Quantcast
Good car detailers in Calgary? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Good car detailers in Calgary?

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

I just used LeClercq Autoworks in Centennial place for a wash, spot polish and hand wax job. I'm not obsessive, but the car looks great to me and it's not even that expensive once you back out the $40 saved on parking.

Originally posted by v2kai

Carlos actually does it on the side, it's not his full time gig. He does it out of his garage. It's passion for detail that drives his work; the buck is a bonus. His garage is fully kitted out like a proper detail shop. I'll see if I can track down his number. He also has a detailing forum he runs I believe... could potentially contact through there as well. I'll see what I can dig up.
    Is this the same Carlos who used to run the Detailing Bliss forum by any chance?

My Ride
    e92

I've booked in with shine revolution later this week. $375 after a 25% discount? That's exterior only but he says he guarantees showroom look once its all said and done. I will let you know how it turns out.

Originally posted by v2kai
    I've gone to Jed in the past and several friends have gone to Carlos Baca. Jed did good work, but IMO Carlos Baca is better. Attention to detail and care for his work is second to none and he has the proper equipment to check clearcoat depths before a polisher even comes close to your vehicle.

Not sure if Jed has invested in this kind of equipment now, but at the time I went with him he did not. It was purely on 'faith' when polishing that adequate clearcoat was present. At the time Carlos was also cheaper, but I believe both have upped their rates since my last visit.
    A paint depth gauge. These can range anywhere from $100 to $1000+. Most PDGs measure TOTAL paint thickness, not differentiating clearcoat or basecoat, so just think about that a little.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Has anyone used Sublime in Airdrie for the big packages? Seems like those are pretty much what jed does, and you don't actually save that much over using Jed. Probably easier to get into though. Wish there was a great detail shop near my house, Airdrie is a hassle since I don't live out there.
    Originally posted by Cos

Airdrie guy is actually a beyonder. HeavyDiesel I think? Cant quite member. Some staff at my work have got work done by him. They are all quite happy.
    Owner's name is Logan? I think. Used to own "The Wax Shop" on Barlow

Originally posted by HiSpec
    Does anyone know if any of the detailers mentioned above own a hot water extractor for interior detailing work? My interior carpet needs some cleaning up from the hard crusted salt stain from the previous owner.
    I know Refine does. I'm sure even Bubbles does.
    Last edited by know1edge; 05-12-2014 at 07:43 PM.

OK I quickly dug up some info on Carlos
    http://www.live2detail.com/showthrea...013-Scion-FR-S

Carlos Baca
    403-614-5614
    [email protected]

I have never heard of this Carlos guy. What is the name of his business?

Either way, Jed with Mobile Reflections is hands down the best. Jed is super professional, knows his paints and products.

I had a nasty key scratch on my new car and I used it to bargain a couple of thousand off the purchase price from the dealer. Jed looked at it and measured the paint depth with a proper digital gauge measuring many different parts of the body work around the scratched area to establish how much he could polish. During the polishing process he was continually measuring how much he had taken off. He even went as far as ensuring the polished spot would not out shine the rest of the body work with the proper compounds. The end result was amazing for the amount of visible damage there was and could never tell there was any damage there unless you were told. His pricing was more than fair for the result.

I whole heatedly suggest anyone who is OCD or is looking for a premium detail in Calgary have Jed take care of it. I am sure you wont be disappointed

My Ride
    /85' Corolla GTS AE86 - 20V /06' X-Runner

Google or Facebook Drive Clean Calgary, they do some impressive work. The Facebook page also shows alot of the before and after detailing shots.

Cheers,
    Ray

My Ride
    /85' Corolla GTS AE86 - 20V /06' X-Runner

Google or Facebook Drive Clean Calgary, they do some impressive work. The Facebook page also shows alot of the before and after detailing shots.

Cheers,
    Ray

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Got the van back from Jed last night. There's a lot of real-estate on a van, and it was excellent. By request he did zero polishing, but the paint is excellent, and smooth as glass after his ceramic coating.

Interior is beautiful. As you can imagine, my kids and wife had made it pretty disgusting, and it's now showroom clean. Aside from some gouges in the hard plastic of the cargo area, that van looks brand now.

To be honest, it's not cheap, but for something I get done only once every couple of years per vehicle, it's worth it to me. If anyone is wondering, he figures he spent five hours on the itnerior, and about three on the exterior. If he had polished the exterior, I'm sure that would have added a couple of hours.

As mentioned, he's booking to the end of June now. That's dissapointing since I need my new truck worked on too. Will probably book it in with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

Originally posted by know1edge

A paint depth gauge. These can range anywhere from $100 to $1000+. Most PDGs measure TOTAL paint thickness, not differentiating clearcoat or basecoat, so just think about that a little.
    I know Carlos invested on the higher end of that scale for his gauge, I cant say definitively but I would bet he has the capacity to measure clear if not both depths. He takes readings across the whole vehicle before polishing and went so far as to point out to us where the low spots were on our friend's car when we came to pick it up.

Either way you cant go wrong with Jed or Carlos, but I will be exclusively going to Carlos as long as he keeps up his 'hobby' after seeing his results and attention to detail.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    I'm going to use Detailz (full interior/exterior package) when the roads are clean and I'll let everyone know how it is. I've seen their work and I thought it was great. Price is right too.
    could you please give some feedback after you've used their services? i'm interested in getting a full interior detailing from these guys. thanks!
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Had Jed with Mobile Reflections do my truck yesterday. It's a used pickup, so I didn't have him go nuts on the exterior, but I am of the opinion that it's worth getting the paint cleaned and protected once at least. Plus, my kids will destroy that interor pretty quickly, but I will keep thenm out of it for a couple days and enjoy the spotlessness.

Again, Jed was a pleasure to deal with and his results are top-notch.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

i had my white rdx in for detailing yesterday at refine auto. i got the gold package and was quoted $350.

i dropped my car off at 7am and left my keys in their drop box. i was told they'd get it all done by 4:30pm. i got there at 4:30pm and it still wasn't done. it was finished at 5:45pm. you can probably imagine how upset i was. they then explained to me that it took so long because there were a lot of carbon build up near the exhaust, which took a long time for them to clean.

they showed me the car, and i was really impressed with the work, both inside and out. it's not a porsche, but i felt pride in driving that thing around (got a bit of rain, though haha).

i got charged $340; $10 cheaper than the original quote, because my interior isn't that dirty. the detailer showed me around and made sure i was happy with the results. it looked and smelled brand new again.

am i happy with the results? absolutely. would i use them again? hmm..hard to say. i probably would. whilst i'm very pleased with their service and quality of work, i really wish they had just told me that they were going to be over an hour late. i missed a couple of appointments, which i could have rescheduled if i had been given enough notice.

overall, i would say it's a positive experience dealing with refine auto salon. i would've been really annoyed by the fact that they took way longer than estimated, but they were such nice people, that i could overlook that mishap.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

Has anyone ever used super shine car wash? (on Edmonton trail/McKnight)
    Specifically their $50 exterior/interior wash. For the price I'm not expecting much, just need a quick clean.

My Ride
    2005 4Runner Ltd, 2003 C5 roadster

Originally posted by nagooro
    Has anyone ever used super shine car wash? (on Edmonton trail/McKnight)
    Specifically their $50 exterior/interior wash. For the price I'm not expecting much, just need a quick clean.
    For a reasonably good job, try Bubbles at 46 Ave & Macleod Trail, or the one at 58 Ave & Macleod. Both are around $50.
    Best regards,

Bill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3