Quantcast
Lazy day project 1991 Beat - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Lazy day project 1991 Beat

Default Tune up

Did wires, oil change, spark plugs and air filter last week, shes ready for summer.

Also found some time to mount some rims.

Default Found some time...

Between kids,family, work...Found some time this weekend to get a couple things done on the beat

Let the pics speak for themselves. First up is a wind diffuser for behind the recaros. Honda never made one, so I modified one from an Mr-s Toyota to fit. I'm fairly happy with the fit and finish, but not sure it made much of a difference.

Secondly, I hummed and hawed over whether to put these brake duct cover son for the last little while. I finally did it when I won a couple other carbon fiber auctions this week in Japan.

Here they are. I wasnt sure at first, but they have kinda grown on me.

Default New Season new update

Been ages and ages since I've updated...

Beats been packed away since last year, just got her out and had a few things to go over, and a couple things to fix up.

First off I'll throw out some pics from last fall that Corey from Illmotion took... hope he doesnt mind me posting...

Plans for this year.

Already ordered Backyard special front lip (so I can go a bit lower). smaller tires for the rear for lower, New upgraded ECU, Full Roll cage.

Other plans not ordered, maybe a sub, some more suspension stuff to stiffen it up, Possibly air cups for the coils.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

So awesome I wish they would release the s660 here!

My Ride
    93 integra

Love this car. But something about the rear fitment...You flaring the rear to tuck those in?

Default Rear end

Ya.... Put the rims on as more of a joke.... Then really liked them.... They fit aweful in the rear but the poke is different and I can live with īt.

Gonna refresh the cf48's for this year and use them too I think.

Not sure I'll wide body the rear as I'll be stuck in crazy wide tires then

My Ride
    93 integra

yeah those mugens really set it off. The rims that poke are also sexy. Just love a nice flush fit. Hated the poke on my vw, first thing to go :P

I do truly love this car though. Have a huge soft spot for drop tops!!!

Default Big update

Big update coming this week when I get some pics including in no particular order

Upgraded ECU
    J's racing titanium exhaust
    Ricey tow hook
    Te37's
    Full roll cage
    Mugen pedals

Gotta be ready for this years sunday school

Fairly Decent update

So I have been hitting the auctions a bunch lately. It started with the wife wanting to buy me something for the car for my birthday. We ended up winning me a J's Racing titanium muffler. Here it is...

So the muffler section went from this...

To this...

Then I managed to find a Mugen front bumper in the right colour in the auctions. So I had to order a hard to find front lip for it. The limited edition RS Mach front lip for the infinite bumper. I also on this order got a backyard special front lip ( a little more subtle than the one on it now)

All together it will look like this.

Lip still isn't here. But we will see how much I like it when it gets here.

con't

Default rims

I also ordered myself up some rims.

Its not that I'm tired of the work Cr01R's, I'm just a little tired of how stiff the suspension has to be to make them work.

I ordered some te37's. The stock rim size is 13X4.5 in the front and 14X5.5 in the back. I went with something a little bigger, not as outlandish as the CR01R's.

I ordered a set of 4 14X5.5+38 offset Te37s for the fronts
    See here...

And 15X6.5 for the rear
    See here

I then ordered for of these advans in 155-55-14 to put on the front

And some A050 for the back to be pretty aggressive. I could not find A050 for the front that were not backordered for 3-5 months.

I ordered them in 165-50-15

Default Next up

First day out of this year I drove around for about a half hour without any issues. 1.2 hour in I go to exit back onto deer foot and push the gas pedal and nothing. Didn't hit the floor, bounced back up, revs didn't change a bit. But rpm would change with downshifting to pull over.

Pull over in a deerfoot merge lane in a car that is not really towable, great. Car dies as I hit 0km/hour. Try to turn it over, sounds like its flooded. wait 2 mins, starts fine and drives home no problem. Start thinking about it, and no check engine light... no hesitations.... well wait, have I ever had a check engine light? Nope...bulb removed, I missed it.... amateur mistake. Jump the OBD1 harness and it comes up ECU. Sure as shit, open the ECU, and the capacitors had already been replaced with 105degree ones, and one of the old ones had blown up and melted all over the board. Guy pulled the bulb as you can't get rid of the CEL on an ecu that has fired it.

So.... We order a new ECU from Honda of Japan. They recognized the problem of having an ecu that sees that much heat, that close to the engine block. Ecu is located behind the passenger seat on the firewall to the engine. Its behind a glove box. In 2003 they released an ecu with upgraded capacitors, and new maps.

I got the ECU, plugged it in. Brand new car. Removed any hesitations it had, also had a minority wandering idle before that was gone. Great investment, but not cheap!

I also installed some Home depot spacers seen here to keep it off the firewall a bit.

And took out the glovebox to fit a roll cage I ordered so I quickly made a cover out of corrugated plastic just in case of rain seen here

also roll cage was added and I got rid of the MR2 spider wind diffuser and the "fuck the passenger" bar seen here.

So here is the roll bar

My Ride
    changes every year

Shady fuckers! Honestly, I would never have thought they would gone through the hassle of taking a single bulb out of the dash lol

You don't live in calgary do you? I'm sire I've seen this and the other jdm truck you had east of calgary..

Default Y

Yep, pulled the bulb, and let me fly to vancouver and drive it back. Still have texts and emails where he said it had no check engine lights. Thought about going after it but it's prob a situation where karma will have to pursue it.

It's a funny problem to have though. Can present itself in a number I ways . Depending on the capacitor that blows and what it blows on... ETC....

I'll take some shots of the circuit board late. It was a shitty feeling taking apart the cluster realizing it was missing a screw, then taking out the loose 10mm bolts on the ecu knowing it has been out prior.

Gonna try to grey eagle it in wednesday... Pm me if you are gonna be there and wanna closer look at the car

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6