Quantcast
OFFICIAL: 2013-2014 NBA Thread - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: 2013-2014 NBA Thread

My Ride
    Acura EL

So who tuned into the Allstar saturday night?

I liked the whole idea of East vs West this year..... until it came to the dunk competition. I hated the format of the dunk contest this year compared to other years. It brought down the hype by so much.

Previous years they had the whole court to work with and had three dunks each with 1 minute of time to complete it. This year they only dunked one time each and only had half the court! Seemed pretty lame.
    But still a sick dunk from John Wall to win it!!

Edit: And West for the win tonight fellas!

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

Yeah didnt like the format for it. Not enough dunking. Awesome dunk by wall. Knew he was going to win it.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Enjoyed everything until the dunk contest. The freestyle wasn't a great idea, you didn't have the chance to actually appreciate their dunks because the team was throwing something else sick right away.

Not enough dunks for a dunk contest IMO.

Also, now that I think about it, didn't like the full rack of money balls for the 3 point contest. That wasn't broken, it didn't need fixing.

My Ride

yeah I agree, the 3 point didn't need fixing.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Western Conferences strategy: Make Blake jump.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Has wheels

Raps interested in Rondo apparently..

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...or-rajon-rondo

Doubt it would happen, wonder if it's because Lowery wants to test FA and won't resign right now.

Interesting if Kevin Love gets traded to LA. Pretty sure LA would have to give up their lottery pick. Worth it IMO.

Interesting trade deadline so far.

My Ride

Boring so far. Waiting for a big name to be traded.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by 4doorj
    Boring so far. Waiting for a big name to be traded.
    Don't hold your breath. There's a pretty big gap between the buyers and sellers this year. The teams looking to get rid of their players for draft picks won't find any because the teams who are looking to upgrade to win this year (Clippers, Knicks, Nets, Heat, Pacers, etc) have already traded away their first-rounder, or are prohibited from doing so from last year.

Especially in a year that has a loaded draft and a HUGE portion of teams trying to position themselves for a top 5 pick this year.

The only hope for "big-ish deals" is if players on their rookie contracts get packaged together, but many of those are on playoff teams, so the price is going to be so high that it's unlikely. For example, Barnes & Thompson from the Warriors would be an attractive package, otherwise teams will have to add a rookie contract player with another vet.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by bruceod

Doubt it would happen, wonder if it's because Lowery wants to test FA and won't resign right now.
    It's a tough spot for him. He's having a great year, which will likely raise his asking price. But all the teams that can afford him don't need a point guard.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

And, I was wrong.

Granger for Evan Turner and Lavoy Allen

^

Not sure how this trade improves Indy besides getting a few years younger. Granger is a better player IMO. Perhaps they're saving a few bucks on Granger's contract.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by Manhattan
    ^

Not sure how this trade improves Indy besides getting a few years younger. Granger is a better player IMO. Perhaps they're saving a few bucks on Granger's contract.
    They save a few $$, and as good as Granger was, he's coming back from multiple injuries, and there's a little less overlap between George and Turner's game, who can play both the 2 and 3 spot

Turner reminds me of a poor man's Lance Stephenson. Also not sure what Raps are doing picking up another Euro guard.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by Manhattan
    Turner reminds me of a poor man's Lance Stephenson. Also not sure what Raps are doing picking up another Euro guard.
    Nando's a big guard who can play the point or the 2 spot. The Raps have added a 3rd ball handler who can hit an open 3. It'll fit well with how aggressive Demar's been playing. Surrounding him with shooters and big men will compliment him well

My Ride
    Has wheels

Originally posted by sexualbanana

Nando's a big guard who can play the point or the 2 spot. The Raps have added a 3rd ball handler who can hit an open 3. It'll fit well with how aggressive Demar's been playing. Surrounding him with shooters and big men will compliment him well
    Bingo.

I like Indy's trade, right now I'd take Turner over Granger. Also, it could be a trial run to see if he fits, so they can resign him if Lance gets out of their price range.

I also like the Steve Blake pickup for the Dubs, he's definitely able to take some pressure off of Curry so he can get some proper rest in games. Now they'll be able do with what they did with Jack last year. Have Blake run point and run Curry off screens for catch and shoot plays.

Fairly quiet deadline but some teams got a little better.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by bruceod

I also like the Steve Blake pickup for the Dubs, he's definitely able to take some pressure off of Curry so he can get some proper rest in games. Now they'll be able do with what they did with Jack last year. Have Blake run point and run Curry off screens for catch and shoot plays.

I'm on the fence about the Blake trade. Only because I think Curry is actually a better shooter off the dribble than in catch and shoot scenarios. Then again, having Curry run off screens is going to create some great situations where Curry can create off the catch

My Ride
    Has wheels

Originally posted by sexualbanana

I'm on the fence about the Blake trade. Only because I think Curry is actually a better shooter off the dribble than in catch and shoot scenarios. Then again, having Curry run off screens is going to create some great situations where Curry can create off the catch
    Compare his stats to last year playing with Jack, he shot better. I haven't been keeping an eye on them since the trade so I don't know how much Blake is contributing, I was just thinking of how well it worked last year.

Raptors are still rolling, solid win over the Wolves last night even with a big game from Love. Lowery did have a bigger game though, triple double.

Noah is just carrying the Bulls yet again and without Dang unlike last year! Chants of MVP for him against the Heat. Post game interview he says he doesn't like the MVP chants, says we have one MVP and that's Rose.

There's a guy any team should want.

As a huge Bulls fan (and D.rose my #1) watching how Noah is playing is amazing

Augustin is having some pretty good games also, and I think Gibson/Butler will be huge pieces down the line.

I'm curious to see if Melo will end up on the team as well, I'm not a huge melo fan but I can't deny his talent and how hard he has played this year.

The thought of a noah/Gibson/melo/butler/rose 1/2/3/4/5 starter could compete big time, and would bring some cheap vet min salaries at them

Who knows...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast