Quantcast
The Hockey Marathon for the Kids (AKA The Worlds Longest Hockey Game) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: The Hockey Marathon for the Kids (AKA The Worlds Longest Hockey Game)

My Ride
    2016 Austin Yellow M3

Default The Hockey Marathon for the Kids (AKA The Worlds Longest Hockey Game)

In May of 2012 forty big-hearted men set the stage with the Hockey Marathon for the Kids by participating in a 246 hour hockey game. The goal at that time was to raise one and a half million dollars for the Alberta Children’s Hospital Childhood Cancer Program, and with your generous support they were able to accomplish that goal.

One year later, upon discovering that Hockey Marathon for the Kids intended to once again raise money for the Children’s Hospital, I became determined to be a part of this team of generous men. This year, our goal is bigger, the record is longer, and the level of dedication is even stronger.

On May 4th 2014, we will drop the puck to begin 248 hours of continuous hockey. As a team, we will be on the ice for ten days, twenty-four hours a day, in shifts of four hours on, four hours off. We will live, eat, sleep and breathe every moment at the Chestermere Recreational Centre until May 14th.

All money raised by the Hockey Marathon for the Kids will go towards Brain Health efforts at the Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation. The money raised for this event is crucial, as an estimated 150 thousand children in southern Alberta alone are affected by Brain Damage or Disorders. Brain illnesses can be especially devastating as they have the potential to alter your child’s personality, hinder their intelligence, and predominantly upset their development during the most critical stage of their life.
    These kids depend on the Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation, and that is why I have accepted the challenge to raise funds in support of this incredible cause. I will keep you all updated on our progress, and you are welcome to drop by the rink at any time to show your support.

So, please help support me during the 2014 Hockey Marathon for the Kids by giving charitably. Every donation counts and it is easy to make a tax-deductible donation online by following the link below. If you want to become involved by being a sponsor of the game, please see the enclosed 2014 sponsorship opportunities.

Jeff Kidd Childrens Hospital Link

For more information on the game please watch our two minute video

Short YouTube Clip

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

This is an amazing effort, and a n excellent cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    NC1

That is madness.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Lease

props. And double props for being low key having a good looking gf, without being typical beyond rubbing it in everyone's face out with proof. Props props

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

That's not his girlfriend, that's MY WIFE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    That's not his girlfriend, that's MY WIFE!!!

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

It's more than 10 days, last time they did 10.5 days as far as I was told by one of the guys that played. I'm going to see him at lunch tomorrow, I'll ask him about it.

And some of the other records guys are setting are insane, it's not just the longest hockey game, they also set records for:
    - most goals in a game (over 500)
    - most consecutive goals (close to 100)
    - most goals in a shift

And apparently it's all recognized by Guiness and will be in one of the books yet to come out.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

i saw on your insta but you should tell them how much weight you gained for this because of all the calories you'll burn throughout this fundraiser!