Quantcast
FS or FF: Various stuff (will update regularly) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: FS or FF: Various stuff (will update regularly)

Default FS or FF: Various stuff (will update regularly)

Scroll to bottom of thread for latest addition

All items that I will have "for sale" or "for free" in this thread are currently owned by my mother-in-law. We are in the process of moving her into Calgary from Okotoks and as a result, there will be a bunch of stuff that she will no longer need from the days when her and her late husband were very active snowbirds and had no home base.

I will regularly update items I list in this thread and delete items that have been sold - just following forum rules so as to not have a whole bunch of FS/FF threads.

speedog
    Last edited by speedog; 02-13-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Default FS: TravelSoft RV Water Softener model RV1200

Sold

FS: TravelSoft RV Water Softener model RV1200[/b]

Am selling this on behalf of my mother-in-law - new price on this portable RV water softener unit is $300-400. Unit is currently located in north central Calgary.

Features/specifications/operating instructions on this unit can be had at Frakco Inc's web site at this link - all operating instructions are mounted directly on tank. My in-laws had this water softener mounted in their 40' motorhome and used it for 1 year with no problems or issues. Note that no electrical hook-up is required as this is a fully self contained water softening unit.

Multiple reviews (most are 5 out of 5 stars) can be had on this unit at this Camping World web page, link.

$80 (was asking $200) , no trades - unit is approximately 6 years old, only used for 1 year, has been in heated storage for last 5 years, in like-new condition.
    Last edited by speedog; 06-29-2014 at 07:40 AM.

Default FS: Bionaire Compact Warm Mist Humidifier model CM1

Sold

FS: Bionaire Compact Warm Mist Humidifier model CM1
    Last edited by speedog; 06-29-2014 at 07:37 AM.

Default FS: Windmere Curly Top diffuser hair dryer model CTH-1

Donated

FS: Windmere Curly Top diffuser hair dryer model CTH-1

Was used by my mother-in-law in their motor home and their one bedroom apartment. Unit is currently located in north central Calgary.

From what I've been able to gather, this is a vintage unit from the 80's that looks like it's been used very little - prices on ebay range from $10 to $65..

Am asking $20, no trades - has been in heated storage for a long time, in like-new condition.
    Last edited by speedog; 06-29-2014 at 07:40 AM.

Default FF: Various PC games

Gone - into the dumpster.

FF: Various PC games

Were used by my in-laws in their motor home and their one bedroom apartment. Games are currently located in north central Calgary. Games would be excellent for someone with an older PC - senior or such, I'll include approximate vintage where possible...
    [list=1][*]Echo - Secrets of the Lost Cavern. 2 CD's, requirements are Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP, 800Mhz P3, 64MB RAM, 1.2GB free HD space - web site here. Released 2005.[*]NiBiRu - Age of Secrets. 2 CD's, requirements are Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP, 800Mhz P3, 128MB RAM, 2.5GB free HD space - Wikipedia info here. Released 2005.[*]Bicycle Solitare. 1 CD, requirements are Windows 95/98, 100Mhz 486DX, 8MB RAM, 30MB free HD space. Released 1998.[/list=1]
    Last edited by speedog; 11-20-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Bumpity bump - RV camping season is upon us, water softener is still available.

Other little stuff is also still available.
    Will fuck off, again.

Sold

FS: Vintage black leather briefcase

Have had this for 23 years and it has sat unused in storage all of those years. Brand name is National Luggage - size is 17.5" x 13" x 3.5" expandable to 4.5". Also has combination lock that you can set.

This briefcase has never been used and has original tags still attached.

Ideal for pilots or an executive looking to complete that retro look.

Am asking $40, no trades - has been in heated storage for a long time, has never been used.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

click for larger version
    Last edited by speedog; 10-26-2014 at 07:16 PM.
    Will fuck off, again.

Bump - added retro/vintage leather briefcase, see above.
    Will fuck off, again.

Sold

Bump - am adding the following item for sale...

FS: 2 - 2GB DDR2-800 Memory modules (1.8V)

These are used and they are in perfect working condition

Am asking $25, no trades - any current ads on Kijiji are listing these anywhere from $27.50 to $40.00
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by speedog; 11-20-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Sold

Update - am selling the following on behalf of my one son that isn't on here...

For sale - one (1) Samsung SyncMaster C23A750X0 23" LED Panel - new in box, never used except to verify it was 100%

1920 x 1080 1080P with HDMI & analog VGA inputs. Built-in speakers.

Also has built-in 5 port USB hub that offers USB super charging as well as supporting wireless USB video connectivity. Height adjustable, hinged stand.

This unit is designed to work as a wireless monitor/docking station.

Asking $120

Last edited by speedog; 03-09-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Bump...

So I have a 1940 Canadian Marconi model 215 (link) that I am "considering" selling. I acquired this radio back in 1974 back when I was a young teenager - some senior had put it out on their outdoor porch because they didn't want it any more and it spent one winter outside. The mice got into it a bit but what was more apparent is that someone had attempted to repair the damage caused by the mice - basically, they attempted to replace one coil and failed miserably.

What I am also aware is that the radio chassis does not quite match any on-line schematics I've been able to find - the chassis in my radio seems to have an extra tube and I am not sure why. My 20 year son has surmised that this extra tube might have been installed to allow the radio to be powered from 110VAC as opposed to the original battery layout - really, I have no clue why there appears to be an extra tube but it was isntalled in a very professional manner for the time period it was installed but it is apparent that it and the associated wiring, while old, is not original to the chassis.

This old AM/shortwave cabinet radio needs some internal work (mice got into it before I bought it in 1974), batteries and is also missing the plastic dial cover and possibly the dial needle (I may still have this - I'll have to search for it). The good, still has the huge original speaker that is in great condition, the cabinet is in wonderful shape, still have the dial and the wood knobs.

I have come to the realization that I will never get this radio back into working condition as I do not wish to undertake such a project. As far as value, shoot me a PM if you're interested - it does not work and has never worked since I've owned it. I suspect it can be brought back into working condition quite easily by the right person. Anyhow, I'll post up some new pictures tonight of the cabinet, the chassis out of the cabinet and the speaker just so people can get an idea of it's condition. The cabinet is about 12 inches deep, probably around 24-27 inches wide and 40-42 inches tall.

Pics as promised...

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

Like I said before, it looks like a Canadian Marconi model 215 but it's chassis just doesn't quite match and there's nothing stamped on the chassis anywhere to assist in identifying the chasis. To further complicate things, the dial says made in USA.

Further digging shows that it could be a 1941-42 model 202 or 203 - those are 6 tube models and the cabinet version looks the same but they have what appear push button presets which mine does not. Model 214 has the same dial plate but is a 5 tube model.

Never the less, shoot me a PM if you're interested or know someone that might be.
    Will fuck off, again.