Quantcast
Blenders - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Blenders

My Ride
    Grimace

I bought the Blendtec from costco.ca with the 2 jars for like $390 tax in iirc. Haven't tried it out yet but I am thrilled to make some smoothies

Originally posted by firebane
    To keep this thread alive I myself was looking for a new blender as I was using a Magic Bullet but it just sucked for frozen fruits such as strawberries and such.

So I was looking at the Ninja for $99 but it had such all over the place reviews and especially when it came to how sharp the blade was it had me worried.

I read in here how someone went to Walmart and picked up a Healthmaster Elite and while it cost $50 I have to simply say it was worth it.

The weight of the unit alone is fairly surprising and weights around 10-11lbs. I tossed a handful of ice in and hit the ice button to see what would happen and literally ended up with ice that exploded upon contact.. quite frightening.

I am planning on picking up some frozen berries to run another test tomorrow to see how it does and hopefully works well.
    hasn't broke on me yet...

I've heard the Oster http://www.londondrugs.com/Oster-Ver...ster%20blender

is just as good as anything out there, with an equivalent 8 year warranty for only $250

by equivalent, as well built and powerful as a Vitamix/Blendtec/Waring Pro

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I have found a blender is a blender is a blender, except for 2 differences.

I am partial to a glass housing. I find it is easy to clean, and does not get cloudy over time, and is dishwasher safe.

MOST IMPORTANT! Find a blender that has a metal coupler between the blender and the jug thingy. If it is anything else, it connection will strip itself, especially on anything frozen like ice or fruit, and then the whole thing becomes useless. A metal connection won't and will dramatically increase the life span of the blender.

other than that, they are all pretty much the same.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by spikers

I am partial to a glass housing. I find it is easy to clean, and does not get cloudy over time, and is dishwasher safe.

MOST IMPORTANT! Find a blender that has a metal coupler between the blender and the jug thingy. If it is anything else, it connection will strip itself, especially on anything frozen like ice or fruit, and then the whole thing becomes useless. A metal connection won't and will dramatically increase the life span of the blender.

The $30 blender we have compared to the $150 blender we have would simply say otherwise for many reasons.

Originally posted by firebane

The $30 blender we have compared to the $150 blender we have would simply say otherwise for many reasons.
    Agreed.

I've gone through a few of those $20 to $30 blenders. They don't even compare to the $100 Ninja I purchased a couple of months ago.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Nah once you do real comparisons, you want the vita mixes/blentecs. There is a difference but whether that difference is worth a few hundred bucks is your prerogative .
    Ultracrepidarian

Have you ever owned a vitamix/blendtec or other higher end blender? I've had my vitamix for about 9 years now, not a single problem. And I can trade it in for $150 credit on the purchase of a new one.
    heloc that shit

I've tried 6 or 7 blenders now and I would have to disagree.

All the "standard" blenders suck (basically anything made by the usual low-end appliance brands), don't mix well, and can't crush ice worth a damn (if they can, you need to ad tons of liquid). No difference if they have glass or plastic. They are also a pain to clean, usually.

I find there is much less difference between the Ninja/Blendtek/Vitamix in the higher end of things. I do not believe a Vitamix is $200 better than a Ninja, but they are different styles.

My Ninja will turn ice into fine snow without a drop of liquid in a matter of seconds, and is easier to clean than a traditional blender. Vitamix/blentek do a great job as well, but the blades are on the bottom rather than all the way up the pitcher. Just different styles. Blades at the bottom is better for some things, depending in the intended use.

For the "single serving" style blenders, skip the magic bullet and get a nutri bullet, it has no trouble with frozen fruts or nuts. Ninja makes an awesome single serving blender now too.

I will never again buy a "regular" blender though, they are all garbage IMO. A quality, high power motor and good blade/pitcher design make all the difference.

My Ride
    Hybrid

For any budget ballers looking for a cheap smoothie maker, Target has the Nutribullet on clearance for $50. Has to be the red one though. Sunridge has a bunch of them.

I scooped one up just for the hell of it.

Haven't had any issues with kale... Just gotta make sure you load it up as per the instructions?

I do wish it would break down raspberry seeds more though.
    Last edited by Strider; 02-10-2014 at 10:16 AM.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

^^^ That's an awesome price. I paid $99 for mine and it was "guaranteed to never be on sale" lol. $50 is a steal for that thing IMO. Much more powerful than the magic bullet, for whose who like the MB but wish it had more power.

costco has blendtec classic's stocked up in Okotoks south for $359

I had issues with Blendtec's digital read out when I purchased from Costco and switched over to a Vitamix. No regrets.

I've said this already, but .. I'm sure the ninja is good out of the gate. but i've used my vitamix every single day for 2.5 years and its as good as it was the day I bought it. and if i ever do have problems, the warranty is 7 years. just sayin

My Ride
    Axis powers

I'm looking to pick up either a magic bullet or nutribullet for easy protein shakes in the morning, I already have a normal size blender but cleaning it everyday is a pain. in reading the reviews the nutribullet is hands down better than the magic bullet but at double the price is it worth it? and how is the noise level? i read they are above 100db and when i'm making them at 6:30 in the morning don't want to wake up the whole house
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I wouldn't say any of these blenders are particularly quiet, unfortunately.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Axis powers

I'm ok with loud but are we talking wake up the house with 100db loud?
    Sig nuked by mod.

Originally posted by adam c
    I'm looking to pick up either a magic bullet or nutribullet for easy protein shakes in the morning, I already have a normal size blender but cleaning it everyday is a pain. in reading the reviews the nutribullet is hands down better than the magic bullet but at double the price is it worth it? and how is the noise level? i read they are above 100db and when i'm making them at 6:30 in the morning don't want to wake up the whole house
    I went from using a magic bullet for several years to the Nutribullet and it is WAY better. It's not that loud, but it isn't whisper quiet either. A "regular" blender is louder than the NB, at least in my experience. I would think it is definitely below 100dB.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

MB is a waste of money either get the Nutribullet or an actual blender.

My Ride
    Hybrid

I got the Nutribullet, it's not really any louder than my oster blender.

If you're okay with red, grab the red Nutribullet on clearance for $50 from Target (Sunridge), then you don't have to worry about price differential between MB and NB.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    STi

Originally posted by Strider
    For any budget ballers looking for a cheap smoothie maker, Target has the Nutribullet on clearance for $50. Has to be the red one though. Sunridge has a bunch of them.

I scooped one up just for the hell of it.

Haven't had any issues with kale... Just gotta make sure you load it up as per the instructions?

I do wish it would break down raspberry seeds more though.
    That's a hell of a deal. I bought mine at full price a few months ago. It's definitely way better than a normal magic bullet. Normal cheap blenders go for 30 bucks. It's pretty much a no-brainer to go with a NB instead of a MB or normal cheap blender at that price. It's easier to clean and somewhat portable to boot. I bring mine out to the field whenever I work.

However, it's definitely not as powerful as they advertise on tv obviously. I also wish it breaks down seeds a bit better, but at 50 dollars, you really can't complain.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast