Quantcast
G35 front left speaker not working after new deck install - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: G35 front left speaker not working after new deck install

Default G35 front left speaker not working after new deck install

Any help would be great! Maybe you Nissan guys have used the NIS2 before... I am new with audio stuff, so please bear with me.

I have a 06 G35 and have installed a Sony DSX-S210X, using a ROEM NIS2 with the factory Bose system. The front left speaker is not working. I plugged in the original Bose head unit and the left speaker works fine. Plug in the Sony/NIS2 and the speaker doesn't work at all. I have recrimped the white and white/black wires three times now (left speakers), and soldered the ground, with no results.

notes:

- I chose not to buy the adapter for the steering wheel controls, as I never use them anyway
    - The NIS2 has a bunch of markings and holes on it that look they reach down to the contacts (LF/RF/LR/RR). Am I supposed to do something with this?

Thanks

Do a continuity check with a multimeter. That'll tell you if the wire's broken somewhere.
    Then check the speaker for resistance with the multimeter to verify it's still good.

Wouldn't me plugging the oem head unit back in and the left speaker working just fine be sufficient enough to say there isn't a break in the wire, and that the speaker is good?

Sorry if this isn't clicking with me, like I said earlier, I'm not exactly a pro at this stuff.

My Ride
    G37S

^Thats probably true. Test your headunit by switching the wires for the left and right speakers. If after switching, your right speaker doesn't work, then you know its your headunit that is faulty.

Oops, yes it would. Quickly read it and missed that part.
    My comments were based on typical electronic troubleshooting.

It could happen that the head unit is bad and Reflex is right.
    Also make sure your balance and fade are setup and it's not accidentally tuned to have no sound in that speaker. It's probably not the case but you never know.

Thanks for everyone's help. I didn't reply because I wasn't too sure how to do all that testing myself. I just got back from a shop this morning - turns out the PAC ROEM NIS2 I am using is defective. I'm trying to get a new unit shipped out...we'll see how that goes. Bought it off ebay and it wasn't cheap either. Unfortunately for these kinds of purchases you don't get around to installing them until all the bits and pieces come in.