Quantcast
Man, Canada Post Doesn't Give A Fuck - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Man, Canada Post Doesn't Give A Fuck

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Default Man, Canada Post Doesn't Give A Fuck

I've been checking my mail every day for 2 weeks waiting on a package, it was mailed March 7 and supposed to be delivered on March 21 which is 10 business days. Today I went to check it again (16 business days later) and the delivery guy was there putting packages into the community mail box. I took a look in the large parcel slot and saw my package in there......cool, it must have been delivered just now. It was an older Asian couple delivering the packages and he had all the parcels in the trunk of his car.......pretty ghetto but okay.

I pointed at my package in the large parcel slot and told him that's mine, it's got my name on it. He told me I'd have to wait until he closed up all the boxes and then I can use my key to get it out.

me - That's my package right there.
    him - You'll have to wait I close it, then you use your key to get it out.
    me - No, I don't have a key to that one, only you have the key, I need to use the key you give me to open it, it's not in my box.
    him - If you don't have your key, you'll have to go home, get your key, then come back and open it.
    me - No, you don't understand, my key doesn't work in this box, I need the post office key you have, I need you to put the key in there so I can get it out.
    him - You can't use my key, if you use my key, they complain.
    me - Okay.........ah.....ya, no. Nevermind, I'll wait until you're done and then I'll use the key to open it.
    - 5 minutes of his wife staring at a package and walking back and forth in front of the mailboxes -
    me - Are you almost done here?
    - no response -

At this point he starts walking towards his car and closes his trunk, then opens his door.
    me - Oh hey, how am I supposed to get the package out?
    him - You have to go home, get your key, then open it up.
    me - No, I can't get it out, are you.......hello? Are you leaving?

So then I walked up to the car and knocked on the passenger side.

me - Are you going to help me or just drive away?
    him - I tell you, you have to go home, get your key and come back to open it. You can't use my key.

Then his wife starts babbling nonsense at the same time, I got 2 Chinese adults both yelling at me and I can't understand neither of them.

me - I don't think you're understanding me, you got to listen to what I'm saying
    his wife - You need to call the post office and get a new key. Ya, ya. Sank you! Sank you! Ya.

And she shut the door and he drove away. What the fuck? So I'm guessing my package probably did arrive on the proper day 9 days ago and I just never got a notice, or maybe it arrived today, who knows. Nobody seems to care and if it's not the employee's problem, they certainly don't care. How do you have 2 municipal servants whom can't even properly converse with the residents of that municipality? How did this happen? Is the government so hard up for employees that it hires people that don't care about the customers?
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Having trouble understanding the problem. So he just didn't understand that the parcel key was never delivered to you?

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by btimbit
    Having trouble understanding the problem. So he just didn't understand that the parcel key was never delivered to you?
    Ya, I had no way of getting it out of the main large parcel box, he didn't give me a key for it. Normally they'll put that key in your box and you use it to get your parcel out of the large box. Then dump the key back in the hole at the top. I tried telling him I had a problem as a customer and his main concern was to just go home. Who cares, right?
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    changes daily :D

he was too stupid to realize that you need a special key to get into the big parcel slots in the big mailboxes. When I lived in McKenzie they would put the key into your box so you could get the big package, and then you just dropped it back into the mail slot so they can retrieve it for the next customer.

EDIT: Mar beat me to it....

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Serious question, are these people actually Canada Post employees or subcontractors?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I don't believe those workers are actual Canada Post workers. Aren't they just subcontracted by Canada Post to deliver to the mailboxes? I could be wrong.

Just call CanadaPost, make a complaint, and in the next 48 hours, you should have the key in your slot.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by dj_rice
    I don't believe those workers are actual Canada Post workers. Aren't they just subcontracted by Canada Post to deliver to the mailboxes? I could be wrong.

Just call CanadaPost, make a complaint, and in the next 48 hours, you should have the key in your slot.
    I'm pretty sure they're contractors as well but at least pass some sort of test before being contracted for this job. You're dealing with the public here.

I'm not so concerned about getting my package today as I am concerned about customer service. This is the number one thing that bothers me about most businesses, have at least some ounce of concern for your customers, don't just leave them on the side of the road with their thumbs up their asses. Make an attempt to help them out.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

I don't believe those workers are actual Canada Post workers. Aren't they just subcontracted by Canada Post to deliver to the mailboxes?
    Pretty sure this is the case, and I think my dad knows the exact couple you're talking about. You live somewhere farther NW don't you...

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by jwslam

Pretty sure this is the case, and I think my dad knows the exact couple you're talking about. You live somewhere farther NW don't you...
    Negative, I'm east of the airport.

lol, ok that was a great story.

dont know why he wouldn't just give u the damn package tho...seems dumb just to tell you to get your key when you're both right there and he has the fuckin package sitting in his car...

i feel your pain man

Sub-contractor, CP brought them in a few years ago. The pay/hours are terrible, zero benefits; they might be near the end of a very long and bad contract at this point. It appears the basic need of understanding English is not one of the job requirements. I'm also questioning the additional person (wife) on the job, I doubt she is allowed to be there. This is not collecting seaweed down at the local beach, security issues are involved.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Just trying to solve the mystery, may be they put the key in the wong box, the people checked the package, it's not theirs, put the key back in the slot.

I picture the scene from Rush Hour 2, "who are you?" "I'm yu" lol

My Ride
    4x4

Depends...

They have RSMC's - which are closer to contractors than letter carriers... Supply their own vehicle blah blah blah, but still in employ of CPC.

But there are also true subcontractors - who pick up the daily slack if someone calls in sick / maternity etc.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 09:12 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

So, it's not that Canada post doesn't give a fuck, it's that some old postal worker doesn't understand that he's supposed to leave the big box key in your mail slot....

Maybe you should call, and I'm just spitballing here, but.... Canada Post and tell them?

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

And in other Canada Post news: they've raised the rate of first-class letters again today:

SOURCE:
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ndp-mp-...post-1.1753310

The cost of mailing a first-class letter within Canada rose to 85-cents, up from 63-cents. The new prices only apply to stamps bought in packs; the cost of purchasing an individual stamp will now be $1.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Originally posted by infamous
    When I lived in McKenzie they would put the key into your box so you could get the big package, and then you just dropped it back into the mail slot so they can retrieve it for the next customer.
    That sounds absolutely horrible. I really take getting mail delivered to my door for granted.

Originally posted by raceman6135
    And in other Canada Post news: they've raised the rate of first-class letters again today:

SOURCE:
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ndp-mp-...post-1.1753310
    Almost double the price... and they're phasing out delivery to the door. More money for less service.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

This is why a P.O. box is the ONLY way to go. Zero hassle, ever. I love Canada Post! Never had a late letter, never had a lost package, ship across Canada hundreds of times and its always faster than they estimate.... I dunno why so many complaints!

Man is anyone else a little concerned about sub-contractors delivering your mail?

I had a similar experience, headed to my mailbox and a couple in a red dodge neon had PILES of letters and packages thrown in backseat and dashboard of their car. There was no form of organization, it looked like a hoarders vehicle.

It would be interesting to find out if these sub-contractors go through the same protocols as regular Canada Post employees for background checks. Having a bunch of underpaid individuals running around town with your mail seems sketchy.

I don't think subcontractors are allowed to have the parcel keys on "reciveing" (could be wrong) and refrain from searching through the "sent" mail for said key (avoid lawyers and shit like that) Best to just send it all in a big bag to a depot and let them find the key.

Its also possible that the previous person who used the parcel box, did not immediately return the key into the slot - It happens. In which case, they will still put the parcel in the bigbox, and a note in the box of the person who should have returned the key - to return the key.

He is not allowed to give you the package even with proper ID.

A Canadapost employee with truck will drop off the keys to the proper box (probably by end of week, depending on whether or not they need the big boxes for a different delivery in your area)

Don't like it? Get a PO box, thats what Canadapost will say.

Canadapost employees are trained to not deliver mail at all if there is a person within 15 feet of the superbox, or if they deem there are too many people in proximity (Detroit thefts occur in such a manner)

White people can sometimes get around the "loitering around the superbox at delivery time", Black men - never, lol.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 03-31-2014 at 06:02 PM.
    Cocoa $7,000 per tonne.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast