Quantcast
Own a Jayman home, switching homes using Jayman Realty? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Own a Jayman home, switching homes using Jayman Realty?

Default Own a Jayman home, switching homes using Jayman Realty?

Here's the situation, I moved into my Jayman home in July of this year, now I want to move for personal reasons (finding the location really bad)...my question is, if I buy another Jayman home somewhere else in the city (probably a townhome), and use Jayman Realty to sell my current house, would they charge me much lower commissions or any at all?? I know my legal fees will be covered and I'll take a hit from ATB on my mortgage if I port it, esp to a lower loan amount....reason I ask is I'm most likely going to lose significant $$ if I sell now (probably worth around what I paid for it) and have to deal with all the realtor commisions, legal fees, if I sell the usual way....

Just wondering if any other beyonders have done this before I go ahead and ask Jayman directly....

Forgive me for my stupidity, wasn't planning on experiencing the selling side until a few more years down the road, never done or thought about this before.

Thanks
    Last edited by Canucks3322; 12-14-2013 at 08:14 PM.

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

They will cut the rate slightly, but having used them before - well they did me a favour by not selling my home.

Poor marketing, priced poorly (too high even in the 2006 boom) and then by the time we chased the market there was a black mark against the house. We had no idea what the house was really worth so we listen to his opinion.
    Even trying to get them to remove the key box and return my key was a task when the realtor realized we would not re-list with him.

Sold the house in 2009, we were under contract the day the house hit MLS with a different agency - the relator you pick makes a difference with their market knowledge etc...

Damn, good to know...was going maybe they help me sell it for free lol if we buy another Jayman home.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-22-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Whaaa??....interesting, thanks Sugar Phreak.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 10:10 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Ya, I suppose, kind of like trading your car into a stealership...nope, but I'm hating the winter commute haha, we bought well below what we could afford, so we might want to upgrade sooner than later, guess I'll have to wait and see if the market goes up enough any time soon so I don't end up losing money.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Ive had about 3 clients in the past few years that were in your shoes. I ended up selling their homes.

Best of luck with the build.

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Where are you in the city? Specs on the house?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-22-2019 at 05:23 PM.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

I guess it never hurts to ask Jayman but I would be very surprised if they cut out their commission simply because you're buying another one of their homes. I've always notices that anything listed with a Jayman realtor is considerably higher than the rest of the market. I would just go with a competent guy, like our very own Jordan Lotoski!
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Originally posted by Cos

Only reason I ask is because your street is BRAND new and the winter just sucks. The only places I find I dont hate winter is inner city, nice trees, still decent things to wander around and look at. All you see is snow, construction, and houses.

You'll have to give ANY new area time to grow.

Transit/commute for you guys does suck though. One reason I wont move over there, as I think I was telling you.

I still think you'll enjoy it more in the summer though.
    Evansridge, love the neighborhood itself....but I'll be working downtown for another 23 years and the winter commute is brutal...on bad days it's about 5 hours total traveling...I dunno, just didn't think the commute would be that bad, we bought well below our budget so we may be ready to upgrade next year...possibly buy an older home in an older community.

Originally posted by Canucks3322

Evansridge, love the neighborhood itself....but I'll be working downtown for another 23 years and the winter commute is brutal...on bad days it's about 5 hours total traveling...I dunno, just didn't think the commute would be that bad, we bought well below our budget so we may be ready to upgrade next year...possibly buy an older home in an older community.
    I'm in Evansridge as well, didn't know Jayman was building here. I've never lived inner city so I can't compare the commute experience, but I do know the commute is not much different than any other NW community in the suburbs. 5 hours is insane though, for me it's 40mins-1 hour each way, I can make it downtown in 30 mins on a good day. If you leave at a crappy time then that entrance to Evanston is horrific in bad winter weather, but just leave earlier and it's not a problem. Either way if you think 45- 1 hour is still too long, inner city definitely may be what's right for you.

Other things to keep in mind is Evanston is constantly growing I anticipate another 2 entrances/exits for the community (see the other thread on Kincora/Sage Hill/Evanston). And the community in the summer is very nice with the ridge and walking paths, eventually those will connect down to the Sage Meadows paths in the environmental reserve and ponds which further connect to the Creekside shopping complex. I'm just saying might be worth giving the community some time to settle down before you take that financial hit.

Ya financial hit is out of the question....I start work at 9 so I drive to cardel and hop in the 301, when it snows, the bus takes an hour and a half down centre street into downtown...we lived in Glenbrook previous to this and it was fantastic, bus a block from our house, 5 minutes later were at lrt, 10 minutes later, downtown.....my truck got stuck on a farm road during the blizzard a few weeks ago and until Cos was able to graciously come help me get it out, I felt stranded...Not even sure where that dumb Kincora bus stop is and I read it took almost an hour to get to Cardel...can't wait for them to develop 144 ave though as I'm literally a block from it.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

got enough for your down payment on the new place? if so... throw your current house up for rent, if you can cover your bills and cash flow a bit you will be golden and can wait to sell when you think you will profit

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-22-2019 at 05:21 PM.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    I believe Avi has a program where they will buy your home for a an agreed price if you build with them.
    Same with Albi Homes.

www.albihomes.com

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I love the way you think… you are going to be very rich one day, if you are not broke first
    freedom 30 is the goal...

considering my dad didnt even finish post secondary till he was 29, i think that gives me enough time to rebuild if it doesnt pan out