Quantcast
North Korea tests another nuke - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: North Korea tests another nuke

My Ride
    Audi

Default North Korea tests another nuke

Apparently, they detonated a ~10KT nuke underground (at least based on the 5.1 magnitude earthquake that centered around the test site).

Personally i'm always interested in what the Russian, Chinese, and Iranian responses are to things like this since the west might as well recycle the same responses over and over.

Russian response:
    In a statement, Russia's Foreign Ministry demanded that North Korea refrain from any nuclear missile program and adhere to U.N. Security Council guidelines.

It condemned the test as an affront to the community of nations: "It's doubly sad that we are talking about the state with which our country has a long history of good neighborliness."
    Chinese response:
    The Chinese Foreign Ministry said it "resolutely opposes" the North's latest test, which it noted had taken place "despite the international community's widespread opposition."

Beijing summoned the North Korean ambassador to China over its "dissatisfaction" with the test, the ministry said.

It said it "strongly" urged North Korean officials to "abide by their promise to denuclearize and take no further action that will worsen the situation."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/11/world/...html?hpt=hp_t2

Iran's response:
    "We think we need to come to a point where no country will have any nuclear weapons," Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast told a weekly news conference when asked about the test. "All weapons of mass destruction and nuclear arms need to be destroyed."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...91B0KC20130212

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Wonderful. Not too sure what they're trying to accomplish testing nukes, aside from piss off the rest of the world?

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

Just another drop in the bucket. Gotta nuke something, might as well Nuke the whales.

Someone should do the timeline between 1998 and 2012.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Originally posted by DeleriousZ
    Not too sure what they're trying to accomplish testing nukes
    I think it's pretty clear that it's saber-rattling.

My Ride
    R6///R50

Iran's response made me warm inside.

I think all countries should be like Iran.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Wonderful. Not too sure what they're trying to accomplish testing nukes, aside from piss off the rest of the world?
    Honestly, I swear N.Korea is goading the world on purpose so that they'll be invaded and get to give up the shitty ass "communist" lifestyle while saving face.

"Ohhh, you invade us! Now you need rebuild our society in your Western ways, build infrastructure with your own money! You win, we lose, poor us...."
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Bargaining chip.
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

I find it so ironic that the US gets so upset about NK and their one tiny nuke while they sit on a stockpile of thousands of nukes themselves.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-16-2019 at 01:23 PM.

My Ride
    R6///R50

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Kind of a weird response considering they are aggressively pursuing ballistic nuclear missiles.
    lol my thoughts exactly.

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Honestly, I swear N.Korea is goading the world on purpose so that they'll be invaded and get to give up the shitty ass "communist" lifestyle while saving face.

"Ohhh, you invade us! Now you need rebuild our society in your Western ways, build infrastructure with your own money! You win, we lose, poor us...."
    If they tried peacefully unifying, especially right when Kim Jong Un took power I am sure he would go out looking like a hero and might even be able to continue living q lavish lifestyle. He could always just move to China if he was scared he would later get arrested.

Kind of a weird response considering they are aggressively pursuing ballistic nuclear missiles.
    According to the US...

My Ride
    Ford/Audi/Benz

Last edited by DustanS; 09-22-2022 at 11:43 AM.

Life will go on, I'll be scared once they can test a rocket without it exploding mid air.

My Ride
    G6

I'm not sure there is any evidence of that. They claim to be pursuing the technology for power purposes. Both them and the USA have signed the nuclear non-proliferation treaty. By that treaty, Iran is allowed to develop nuclear energy and the USA is supposed to help. In return Iran promises not to build weapons. Only one I see violating is the USA.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by sputnik
    I find it so ironic that the US gets so upset about NK and their one tiny nuke while they sit on a stockpile of thousands of nukes themselves.
    ...the difference being that the US will never use them again because it would cause far too much outcry from their allies which they depend on for economic and diplomatic (see - military) help.
    North Korea doesn't have many allies and even Russia and China have been distancing themselves over the last several years. NC also doesn't have a ton to lose, as they have very little to begin with. Add to that a leader who seems to be following in his father's footsteps and you do have a potentially lethal situation waiting to happen.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

The PRK might also be doing this for domestic reasons as well - Kim Jon Jr. might need this as a show of force to the elite in the PRK .... just my theory

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Kloubek

...the difference being that the US will never use them again because it would cause far too much outcry from their allies which they depend on for economic and diplomatic (see - military) help.
    North Korea doesn't have many allies and even Russia and China have been distancing themselves over the last several years. NC also doesn't have a ton to lose, as they have very little to begin with. Add to that a leader who seems to be following in his father's footsteps and you do have a potentially lethal situation waiting to happen.
    Whoever use nuke = end of their country.

That said, I have a feeling China is still pulling some strings as their island dispute with Japan has been escalating.

Nothing like letting the guard dog bark a bit to create some fears. And if NK launches, China can say it's not them.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...ceasefire.html

North Korea is preparing everyone that they may be announcing an end to the ceasefire agreement of 1953.

Technically the war never ended, and now that North Korea seems to have funcional nukes and orbit capability, now is strategically a good time to restart the war, for North Korea anyhow.

Its bad for the US as there is nothing to gain (no oil, no resources, no political clout) only a massive expense.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Self defense and a deterrent to outside intervention and possible future invasion by s korea and the us.

Good for them. All countries should have nukes or none should.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast