Quantcast
Parenting: How I defeated the red haired clown. - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting: How I defeated the red haired clown.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by jazzyb
    good on you man.... I plan on doing the same.
    Ahhh it's only the methodology that's being questioned, not the motive behind it.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Originally posted by zipdoa
    Partially hydrogenated vegetable oils or trans fats are commonly understood to be bad for you. These are present in the majority of fast foods.
    The sad part is we can thank the health regulation people for pushing for those to be used in the fast food industry, rather than the stuff they were using before which was high in saturated fats, low in trans fats.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

High temperature deep frying makes food carcinogenic, much like a blackened steak is carcinogenic.

Just because it contains calories doesn't make it OK to eat.

Fast Food and Pop IS analogous to Cigarettes, and in the future I wouldn't be surprised to see the same sort of warnings on these food products that are currently on cigarette packs.

Most fast food = toxic food. Just because it doesn't kill you instantly doesn't mean it isn't harming you. The same way a cigarette doesn't kill you instantly, but still damages your body.

Partially hydrogenated vegetable oils or trans fats are commonly understood to be bad for you. These are present in the majority of fast foods.

Just because fast food has trace amounts of certain vitamins and minerals, doesn't make automatically warrant inclusion in a healthy diet. Just because Cinnamon Toast Crunch has certain nutrients added doesn't mean it's a healthy choice for breakfast.

Perceptions will change.

edit:

And to be clear, I'm not against fast food. I do eat it sparingly. I just don't try to convince myself that because trace nutrients are present that it's somehow contributing to a healthy diet.
    Which ingredient of a Big Mac (or any other fast food burger) is high temp deep fried? When it comes down to it, it's bread, grilled meat, veggies, and cheese. The only thing I could see being remotely carcinogenic is maybe processed cheese? Sure the macros or whatever it's called is not optimal ratios, but I just don't agree with it being actually poisonous

Sort of on topic - does anyone remember how cool it was when you parents brought you McDonald's for lunch in elementary? Kids would flock to you asking for 1 or 2 fries lol.

Originally posted by sabad66

Which ingredient of a Big Mac (or any other fast food burger) is high temp deep fried? When it comes down to it, it's bread, grilled meat, veggies, and cheese. The only thing I could see being remotely carcinogenic is maybe processed cheese? Sure the macros or whatever it's called is not optimal ratios, but I just don't agree with it being actually poisonous
    How about a crispy chicken or filet o fish?
    If you don't think eating mechanically separated scrap meat that's soaked in ammonia to kill the bacteria is poisonous, then carry on.

High temperature deep frying makes food carcinogenic, much like a blackened steak is carcinogenic.

Just because it contains calories doesn't make it OK to eat.

Fast Food and Pop IS analogous to Cigarettes, and in the future I wouldn't be surprised to see the same sort of warnings on these food products that are currently on cigarette packs.

Most fast food = toxic food. Just because it doesn't kill you instantly doesn't mean it isn't harming you. The same way a cigarette doesn't kill you instantly, but still damages your body.

Just because fast food has trace amounts of certain vitamins and minerals, doesn't make automatically warrant inclusion in a healthy diet. Just because Cinnamon Toast Crunch has certain nutrients added doesn't mean it's a healthy choice for breakfast.

Perceptions will change.
    many foods are also radioactive. OMG THE SKY IS FALLING. BOYCOTT BANANAS!

...AND MEAT IS MURDER!!!

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

mmm mcnuggets

Originally posted by know1edge

If you don't think eating mechanically separated scrap meat that's soaked in ammonia to kill the bacteria is poisonous, then carry on.
    Since you have such a strong opinion about this, do you mind explaining the significance of the bolded words?

Last edited by know1edge; 07-26-2013 at 07:11 PM.

How about a crispy chicken or filet o fish?

Originally posted by sxtasy
    mmm mcnuggets

Not mechanically separated/soaked in ammonia, and those videos are not mcdonalds. I'm probably starting to sound like a mcdonalds spokesman, but here you go:
    http://www.mcdonalds.ca/ca/en/food/a...mcnuggets.html

Those are 3 stories from some random soccer moms they brought to the factory to give a first hand account.

And here's an interesting page as well where they answer any question you have:
    http://yourquestions.mcdonalds.ca/questions/17563

But i'm sure nobody will read and instead keep spreading these dumb myths around.

SORRY, MAYBE IF I SAID SPRAYED I WOULD HAVE CREDIBILITY
    you don't know wtf you're talking about.

Not mechanically separated/soaked in ammonia, and those videos are not mcdonalds. I'm probably starting to sound like a mcdonalds spokesman, but here you go:
    http://www.mcdonalds.ca/ca/en/food/a...mcnuggets.html

Those are 3 stories from some random soccer moms they brought to the factory to give a first hand account.

And here's an interesting page as well where they answer any question you have:
    http://yourquestions.mcdonalds.ca/questions/17563

But i'm sure nobody will read and instead keep spreading these dumb myths around.
    Look at the dates of those articles and press releases made by Mcdonalds before that date

Are you Caleb H from port coquitlam? I sorted by most recent and the first question was about ammonia lol
    http://yourquestions.mcdonalds.ca/questions/20991

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by FixedGear

many foods are also radioactive. OMG THE SKY IS FALLING. BOYCOTT BANANAS!

...AND MEAT IS MURDER!!!
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

What a bland existence you would have if you never did or ate or drank anything that was bad for you.

On the plus side, you could be smug as hell all the way to your grave (which could be sooner or later than someone who ate and drank junk their whole life)
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 02-20-2013 at 04:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

zipdoa, you just appear to have a very superficial understanding of science, which compromises your opinions about human nutrition.
    Last edited by FixedGear; 02-20-2013 at 04:39 PM.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

Not mechanically separated/soaked in ammonia, and those videos are not mcdonalds.

Your right that video may not actually be mcnuggets and it also may not be applicable to Canada.

But, I still think the food is shit. Part of Mcdonalds success is their powerful marketing tailored to kids. Marketing knows that kids have a lot of purchasing power (look at crazy parents fighting over must have christmas toys to keep their kids happy). Winning them over as kids are also more likely to have them as customers when they are teens and adults.

If we stopped enjoying things that were marketed to us we'd stop enjoying a lot of things that are quite enjoyable.

You can't fault a business for doing what it takes to make money. Call it greasy to market to kids if you want, but it's still largely in the parents' hands whether or not the children consume it, play with it or otherwise experience it. You're right that kids who eat McDonalds are more likely to keep eating it when they're older, but to assume that kids who don't eat McDonalds as children will never have it as adults, or that kids who eat McDonalds will never stop eating it, isn't giving people any credit for having the same decision-making skills that everybody in this thread has demonstrated.

If anybody wants to think the food is shit, go right ahead, I don't think people will argue that the majority of fast food isn't healthy at all. However throwing around words like "carcinogenic" and "toxins" shows a significant lack of understanding of the science behind this stuff.

I feel I need to be very clear here. I'm not saying McDonalds is good for you, I'm not saying that people in marketing are angels and I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with OP. Just that I don't think anybody here has presented a legitimate case for everybody to stop eating McDonalds.

Still waiting for the OP to jump back into this thread with more of his nuggets of wisdom.
    Will fuck off, again.

Haha I eat at restaurants 2-3 meals a week easily. Boston Pizza, the keg, joeys, sometimes fast food. The rest of the time I eat clean food at home.

The way you guys are talking I should be dead by now!

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by speedog
    Still waiting for the OP to jump back into this thread with more of his nuggets of wisdom.
    I see what you did there.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast