Quantcast
Revolve Furnishings did $3000.00 Damage to my daughters brand new house - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Revolve Furnishings did $3000.00 Damage to my daughters brand new house

My Ride
    Hondas

Originally posted by ipeefreely

did not read wall of text....
    X2

Originally posted by NoFlo
    Hey OP...from the pix you posted, the scratch patterns don't look consistent with a bookcase on wheels. The scratches should have at least two lines running in parallel. Im not saying they arent caused by the movers but they just look odd.

I remember when we first moved into our newly constructed home. I had similar scratches and had home builder fix it. Looking back i wouldnt have bothered. Its be 8 years now and my floor is way way way more scratched up then ever before. Its just not a big deal anymore. Think of it as your floor's 'characteristic'. Replacing hardwood floors is an artform. Unfortunately for me the guys who fixed ours was no artist. I would have rather kept the floors the way it was than go get it repaired.

See if you can get some money from them instead.
    LOL, shut up owner of Revolve. As the OP said, there was a raised middle part of the wheel made from when the casting material oozed out of the mold. That's why the lines are single lines. Quit trying to pass the buck, your stupid movers fucked up his floor so you should fix it.

My Ride
    Hondas

Originally posted by FixedGear

LOL, shut up owner of Revolve. As the OP said, there was a raised middle part of the wheel made from when the casting material oozed out of the mold. That's why the lines are single lines. Quit trying to pass the buck, your stupid movers fucked up his floor so you should fix it.
    Single lines from EACH WHEEL though.

the parallel lines he is talking about would be from opposing wheels on the other side of the bookcase.

Go back to csi school.

post deleted
    Last edited by 427; 06-28-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Originally posted by 89s1

Single lines from EACH WHEEL though.

the parallel lines he is talking about would be from opposing wheels on the other side of the bookcase.

Go back to csi school.
    Actually, the single lines are from the center if the wheel as you can see in the photo and as I explained above. So you go back to csi school.

My Ride
    Hondas

Originally posted by FixedGear

Actually, the single lines are from the center if the wheel as you can see in the photo and as I explained above. So you go back to csi school.
    The movers just balance this on 1 or 2 of these wheels?

Why no PARALLEL lines?

So, yeah... like I said.

Besides, with 5 wheels on it, the weight would be very evenly distributed. I think if the cabinet was rocking around so bad to cause no lines to run in parallel then you have worse things to worry about than the marks on the floor.
    Last edited by 89s1; 06-25-2013 at 12:02 AM.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Originally posted by 89s1

The movers just balance this on 1 or 2 of these wheels?

Why no PARALLEL lines?

So, yeah... like I said.

Besides, with 5 wheels on it, the weight would be very evenly distributed. I think if the cabinet was rocking around so bad to cause no lines to run in parallel then you have worse things to worry about than the marks on the floor.

I'm with the skeptics on this one. How does a 4 or 5 wheel bookcase being wheeled from point A to point B make all these single lines in different directions, or 1 goes back while the others don't? You said you can't see them without certain angle/light - were you looking for scratches before they delivered?

Wait till the first dent - drop a pot or a lid or something, that stings. I won't hardwood a kitchen again.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

better not get a dog

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

or kids

My Ride
    oooo

Originally posted by Khyron

I'm with the skeptics on this one. How does a 4 or 5 wheel bookcase being wheeled from point A to point B make all these single lines in different directions, or 1 goes back while the others don't? You said you can't see them without certain angle/light - were you looking for scratches before they delivered?

Wait till the first dent - drop a pot or a lid or something, that stings. I won't hardwood a kitchen again.
    If they were spinning the piece of furniture when they were moving it in to get around various things then all the wheels would leave marks that looked erratic as each one would be going in different directions.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

post deleted
    Last edited by 427; 06-28-2013 at 05:38 PM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by 427
    I hate to say it again, but there are stright lines where they were pushing it straight.

I cannot believe the mentality of some of the people on this site. This is one picture of an area of one or two square feet.

This fucking cabinet was pushed straight for about 2 feet in two places, other than that, all pushed around the corners to move into place.

I swear some of you think you are the owners or employees of revolve.

I cannot believe some of the comments you write. If you want to go comment make it worth while as i really getting sick of reading this crap some of you write.

Here, now you can all go off about my comment.

And to those that have made comments that actually have something to do with what this post is all about, Thanks.

To the really stupid commentls like do not get a dog and or Kids, What the Fuck is that.
    well here is a big ol can of fuck you for ya!

Asking for opinions and comments that ONLY support your narrow view point screams that you are a bitch.

I was in your camp, but now, in seeing how you carry yourself here, I believe you and your daughter are a bunch of over zealous douchebags, and if I was revolve, I would tell you and your pretentious offspring to take a fucking jump off a cliff too as they probably did try to make things right, only to have you go off some more. Some people just can't be pleased.

Seriously, I am willing to bet that your floor has way more "damage" to it now than these bookcases ever caused, IF IT WAS EVEN THEM!
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

I believe the guy. Every single time I have ever let a contractor (or similar) into my place, something has been damaged. When it's not their house, most people just don't give a fuck. With the looks of that ridge in the middle of the wheels, it isn't a stretch to believe that's what damaged the floor. I know my floors are pretty soft too (Walnut) and it's not too hard to scratch them. Those wheels would have probably done the same to my floor.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 06-25-2013 at 10:21 AM.

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Originally posted by spikers

Asking for opinions and comments that ONLY support your narrow view point screams that you are a bitch.

So true, how can you come on a public site, see that public opinion is against you and justify it by thinking that everyone is in bed with some random furniture company. People are giving you their honest opinions, something you probably refuse to listen to in real life.

I'd vote for him. America may have a black guy, but we'd have captain fucking Kirk.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-20-2019 at 05:16 PM.

My Ride
    oooo

I was agreeing with 427 too.

Poor response by 427, but I still believe the furniture movers did it.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    2005 F350

i agree with the OP about the damage as well as his anger at some of the replies.

Hang a vehicle repair shop for some damage that "might've been there already" or "would've happened anyway" but give a free pass to a furniture store for the same reasons. you guys are retarded sometimes.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

It's a narrow point of view because it's the only one, I don't doubt for a second he's right. I got similar damage on my one day old maple hardwood floor from almost the exact same thing.

Only problem was it was a situation of my mother "wondering how the fridge would look if it was built in over there?".....
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

post deleted
    Last edited by 427; 06-28-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4