Quantcast
UAV, Drones, R/C aircraft, quadcopters - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: UAV, Drones, R/C aircraft, quadcopters

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

Anyone play with an S1000?

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    So I am just getting into flying quadcopters... mostly I just want to learn how to fly around indoors.

I bought an Axis Aerius, and it was pretty fun.... until I ran it into the ceiling 5 minutes later, and I bent the motor rod. Turns out that part isn't replaceable, so that was the end of that.

Can somebody recommend me a palm size drone that would be durable and easy for me to start with, and maybe a place to get it from.

Thanks!
    I have this one, it is extremely durable and easy to fly:

http://www.amazon.com/UDI-U816a-2-4g.../dp/B009WGRGEQ

Replacement parts can also be bought for pennies online. They also go on sale for less than $30.

Only thing it isn't immune to is if you ram it into the ceiling at full speed haha, but it can bump around no problem.

Alright, I bought my quad kit a while ago but just don't have interest in building it. I'm a plane guy and always will be. Decided to sell all the parts, which are brand new, to someone else who will actually use it.

The frame is a QAV500 (click the link to see if on GETFPV.com), which was $200 USD + ship. The electronics are as follows. Note that I also later bought another set of 10" carbon fiber props, so both sizes will be included.

Again all this stuff is brand new, and designed to have a LOT of power. Should fly well on 3s and scream on 4s.

All this comes out to over $1k CAD, and the first $500 will take it home. PM me with any questions or requests for specific pics etc. Note that the package includes a spektrum compatible satellite receiver but also has a PPM encoder so you can connect it to any brand of PWM receiver (the usual kind) as well as PPM enabled receivers. All you should need to fly is a radio and batteries.

Would also consider trading for parts for my RX8: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/394600/br...autocross-car/ I'm assembling the engine this week but still need a clutch and some other odds and ends.
    Last edited by zieg; 05-11-2016 at 02:06 PM.
    dv/dt

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Bumping this thread up: Are you guys still out there using / enjoying your drones? I have enough air miles to be able to get a DJI 3 from Staples (oddly enough they sell it, and it's cheaper now with the recently released 4).

I'm not sure I want to though, after researching all the "rules" associated. I understand the very clear rules of 9km from airports / helipads, no more than 90m high, and to stay 150m away from densely populated areas of people/cars/busy roadways/ etc.

I also understand there's a city and provincial bylaws restricting the use in any "park".. so you can't even technically go out to Nosehill park or anywhere within the national parks (banff, etc.)?

Realistically though - what are you guys thoughts? Interested in just perhaps getting into it for fun, making simple youtube videos, etc.

Edit: Posting for reference
    http://www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/eng/soluti...tion_tool.html

Compare Calgary to Toronto. There's so much more space in a bigger city like Toronto than there is here - wtf?!
    Last edited by Kijho; 05-11-2016 at 09:17 AM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Kijho
    Bumping this thread up: Are you guys still out there using / enjoying your drones?
    Have to break the law a bit to enjoy it. Have fun with it before worst laws comes down in fall/winter.

Take it out of the city if you want to be legal.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Worse laws are coming later this year, you think (or know) ?? How much more strict can they become haha..

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Kijho
    Worse laws are coming later this year, you think (or know) ?? How much more strict can they become haha..
    http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/....aspx?id=10294

May have to register Phantom 3 size aircraft.

I see smaller drones will be popularize by this movement.

So many irresponsible owners, stricter rules are inevitable.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 05-11-2016 at 06:20 PM.

Commercial pizza delivery to start in NZ.

They solved the landing problem by simply not landing. Probably a pizza retention system that unlocks and then unreels a wire with an electromagnetic release to plop it down on the marked spot. I can imagine the wire will fully detach if more than say 5 kilos of pull strength.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6