Quantcast
what are my options? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: what are my options?

Default what are my options?

Okay so here's the story. I bought a new car (tech a demo) a month ago. I got a call from the dealership saying I needed my brakes replaced recently. Apparently I had single piece rotors as opposed to the two piece ones that should have been on there. I don't know why they'd switch them out and also it was never mentioned during the buying process.

My friend said that's really sketchy that the salesperson never told me and even said it could void my contract.

So I am now wondering how upset I should be and if I should be seeking compensation or if my contract is now voided? Plz advise beyonders.

My Ride
    99 Blazer

What dealership? I bought a used truck in June, and a couple days later I got a call, that it didn't go through the required inspection to make it a "certified" Pre owned. I was a little upset at first but it had lowkms so I knew nothing would actually be wrong that they would fix anyways. The plus for me was i found a couple small things for them to fix for inconvenience. In yyour case I think it might be similar, but I'd wanna know whya car came from the factory wrong. Hopef ully it's not some thief of a salesmen trying to swap parts.

My Ride

Eh I wouldn't worry about it. Just have them put in new brakes and be on your way. Im gonna have to say they probably did it to save the OEM brakes which is why they put some cheap 1 piece rotors. Just make sure you inspect your pads/rotors before and after the install.
    If you really wanted to, you could argue with the manager for free oil changes

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Why do you need new brakes on a one month old car?
    Vettel's #1

I don't need the new brakes, they basically had the wrong ones on, b/c apparently they took the original ones off for another car.

They called me 2 days ago to tell me i need to come in and swap out the 1 piece for the 2 piece.

I'm just upset this wasn't told to me when I was buying the car and its an inconvenience to me b/c i gotta go down during a work day to get something sorted out that should never have been an issue.

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Originally posted by faiz999
    I don't need the new brakes, they basically had the wrong ones on, b/c apparently they took the original ones off for another car.

They called me 2 days ago to tell me i need to come in and swap out the 1 piece for the 2 piece.

I'm just upset this wasn't told to me when I was buying the car and its an inconvenience to me b/c i gotta go down during a work day to get something sorted out that should never have been an issue.
    Sounds like an honest mistake, bit of an inconvenience but much better than the alternative of not telling you.

I appreciate the responses. Definitely helps.

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Originally posted by GTS4tw

Sounds like an honest mistake, bit of an inconvenience but much better than the alternative of not telling you.
    +1. More of an annoyance than anything.
    Vettel's #1