Quantcast
West LRT Parking (69th St Station) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: West LRT Parking (69th St Station)

Default West LRT Parking (69th St Station)

Does anyone know whats going on with the 69th St Parking.

I've been told and I look around and see absolutely everything says reserved, but transit website says up to 400 stalls reserved but parkade has 1000 car capacity but didn't see a single non-reserved stall.

Does anyone know where you can park in that park and ride for free or is the entire lot reserved.

Can't find answers to this anywhere.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

http://www.calgarytransit.com/pdf/re...on_parkade.pdf

http://www.calgarytransit.com/pdf/re...on_surface.pdf

Right off their site. Shows all the free spots on there, one is for surface lot and one for the parkade (never been there but that's what it says on their site)

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

All of level one is reserved, and the entire half of the second level (west facing) is reserved as well.
    About 1/3 of level 2 is unreserved (facing 69th and the school) in the parkade and all of level 3 is open.

It sucks b/c i was excited to finally have covered parking but there are very few spots left and i get in there by 6:30am. I expect tomorrow to be a gong show finding a stall since everyone is back to work.

Half of the surface lot at the Westside Rec side is reserved and the remainder is open.

Edit: what eblend said ^^^^
    Last edited by nickyh; 01-06-2013 at 01:14 PM.

My Ride
    Z

unreserved fill up INSANELY fast
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

I haven't parked at a lrt station recently but wtf are the reserved spots reserved for??
    Paying customers?

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by EK69
    I haven't parked at a lrt station recently but wtf are the reserved spots reserved for??
    Paying customers?
    I haven't been to that lot for ages and didn't even know they had a parkade now but previously most of the lot was reserved for Westside Customers. I was fined several times for parking in those stalls even though I had a Westside Season's Pass (the parking patrol would sit in their cars and watch to see if you went into Westside or on to transit).

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by EK69
    Paying customers?
    Yes, $70 a month gets you a reserved spot, so you don't have to get in by 6AM to score a spot. Most places have reserved spots open right until 9AM or so, depending on the lot. Also, after 10AM those spots are free for all, so you can park in them if you start late ect

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

FYI, that PDF for the second level is wrong.
    The South west side up until the middle is also reserved on level 2, not open like the PDF states.

My Ride
    A4/Tundra

In by 7 am and not a chance in hell of getting a spot. Good job City, what a useless parkade.

Originally posted by idriveabox
    In by 7 am and not a chance in hell of getting a spot. Good job City, what a useless parkade.
    what would be your recommendation on what they could have done differently?
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Originally posted by lint

more levels? its in an area of the city where people dont like taking busses and they have parking for 30% of estimated riders. bring back some of the routes they cut like the 101 and 104 so less people have to use the train?

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Realized that demand would far outpace what they could provide, and built all stations with a reasonable amount of parking. They say they want people using transit, yet they make it so freaking inconvenient to do so.
    Signature..... I ate it!!

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by quick_scar

Realized that demand would far outpace what they could provide, and built all stations with a reasonable amount of parking. They say they want people using transit, yet they make it so freaking inconvenient to do so.
    Where would you propose they build said parking? How would you have them pay for it?

Every time they bump fares by a tiny amount, people bitch and moan. They sure won't want to pay for improvments. Not to mention a good portion of these stations and the associated parking were setup back when they had no idea that demand would be what it is today.
    Last edited by FraserB; 01-07-2013 at 10:18 AM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by austic
    more levels? its in an area of the city where people dont like taking busses and they have parking for 30% of estimated riders. bring back some of the routes they cut like the 101 and 104 so less people have to use the train?
    people don't like taking busses, so bring back more busses so that they can take the bus?
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by idriveabox
    I assume that this was your first day taking any form of public transit on Calgary? They also have reserved spots available, there are a bunch still available.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

I would have no problem bussing to and from the station, but for the fact that they insist on using a small community shuttle bus in peak hours for the 456.

I do not enjoy getting pushed into the side of the bus or having backpacks crammed in my face because 60 junior/high school kids do not have any manners, and then with the bus so full you either don't get on and then it's 40 min to get home since you have to wait for another bus when it takes me 10 min to drive.
    I would walk, but that's 2.5km from my house so I'm guessing 40min at a min.

I'm in the parkade early enough but i think on the days i know the weather will be good i may just park on the roof.

Transit is either dammed if they do things one way, or another; but it would be nice for the website to be more accurate so you have a fighting chance.

My Ride
    A4/Tundra

Originally posted by nickyh
    I would have no problem bussing to and from the station, but for the fact that they insist on using a small community shuttle bus in peak hours for the 456.

I do not enjoy getting pushed into the side of the bus or having backpacks crammed in my face because 60 junior/high school kids do not have any manners, and then with the bus so full you either don't get on and then it's 40 min to get home since you have to wait for another bus when it takes me 10 min to drive.
    I would walk, but that's 2.5km from my house so I'm guessing 40min at a min.

I'm in the parkade early enough but i think on the days i know the weather will be good i may just park on the roof.

Transit is either dammed if they do things one way, or another; but it would be nice for the website to be more accurate so you have a fighting chance.
    Agreed. The 456 stops in front of my house but same issues here.

Not my first day taking transit. Before the reserved spots came into effect I had zero issues parking. Now we have 400+ reserved and half are empty. Clearly the people who live in the area agree. Oh well, I'll keep driving.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Not make HALF of the Parkade open to reserved parking only. Yeah, it's free for the other half, but you gotta show up before 6:30 to barely get a space. That's pretty inconvenient for some.

$70/month for a reserved spot to park in the Parkade and then $90 for a monthly transit pass...might as well take a car and spend that money on gas and get to and from work in a reasonable time frame.

The point of the new West LRT to increase efficiency and convenience, but it does none of that for me.
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 01-07-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

people don't like taking busses, so bring back more busses so that they can take the bus?
    Routes like 104 or 101 i could grab via a short walk then one buss down. now to take the train i have to drive to the park and ride or take the 453 then the train. I don’t have a problem taking 1 buss or 1 train as your commute is still quite efficient. But by adding the feeder buss step my 5 minute drive becomes a 20 minute extension.

i was skeptical at first because I used to take the 101 dt to work and now catch the 93 and the train. except for the first day that the train line opened where the commute time was the same, bus + train has been faster every other time.

are you comparing drive time to bus? have you done a comparison of total transit times?

the biggest problem with eliminating the busses down bow trail in our area is kids that bus to Vincent Massey. that's a pretty painful route change. but for getting dt, it's been an improvement so far.
    heloc that shit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast