Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Took silencers out... then turned off trac and stability... then took woman to dinner... she's not impressed hahahaha... but it is her daily, cause fuck driving a massive truck every day

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 08:23 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Hahaha with Stability off this thing will light them up through third. With the tune it's easily through 4th.

I'm not into street racing but it was pretty funny when I was able to smoke some chode in a hemi Ram
    Without even trying. Enjoy your white sunglasses and orange girlfriend loser...

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 08:23 PM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by Cos
    Just took mine out. Haven't driven it yet so I will update tomorrow. In case anyone is wondering where it is, this is where they are located. You can see them on my valve cover.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Have to bring yours by tomorrow so I can take a listen, see if I want to do it to mine or not.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    Hahaha with Stability off this thing will light them up through third. With the tune it's easily through 4th.

I'm not into street racing but it was pretty funny when I was able to smoke some chode in a hemi Ram
    Without even trying. Enjoy your white sunglasses and orange girlfriend loser...
    how long have you ran your tune for?

I believe that the engine already accounts for running 91 premium by upping power to 385/435lbs respectively but thats not quite as substantial of a gain as even the 87 tune.

is there a substantial increase in fuel economy?

I'm really wanting to tune it but I don't want to stress the turbos too much, knowing they work harder at our elevation and the K03's probably shouldn't be pushed too hard (maybe 18 psi)
    Last edited by r3ccOs; 07-07-2014 at 11:57 PM.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Nice to see some life back in this thread. I tried posting the video of my Heartthrob exhaust from my phone, but it didn't work. Will try again later.

I think I'll try that quick mod you're discussing. Wouldn't mind hearing a bit more of the turbo whoosh. It's my wife's daily driver though...so I've have to do it sneakily and see if she notices!!

Turns out my new neighbor works for Western Motorsports in Calgary and specializes in Ford performance. He says the AFE CAI is a big seller for the EcoBoost and that everyone is really happy with it. Might have to hit him up for a discount!

EDIT** So I just took the silencers out and drove it around the block. Didn't really notice a difference in sound. Maybe I need to get it out on the highway. With the windows down it was more noticeable.

EDIT 2** Had it out more last night. I can hear a louder turbo whoosh when the windows are down, but no difference when the windows are up. Bit of a vanity mod, but still worth the 5min to hear it spool up when the windows are down. Sounds less tame.
    Last edited by freshprince1; 07-09-2014 at 07:48 AM.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

I took the silencers out of mine and didn't notice a difference. apparently doing that, taking the tranny "diaper" off and leaving the engine cover off makes a huge difference.

anyone bring their truck in to take care of the TSB as per
    http://www.f150forum.com/f70/3-5l-ec...49576/index12/

TSB (14-0017)

My Ride
    Pushbroom

I had the PCM reflash done but not the new intercooler. The revised intercooler is half the size. No thanks.

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    I had the PCM reflash done but not the new intercooler. The revised intercooler is half the size. No thanks.
    my truck was built in March, and this TSB being in January shouldn't have the problem?

I have to call in my VIN apparently to see if it applies to me, so I'll have to find it :P

would your SCT tune not overide the update?
    Last edited by r3ccOs; 07-09-2014 at 02:52 PM.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Originally posted by r3ccOs

my truck was built in March, and this TSB being in January shouldn't have the problem?

I have to call in my VIN apparently to see if it applies to me, so I'll have to find it :P

would your SCT tune not overide the update?
    It does, but its important to have the latest stock tune for your truck prior to using the SCT, as it will download it and save it so that you can flash back to stock at anytime should you need warranty work, etc.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Originally posted by Cos

From what I've read on the F150 forums, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    I just looked at my inter cooler and I don't have either the upper deflector shield NOR the sticker, so I'll consider myself lucky

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Originally posted by r3ccOs

I just looked at my inter cooler and I don't have either the upper deflector shield NOR the sticker, so I'll consider myself lucky
    I still have the good (old) intercooler and I took off my plastic shields.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

EDIT:

Bought my truck (2013 model) August of 2013

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Damn these things are quick... just had a go with the wife from the lights, 0-80 (the speed limit for those who care) she destroyed me! Easily 3 car lengths vs the 05 hemi powered full time awd durango

Not to mention the eco-boost gets about 12L/100kms and the durango does about 18

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yep, they are quick. I find myself having traction control kick in regularly when I'm boostin around town. The kids keep asking me why I drive so fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

The intercooler tsb is based on symptoms and not vins,
    The issue is more pronounced in humid weather.

Part of the issue is an incorrect airflow to the intercooler, it is also due to moisture getting into the coils and causing a little plug fouling.

There is a PCM reflash that comes with the new intercooler and the truck is peppier despite the smaller size.
    Another reason for the reduction of size is oil saturation in the intercooler, which reduces thermal efficiency.

Really though, most drivability concerns on these truck can be resolved by changing out the spark plugs (I reccomended doing them every 40-50k KMs), and disconnecting the battery for 5mins in order to reset the KAM.

If you guys have any specific questions regarding these trucks shoot me a PM.
    Last edited by RickDaTuner; 07-20-2014 at 10:12 PM.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Yep, they are quick. I find myself having traction control kick in regularly when I'm boostin around town. The kids keep asking me why I drive so fast.
    for an almost 6000lb beast, they are pretty quick definitely

intake spacers and the exhaust has satisfied my sound requirements thus far... but I don't think has added any actual power that I can tell by my butt dyno

not really haven owned a "truck", I have to say I love the practicality and the capabilities.

What I have noticed is... its not a sports car. Maybe in a straight line, this ecoboost may be one of the fastest trucks, especially at our elevation... but it definitely doesn't handle like one (though its very comfortable) or brake like one.

The more I see retards in their halftons or bigger,with ATV(s), campers or a full payload of something, bombing down windy roads, passing cars already going past the speed limit, I just have to facepalm.

I drove an unloaded Superduty 6.2 before I bought this one, and I have to say that an unloaded 3/4 or 1 ton, is like driving on basketballs. Yet, how many retards with 6inch lifts, low profile tires on 22's, and metal mulisha stickers think they're driving a porsche when coming off an overpass?
    Why always push the limit?

as far as capability, this is what I find about the f150...
    Mine is setup for the 7650 max gvwr with the screw 5.5
    I think with a screw 6.5 HD, you get 500 lbs more at 8200.

that being said though, a trailer tongue being 10% of the total weight, and its towing capability of 11,300 lbs... leaves you with very little amount of payload capability.

If it is anything that I wish it had more "official" rating for, it would be that... just to be able to carry more in tandem with the trailer.

however with a IFS setup, and without making the truck feel both unpredicable and boardy... I get it....
    buy a 2500 if you really need it

but out of curiosity... if one were to run e-ply tires (which I typically would, if these crappy SRAs weren't stock), add an "add-a leaf"
    can you "offically" up your GVWR?
    I will be honest and say I think the brakes are quite good, and have more radius than just about anything out there?

I get it, safety wise, a 2500 is heavier, uses a floating setup, and does have more heavy duty brakes. but I think the 3.5eco especially tuned, has far more capability than the 6.2
    Last edited by r3ccOs; 07-20-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Page 3 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast