Quantcast
Reputable Toyota dealerships (or Toyota/4Runner spec. shops) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Reputable Toyota dealerships (or Toyota/4Runner spec. shops)

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Default Reputable Toyota dealerships (or Toyota/4Runner spec. shops)

Going to need to get service done and just for warranty sake, I want to have at least some record of me in the Toyota database. I do my own oil changes, tire rotation, misc checks etc but brake fluid change is coming up and honestly I'm not comfortable doing it or have the desire.

Looked up reviews and of course, almost all have good and bad feedback. I was impressed with the showroom and the parts guy at South Pointe and also Stampede.

Given the only thing that really needs to be done by someone else is the brake fluid change, I'd be OK taking it to a good shop that works with 4Runners but no idea where to start there.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Where in the city do you live?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I'd go anywhere in town so location doesn't matter much. But I'm just north of downtown.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Jeff Lange at Stampede Toyota is an awesome parts guy. Vic, a tech there, runs the ct4wd off road toyota club and has a crazy runner himself.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

I'll be up at Stampede Toyota starting second week of January. Pop in and say hi! =P

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Jeff Lange at Stampede Toyota is an awesome parts guy. Vic, a tech there, runs the ct4wd off road toyota club and has a crazy runner himself.
    This kinda stuff is what I was hoping to hear about. Thanks!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    1.2 GIGAWATT CUISINART POWERED DELOREAN

+1 for Vic. Jut ask for him to work on your car when you go to Stampede.
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

My Ride
    FJC, S30

Jeff has a real good rep! You should sign up at ct4wd.ca
    Too bad I exclusively go to country hills.
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

Do not take your 4runner to anything shy of a dealership for the brake fluid service. They have special brake boosters that require a specific sequence with the techstream.

Any Toyota dealership is fine, I usually recommend starting with an oil change and see how they treat you prior to getting a major service done.

My recommendation is Country Hills. I dealt with them for years and they go further than most dealerships to make the customers happy. But your experience can vary from my own.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by That.Guy.S30
    Jeff has a real good rep! You should sign up at ct4wd.ca
    Too bad I exclusively go to country hills.
    I just checked out their membership benefits. If I take it to Heninger, the membership basically pays for itself! And have a master mechanic take a final once-over. But Vic at Stampede sounds like a great mechanic (if I can infact get him doing all my work).

Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
    Do not take your 4runner to anything shy of a dealership for the brake fluid service. They have special brake boosters that require a specific sequence with the techstream.

Any Toyota dealership is fine, I usually recommend starting with an oil change and see how they treat you prior to getting a major service done.

My recommendation is Country Hills. I dealt with them for years and they go further than most dealerships to make the customers happy. But your experience can vary from my own.
    Great info on the brake booster, I had no idea it would have been such a pain in the butt.

Do you guys work at Country Hills or have a friend that does, or just actually had good experiences there? PM is fine, I'm open to trying places. The vehicle was originally bought at Country Hills.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    FJC, S30

I take my FJ to country hills because I bought it there and I get free oil changes for the life of the vehicle as long as it is maintained there. They have been great to deal with (6 years so far, no complaints) and my FJ has been through hell and back, trust me.

Sam is the Master tech there awesome guy. He showed me a Taco he was installing a TRD S/C on. I am pretty sure all other Toyotas are just as capable, but I've built a relationship at country hills and I like the service.
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    toyota MR2

Cochrane toyota does all my work. Ct4wd discounts
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    1989 MA70, 2006 UZN215

Thank you very much Ryan and Sebastian for the plug, it means a whole heck of a lot! msommers, as Trueno said. In order to bleed the brake system, the laptop scanner needs to be plugged for the most effective results when it comes to air bleeding the system. Any Toyota dealer will have this essential tool, and will be able to service it no problem!

My Ride
    '86 AE86, '11 GSE20 6MT

Thanks for the recommendation.

Friendly tip: If you call me, mention that you got my name from Beyond, or that you're a CT4WD member, etc. at the start, that way I can see what I can do for pricing, etc. from the get go.

Plus it helps to know that I'm dealing with a nutjob from the beginning, so I don't get frustrated by your wacky questions, haha!

Jeff

2011 Lexus IS350 6MT F-Sport with LSD
    1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S Supercharged with TRD Stuff
    1993 Toyota Previa 5MT Studded Ice Race Van

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Thought I'd follow up on this.

Ended up booking at Heninger to get the CT4WD discounts from the membership. Everything went really smoothly from them having an pretty open schedule at the beginning of the week for me to come in, dropping off, picking up and getting me out the door quickly. It was an incredibly easy process.

Drop-off - guy made sure all my details were correct, service being done etc. Guy knew exactly what the CT4WD discounts were, put a note on the invoice right away. Had the option of a shuttle or transit tickets home. Took the transit tickets (can't believe it's $3.00 now).

Pick-up - get a call that everything was good to go. Went to the 39th st train station and there is a Heninger van already waiting in the parking lot. Asked if I could hop in but hadn't scheduled it. Apparently enough people come after work to pick up that they just wait there. Now that's awesome! Dropped off at the door, paperwork and my keys are organized, pay, out the door. Done.

Total cost with the discounts for a brake fluid flush: $119.36 incl/ gst.

Overall experience so far: A+
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    '86 AE86, '11 GSE20 6MT

Glad you were well taken care of.

Jeff

2011 Lexus IS350 6MT F-Sport with LSD
    1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S Supercharged with TRD Stuff
    1993 Toyota Previa 5MT Studded Ice Race Van