Quantcast
Best furniture stores / brands? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Best furniture stores / brands?

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Default Best furniture stores / brands?

I need some new home furniture (couches, kitchen table, etc) and while I'm not a beyond baller looking for $$$$ high end custom furniture, I don't want cheap pressboard crap that will fall apart in a couple years either and am ok with spending a little more for some quality. What stores or brands do you guys recommend for reasonably priced, decent quality furniture? I'm not too impressed with the Brick etc.

In the exact situation as you, I went with Urban Barn. Most of their stuff is Made in Canada as well. I found they had the best mix of quality and price. Their warranty is also awesome on custom furniture.

For end tables, etc. look at Costco.ca. Lots of reviews to look at, great quality for the price, and free super fast shipping. If you don't like it, they have the best return policy. I have TV stands, tables, and storage ottomans from there and they are all fantastic quality - way better than the typical Brick stuff.

There are lots of decent stores though, a lot of it will depend on your personal taste. Even Ikea has some pretty well made stuff that isn't particle board.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Revolve Furnishings Cross Iron Outlet, "Higher End" Ikea, Bondars Outlet would be my primary spots.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Amber's looks to be having a big sale.

Depends on your style.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Exploded.

Nordesign up on the hill at Deerfoot Meadows.

Originally posted by msommers
    Amber's looks to be having a big sale.

Depends on your style.
    They were the only store in Calgary that carried the brand of dining room table I wanted. The service was so bad in there when I tried buying it that I ordered it from Ontario and had it trucked in just to avoid dealing with them.

I selected everything I wanted for the table (size, color, etc) and then they provided the list price. We chatted for a few minutes and they offered a 5-8% percent discount. I advised them that I needed to go look at another table and I'd be back in a few hours. When I came back to the store the same day I waited for the same salesperson and said I'd like to go ahead and purchase the table. His response... sorry the table is at regular price now. No discounts.

I started walking out of the store and he followed me saying wait we can still work something out.

One shady salesman.

My Ride
    13 AUDI A4, 14 TUNDRA SR5, 12 VW GOLF TDI

Originally posted by flipstah
    Nordesign up on the hill at Deerfoot Meadows.
    +1 for Nordesign

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by roopi

They were the only store in Calgary that carried the brand of dining room table I wanted. The service was so bad in there when I tried buying it that I ordered it from Ontario and had it trucked in just to avoid dealing with them.

I selected everything I wanted for the table (size, color, etc) and then they provided the list price. We chatted for a few minutes and they offered a 5-8% percent discount. I advised them that I needed to go look at another table and I'd be back in a few hours. When I came back to the store the same day I waited for the same salesperson and said I'd like to go ahead and purchase the table. His response... sorry the table is at regular price now. No discounts.

I started walking out of the store and he followed me saying wait we can still work something out.

One shady salesman.
    I don't know whether to shake my head or just roll over and laugh!

How are the table and chairs holding up to daily use? I was in there a few months ago with my Mom helping her deal with sales staff in case they tried bullshitting her. The guy seemed decent enough, relatively anyways
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by msommers

I don't know whether to shake my head or just roll over and laugh!

How are the table and chairs holding up to daily use? I was in there a few months ago with my Mom helping her deal with sales staff in case they tried bullshitting her. The guy seemed decent enough, relatively anyways
    Table is great. It was a custom made table through some Amish company. I ended up getting it cheaper from Ontario even after shipping it in. Amber's does carry some good brands I just wish the service was better.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

We refurnished our entire house a few years back and went to Restoration Hardware and Chintz & Co. for damn near anything. 2 years later everything is still in like new condition and no complaints what so ever, I definitely think it's worth spending the extra money to get something that will last and you won't have to replace for a while.

I bought my office chair from Chintz 6 years ago, use it constantly, has thousands of hours of ass time in it and still looks like brand new. I thought $2k was a bit much to spend for something like that but really glad I bought it and will likely use it for years to come.

I'm also a huge fan of rustic and Victorian styling which I feel is almost timeless compared to many modern styles.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    Subaru WRX

In no particular order: Nordesign, EQ3, Crate & Barrel, Urban Barn, (higher end) IKEA, Metro Element, Amber, Ashley, Restoration Hardware, Jacques.

I hit all of these places when I moved out...

Newer one that's a little easier on the wallet but ticks the boxes is Structube, they have some pretty decent selection.

my wife and i will be moving into a newly-built house in a few months *fingers crossed*. we sold, or gave away pretty much all of our things when we moved out. we've basically got nothing except for our clothes, and some plates and cutlery lol.

we'd like to buy everything from one store to maximize the discounts. from your guys' experience, how much of a price reduction can we expect if we buy all of our furniture (bedroom, dining, living) and miscellaneous decorations from one store?

honestly, i'm finding the designs pretty similar from the places previously mentioned, so i guess the "bang for the buck" is what it comes down to.

thanks!
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by nj2Type-S
    we'd like to buy everything from one store to maximize the discounts. from your guys' experience, how much of a price reduction can we expect if we buy all of our furniture (bedroom, dining, living) and miscellaneous decorations from one store?
    Not that you'll be shopping there, but my buddy told me Ikea charges shipping and delivery per piece, no combined discounts. Something to check for whatever store you end up at.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by Neil4Speed
    Revolve Furnishings Cross Iron Outlet, "Higher End" Ikea, Bondars Outlet would be my primary spots.

NO, NO ,NO,NO NO, NO, NO.....NO. Do not buy from Revolve. I said it many times before. They are not the same store they used to be. Most of their stuff is some China and you can find it elsewhere in Canada or on the next for about 40% less. It is not high end stuff.
    Some stores to try:

Domicle
    Urban Barn
    Urban Living
    Limitless Calgary
    F2 Furnishings
    EQ
    Home Evolution

You should be able to find something reasonable at one of these places.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by ddduke
    We refurnished our entire house a few years back and went to Restoration Hardware and Chintz & Co. for damn near anything. 2 years later everything is still in like new condition and no complaints what so ever, I definitely think it's worth spending the extra money to get something that will last and you won't have to replace for a while.

I bought my office chair from Chintz 6 years ago, use it constantly, has thousands of hours of ass time in it and still looks like brand new. I thought $2k was a bit much to spend for something like that but really glad I bought it and will likely use it for years to come.

I'm also a huge fan of rustic and Victorian styling which I feel is almost timeless compared to many modern styles.
    This!
    They both carry some nice stuff but I would think it is a bit pricey for what most people seem to think furniture should cost. Everybody wants quality for Ikea prices.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

If you want office chairs Source should be your first destination. Quality stuff at Staples prices.

My Ride
    1998 civic Si

Robert Sweep, but might be a bit out of the budget. But just a suggestion.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by suntan
    If you want office chairs Source should be your first destination. Quality stuff at Staples prices.
    ok...that made me laugh out loud. The chairs they sell are direct from China. They use substandard materials throughout those chairs and are as about ergonomic as sitting on a rock.
    Last edited by Lex350; 02-03-2015 at 02:13 PM.

Originally posted by rotten42

ok...that made me laugh out load. The chairs they sell are direct from China. They use substandard materials throughout those chairs and are as about ergonomic as sitting on a rock.
    They have chairs with metal bases and proper adjustments.

Yeah I guess you can spend $2K on an office chair but I'd rather spend $120 and get something better than the shit at Staples.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

F2 and EQ3 is where I went for most of my stuff. Some are not cheap but prettu quality furnitures imo.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast