Quantcast
Subaru Teases 2015 WRX Ahead of LA Auto Show - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Subaru Teases 2015 WRX Ahead of LA Auto Show

Default Subaru Teases 2015 WRX Ahead of LA Auto Show

http://www.beyond.ca/subaru-teases-2...how/30693.html

Sedan only, and toned down (of course) from the WRX Concept from earlier this year in New York. Power is unchanged, and I wonder if price will go down.
    ---

My Ride
    Horse

Looks awesome!

My Ride
    Grimace

Ehhhh, looks OK. Still don't like the rear though

Should be OK, would be nice though with a lower price especially with the 2 series, CLA and S3. Still wish it was a separate platform but iirc that was just a misinterpretation of a statement.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

We will see what it looks like before it hits dealerships. The FT86 concept was gorgeous, the production car very "meh".

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by A790
    We will see what it looks like before it hits dealerships. The FT86 concept was gorgeous, the production car very "meh".
    This IS the production vehicle though it seems, the concept was the blue one kenny mentioned, which I see where they got some things right to mimick it, but had to sacrifice as well to achieve this red example.

These are going to have to be crazy good value now that the A3 and CLA have lower starting prices for arguably more car.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    These are going to have to be crazy good value now that the A3 and CLA have lower starting prices for arguably more car.
    Doesn't a WRX have almost 100 more hp than a base A3 is going to have?

Subaru will continue to do just fine. They are doing so well they don't know what to do with their profits

Originally posted by Aleks

Doesn't a WRX have almost 100 more hp than a base A3 is going to have?

Subaru will continue to do just fine. They are doing so well they don't know what to do with their profits
    Why would you be looking at a Subaru if the only metric you care about is HP? There are better options than that if you just want power for cheap.

Also the S3 and STi will likely have similar base prices.

IMO looking at the whole package, Subaru is going to have some stiff competition rolling in soon.

The CLA is looking really good too, as is the 2 Series x drive.

My Ride
    Exploded.

They ruined the Legacy so here's to hoping the WRX doesn't suffer the same fate.

Looks good.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I realllllllllllly want my next new car to be a Subaru WRX but seeing as I work for Benz, I'll get the CLA45 cheaper...........WHAT to do what to do.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

I guess I was one of the few that actually liked the hatchback form. I hope the STI comes in coupe flavours.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Why would you be looking at a Subaru if the only metric you care about is HP? There are better options than that if you just want power for cheap.

IMO looking at the whole package, Subaru is going to have some stiff competition rolling in soon.

This thread is about WRX and you mentioned the A3 and CLA. A WRX will run circles around either of those two cars for similar money. IMO Subaru doesn't really compete with those brands anyway so it doesn't matter.

As for S3 vs STI. A base STI sedan is under $40K. I highly doubt the S3 will start anywhere near that as that would be more than $10K under the CLA AMG base price.

My Ride
    Bicycle

low center of gravity and weight will be the only saving grace of WRX.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Plus a good old manual transmission, which is generally lacking from German cars these days.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

In before Audi is best....

edit: fuck

My Ride
    FZ6, Ford Raptor, Audi A3 Sport Comp.

Hope they've fixed the Fisher Price interior. We went looking for an AWD hatch last year and even though the WRX/STI were much more fun to drive my wife insisted on the A3. At least it looks and feels like you are getting closer to a $40,000 car than the Subaru. Plus I found it irritating that if we wanted a sunroof, HID lights and navigation we needed the STI Sport-Tech. So really it clocked in at nearly $3000 more than the A3, and the A3 has the panoramic roof, non-aftermarket looking navigation system, higher quality plastics and 6 more speakers. We even got the Alcantara seats and sport suspension. For the difference in price we added the Stasis chip from the dealer and spent a weekend in Vancouver including flights and almost keeps up with a WRX.

Keep in mind that this is the 2013 A3, the 2014 while not being a hatch looks to be a MUCH nicer vehicle for not much extra money.

Edit: so I guess my point is that the value prospect of this car is hopefully much improved. $40,000 on a $20,000 interior fit and finish is a pretty hard sell to anyone except teens.
    Last edited by Q-TIP; 11-13-2013 at 06:21 AM.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by Q-TIP

Edit: so I guess my point is that the value prospect of this car is hopefully much improved. $40,000 on a $20,000 interior fit and finish is a pretty hard sell to anyone except teens.
    Really hoping they fix this in future WRX/STi's. My '07 STi interior is awful, but then again I didn't buy it for that reason...

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Canmorite

Really hoping they fix this in future WRX/STi's. My '07 STi interior is awful, but then again I didn't buy it for that reason...
    +1. I would've bought the new STi hatchback if the interior was somewhat tolerable.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Take a look at the 2012+ Impreza interior as that's what you are going to get with a sportier steering wheel, new gauges, and different trim coloring. If you have sat in a 2012+ Impreza you would know not to get your hopes up. IMO it's only a slight upgrade from the GR.

Don't really care too much about the WRX but all the STI needs to sell IMO is DCT/DSG .
    ---

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast