rather die trying, then live that way.

Edit.. sorry sandal season is over

Last edited by Supa Dexta; 11-21-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast