Quantcast
Infinite Avion insurance clarification? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Infinite Avion insurance clarification?

My Ride
    Car

Default Infinite Avion insurance clarification?

I read the little pamphlet but it's all tech talk and it's early and hopefully people here can clarify a thing or two... Of course the insurance only works when things are paid for in full by the visa, but-

1- While flying, if the airline loses my luggage does Avion provide any benefit?

2- If I wreck a rental car it seems like the only thing Avion covers is the rental car itself, so am I still liable for other people injured/property damaged/etc? Should my personal car policy cover that portion?

3- Overall, is the insurance benefit sufficient enough that I can generally turn down all the travel/flight/rental car insurance offers that those agencies always offer?

And for those of you who've claimed, what's your experience with Avions quality of service? My travel agent seemed to think they're slow and a huge PITA to deal with, but he was trying to sell me a bunch of travel insurance stuff so I'm skeptical.

My Ride
    FB6

I'm assuming you were refering to this:

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-c...on-booklet.pdf

2. I don't have this card, but with most travel credit cards cover collision on the rental car, usually up to $50,000. Check for exceptions (i.e. trucks and exotics)

Liability insurance is usually with the rental company. However, they usually buy the legal minimum, which in some places is merely $15,000. Check with your current auto insurer to see if your liability coverage extends to rental vehicles out of country.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

I use the TD first class, the two cards are similiar.

1. I don't see any mention of baggage insurance in their policy. So if the airline loses your baggage, you're SOL.

2. Yes, the rental insurance only covers the vehicle. It does not cover liability. So if injure someone/damage property, your personal car insurance policy would handle any claims.. check with your insurance. Mine only covers me in N. America.

3. I always turn down flight/travel insurance. But depending on where I travel, I may purchase car rental insurance.

I'm surprised the avion doesn't have any baggage insurance. That's one of the best things about my TD first class. If the airline loses my luggage for > 6 hours, I can go on a $1000 shopping spree This happened to me 3 times so far... and it makes a bad situation into something great

My Ride
    is Invisible

Originally posted by yellowsnow
    I use the TD first class, the two cards are similiar.

1. I don't see any mention of baggage insurance in their policy. So if the airline loses your baggage, you're SOL.

2. Yes, the rental insurance only covers the vehicle. It does not cover liability. So if injure someone/damage property, your personal car insurance policy would handle any claims.. check with your insurance. Mine only covers me in N. America.

3. I always turn down flight/travel insurance. But depending on where I travel, I may purchase car rental insurance.

I'm surprised the avion doesn't have any baggage insurance. That's one of the best things about my TD first class. If the airline loses my luggage for > 6 hours, I can go on a $1000 shopping spree This happened to me 3 times so far... and it makes a bad situation into something great

Just to add to the above;

No need to purchase car insurance through a rental company, as your own insurance will cover it (confirm that you have this first). Also, TD visa (First/Platinum Travel) covers vehicles that are valued below $65,000. Trucks and exotics are excluded.

When an airline misplaces your luggage, they will cover all of your expenses (clothing, toiletries, make-up, vitamins), confirm the time line with the flight carrier on when your luggage is considered 'lost.' However, they will never give you a limit on how much you can spend to recover the contents found in your luggage, so go fucking nuts.

Ball it up at the Giorgio Armani store! A man can never have enough suits, shirts and ties.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by yellowsnow
    I haven't had my baggage lost ever... but then again I don't travel much. I'd like to cash in on that shopping spree on my TD Elite

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

Originally posted by adidas

When an airline misplaces your luggage, they will cover all of your expenses (clothing, toiletries, make-up, vitamins), confirm the time line with the flight carrier on when your luggage is considered 'lost.' However, they will never give you a limit on how much you can spend to recover the contents found in your luggage, so go fucking nuts.

Ball it up at the Giorgio Armani store! A man can never have enough suits, shirts and ties.
    Wha?? there's no limit on the avion card? So if my luggage is lost, I can spend ANY amount to replace my items?? That doesn't sound right...