Quantcast
I Just checked my credit score - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: I Just checked my credit score

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Originally posted by heavyfuel

How would that automatically make the monitoring service a scam? To me that sounds like blaming a car manufacturer for getting in a car accident.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

So it looks like bastardchild and I have the worst credit in this thread. Can anyone beat our 647 and 700?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

It's also the % of credit that you use.
    Even if you pay off your credit card every month with no issues, but you use like 50% of your credit every month, they don't look at it as good.

My bank kept raising my CC limit because sometimes I go over a certain % on my balance every month (anywhere between 35-60% of my total credit available). I think now I never go over 15% of my limit after they raised it several times.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Wonder how that works with AMEX. I have no limit on my AMEX.

Are you guys all using equifax to check your scores?

Originally posted by benyl
    Amex black??

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

AMEX cards aren't actually no limit cards. They set the limit based on how much they think you can pay off from your salary and payment history. So if you decide to be a huge baller one night, AMEX might send you a letter saying you can't use the card again until you paid off that bill.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by benyl
    The "no limit" is just an advertising technique. It counts as revolving credit up to a certain arbitrary value. Not to say Amex would ever decline you if you went over said arbitrary limit.

Supposedly Amex cards are best for credit ratings on average. Probably because they are "hard" to get and everyone who has one pays the balance every month.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

holy fuck...

so im trying to create an account with equifax to view my score and its asking me some questions... such as "with what institute was the gas card you got in may 2013 with?" and "with who is your car loan from may 2013 with" "how much are your payments for your loan in may 2013 for"

etc, etc...

yeah... i never bought a car. site told me i had to call. guy on the phone asked the same sort of questions but without dates, i told him what bank had my car loan... he said that was wrong...

still waiting for my new login info but i think my identity was stolen, so thanks for making the thread

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I recall there being the option where is says "None of the above". Sounds bizarre but definitely worth checking out.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I assume there's no free way to check this?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Even non black AMEX's have no pre-set limits. You also can't carry a balance on them either. They do block transactions when it's abnormally high compared to average monthly spend, and you'll have to pay off the balance immediately to charge more (and raise the average for next time).
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Car

Originally posted by ercchry
    holy fuck...

so im trying to create an account with equifax to view my score and its asking me some questions... such as "with what institute was the gas card you got in may 2013 with?" and "with who is your car loan from may 2013 with" "how much are your payments for your loan in may 2013 for"

etc, etc...

yeah... i never bought a car. site told me i had to call. guy on the phone asked the same sort of questions but without dates, i told him what bank had my car loan... he said that was wrong...

still waiting for my new login info but i think my identity was stolen, so thanks for making the thread
    I don't understand their shit. Last time I checked my score ~9 months ago one of the questions was "what address do you have an account associated with" or something, and I'd never heard of any of the three options. I guessed and must have got it right, freaked out, but couldn't find any sign of a stolen identity (no accounts/etc that I didn't already know about). Weird.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The quiz that equifax gives you is a mix of real and fake credit history checks. They throw in a few fake ones, just choose none of the above and you're good to go.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I may not have an incredible-paying job, nor am I baller in any way, but my god my credit is amazing.

Which is kinda useless in a way - considering everything but my house is/was paid for in cash....
    Last edited by Kloubek; 09-09-2013 at 02:41 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

thing is basically all my answer were not right... but i also remembered that my broker said ATB sucks dick at reporting so i though maybe two years later they finally got around to it

finally got in, under "other" there is a balance of $770... trying to figure out how to see the detail on that. only have the mortgage for my primary showing up

and nothing for a balance on a car loan. so all in all i think im good

Originally posted by 88CRX
    I assume there's no free way to check this?
    It's like $15.. Don't be cheap lol

Originally posted by rage2
    So it looks like bastardchild and I have the worst credit in this thread. Can anyone beat our 647 and 700?
    680 for me .. But as I said earlier I have no debt so nothing to build with..

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by ercchry
    holy fuck...

etc, etc...

I went through the same thing with them a couple years ago, utter gong show and they clearly had no idea who I was until I called them - and even then it was a pain. No identify theft, just incompetent identity checkers.

Originally posted by A790

Because I didn't get notified by the service that my information had been stolen. I got notified by my bank when I tried to take out a car loan.
    That sucks, I guess there's no real way of knowing if your info is stolen until someone attempts to use it. In which case creditalert.ca sends you an email each and every time there is an inquiry made, hard or soft, using your credentials. Were you using creditalert.ca? Were your email notifications set up? I don't think you're the type of person to overlook something like that. Dunno why you call it a scam, it's worked for me for years.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast