Quantcast
Spotted: Sneaky plain clothes police trucks (W part of City) - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Spotted: Sneaky plain clothes police trucks (W part of City)

I saw a grey new gen Dodge Ram cleaning up Crowchild yesterday. I drove from Crowfoot area to Brentwood and saw that the Ram had someone pulled over EB by Dalhousie. On my way back to Crowfoot 5 minutes later he had someone pulled over WB just past Nosehill Dr. Once it gets dark out, its nearly impossible to tell its a patrol vehicle until it's to late.

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Originally posted by spikerS

That is a CPS service truck for the Photo Radar Camera on the stand in the background. They use it to pull the SD cards from the camera in there, or to perform maintenance.

They don't actually use that truck for any kind of traffic enforcement.
    Not True. Going up 16th ave West bound from deer foot where they love to hide at the trailer park. Guy lifted up in the cherry picker working the laser and his boys below promptly flagged people over. I got hit, guy passing me got pulled over. Pretty clever.

Originally posted by ryder_23

Not True. Going up 16th ave West bound from deer foot where they love to hide at the trailer park. Guy lifted up in the cherry picker working the laser and his boys below promptly flagged people over. I got hit, guy passing me got pulled over. Pretty clever.
    Maybe a thread needs to be started where a list is kept of long time speed traps that the CPS set up in - I would have thought that most auto enthusiasts would've known about this 16th Avenue one but apparently not.

Any how, good idea for a new thread or not or will some people still just get caught at these age old known spots?

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Originally posted by speedog

Maybe a thread needs to be started where a list is kept of long time speed traps that the CPS set up in - I would have thought that most auto enthusiasts would've known about this 16th Avenue one but apparently not.

Any how, good idea for a new thread or not or will some people still just get caught at these age old known spots?
    I did know about it, just never seen them jacked up in the air tagging people. Hence why I didn't get a ticket.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

I avoid 16th as often as I possibly can but I'll keep this in mind the next time I'm along there.

I did know about it, just never seen them jacked up in the air tagging people. Hence why I didn't get a ticket.
    So the next question is why you would be speeding up the hill towards a known speed trap location that you've admitted to knowing about? Or were you not speeding?

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

So the next question is why you would be speeding up the hill towards a known speed trap location that you've admitted to knowing about? Or were you not speeding?
    i wasn't speeding...hit meaning Laser went off in my car, guy passing me speeding was the one who got pulled over. Hence how I knew since you couldn't see anything but a raised up cherry picker, thats where he was.

Sorry, worked 1700-0700 wording was probably poor.

No problem, tough luck for the person who did get pulled over when you were going through there but I don't feel sorry for them as that speed trap location has been used for so long that anyone regularly using that stretch of 16th avenue should be well aware of it.

Now that's not to say that someone might not regularly use that road and as a result, not be aware of said speed trap but those are the risks one takes if one is speeding, no? I don't have an issue with the CPS or the RCMP using tactics such as this to catch speeders but then again I don't make a habit of speeding in the city and even on the highway I don't speed by any great amount or at least by an amount that would warrant the attention of a police officer. To me if you're gonna play, then be prepared to pay and I'd rather keep my own hard earned monies in my pocket for things other than paying traffic violations.
    Will fuck off, again.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    dumpster trains

Ford focus?
    So more beyond armchair activism at work again?

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by MalibuStacy
    Ford focus?
    Dodge of some sort.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Looks like that grey Ram that's been mentioned before. Really sneaky.

My Ride
    dumpster trains

Sorry, the vehicle in behind looks smaller then a pick up
    So more beyond armchair activism at work again?

My Ride
    Ford

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
    Looks like that grey Ram that's been mentioned before. Really sneaky.
    definitly a silver/grey dodge ram. or a focus lol
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

looks like Dodge caliber or dakota (looks big enough to be a pickup compared to the minivan next to it in the pic)

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by FraserB
    Speed limits should be set to the engineered speeds of the roads. Then focus on driver education so people will actually drive the limit and start enforcing the laws on the books for holding up traffic.

If you set the speed limits that way, it would pretty much eliminate speeding. Which the CPS should want to do since they do all this enforcement in the name of safety and the public good.
    Let's explore this option. How would you implement this?

So we set the speeds to the "engineered" speed of the road. Say that's 150kph. Now how do you intend to educate the 3million or so drivers already out there? Classes? Where? How are you going to enforce them? Schedule them? Ensure that every single person holding a drivers license takes them. What are you going to do about tourists? What are you going to do about the large truck traffic? Or the camping crowd? Or how much will this cost? How long would it take? Would you live to see the results? How many people would die in the meanwhile, how many are acceptable?

I'm not being trying to be a dick here, but I see this type of thing posted all the time here on Beyond. "We should do XXX" as a general complaint, without any suggestion of how to actually implement it, or thought given as to what the consequences are.
    Last edited by codetrap; 11-20-2014 at 12:55 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

LOL!!!! where do you guys come up with this stuff???. That vehicle is not even used by CPS members. Its operated by the STEU unit which are Peace Officers (corps of commisionaires) which as someone has already stated is merely a maitenance vehicle. The only time a CPS member accompanys this truck is when the vehicle is parked in a bad spot...they literally just sit behind it with their lights on to protect it.

Once they have retrieved the required data, a series of tests are conducted. this information is then verified by a secondary device, usually a LASER.

These officers do not have any authority to stop a moving vehicle.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Photo radar ford escape on 42nd ave se facing west catching speeders parked in the parking lot of kal tire. Sneaky because they had all exterior lights off.

Yes Ram 1500, only tell-tales are the dual antenna's on the roof and mirror lights, black sticker if your coming from behind, he's got me twice now bugger He also has a nice new purple charger undercover he likes to rock sometimes. F150's of all colors it seems, look for the lights is all I can say, the installer is getting better at their job haha.

My Ride
    NB8C

Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
    Yes Ram 1500, only tell-tales are the dual antenna's on the roof and mirror lights, black sticker if your coming from behind, he's got me twice now bugger He also has a nice new purple charger undercover he likes to rock sometimes. F150's of all colors it seems, look for the lights is all I can say, the installer is getting better at their job haha.
    And most (all?) of the trucks seem to have a silver tool box as well.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast