Quantcast
2014-2015 NFL Thread - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 NFL Thread

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 05:03 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Grimace

lol
    Go Seahawks!

Pats take it. BB too smart w/ 2 weeks of preparation time along with the GOAT QB. Whether it be deflated balls or spygate, Bill is too smart and will find weaknesses with Seahawks and even during the game with on the fly changes he'll find a way to expose Seahawks. Even without "cheating" Pats have the QB, solid running, quality recievers and a healthy Gronkowski. Seattle better not play like they did against GB or Pats will embarrass them and not let go of the gas until time expires. 27-19 NE

Originally posted by eiysa101
    Pats take it. BB too smart w/ 2 weeks of preparation time along with the GOAT QB. Whether it be deflated balls or spygate, Bill is too smart and will find weaknesses with Seahawks and even during the game with on the fly changes he'll find a way to expose Seahawks. Even without "cheating" Pats have the QB, solid running, quality recievers and a healthy Gronkowski. Seattle better not play like they did against GB or Pats will embarrass them and not let go of the gas until time expires. 27-19 NE
    Considering the Pats havn't beat wilson and the seahawks since the hawks group came together (albeit only 1 game).

What you are missing is how great the Seahawks defense is. They are not terrible like Indy's.

I see lots of pressure on Brady making questionable throws for incompletes. Also the Seahawks have big physical DB's which negates Gronks advantage.

As long as the Seahawks play a full 60 minutes I see it being 27-17 Seahawks.

My Ride
    Silverado

I don't know of a ligitimate matchup for gronk. Definitely looking forward to this game though. Hopfully it is much better than last year's.

Looks like the Pats will have to use regulation footballs for the Superbowl. This may not be good for them.

Originally posted by lasimmon

Considering the Pats havn't beat wilson and the seahawks since the hawks group came together (albeit only 1 game).

What you are missing is how great the Seahawks defense is. They are not terrible like Indy's.

I see lots of pressure on Brady making questionable throws for incompletes. Also the Seahawks have big physical DB's which negates Gronks advantage.

As long as the Seahawks play a full 60 minutes I see it being 27-17 Seahawks.
    I dont see how a game from 2012 is relevant since NE doesnt have Welker, Hernandez or even use the same backfield as that game. Ridley and Bolden dont even carry the ball for them anymore.

I think you're missing how great Bill and Brady adapt to the situation at hand. Billichek wont be kicking field goals from the 1/2 yard line

Yeah Colts defense sucked and Pats showed that with a score of 45-7.

I agree Seahawks secondary is the best in the league and I expect lots of quick throws and slants. I dont see Brady throwing bombs anywhere in the area of Sherman.

I read that 2/3rds of the touchdown passes allowed by Seahawks were by a TE.

Shitty we gotta wait another week and some for the matchup though cant wait and im sure we can all agree and hope for some Katy Perry cleavage at halftime

Originally posted by eiysa101

I dont see how a game from 2012 is relevant since NE doesnt have Welker, Hernandez or even use the same backfield as that game. Ridley and Bolden dont even carry the ball for them anymore.

I think you're missing how great Bill and Brady adapt to the situation at hand. Billichek wont be kicking field goals from the 1/2 yard line

Yeah Colts defense sucked and Pats showed that with a score of 45-7.

I agree Seahawks secondary is the best in the league and I expect lots of quick throws and slants. I dont see Brady throwing bombs anywhere in the area of Sherman.

I read that 2/3rds of the touchdown passes allowed by Seahawks were by a TE.

Shitty we gotta wait another week and some for the matchup though cant wait and im sure we can all agree and hope for some Katy Perry cleavage at halftime
    I just feel you are pumping Brady and BB's tires way too much. When in reality over the last 2-3 years they have come up short against quality teams come playoff time.

No on feels Indy deserved to be in last weeks game, which is why they were destroyed by the Pats. But you look at the game the week before and they squeak out a victory against a team that is far less skilled than the Seahawks.

I just feel you are pumping Brady and BB's tires way too much.
    Dunno, I think he's coming up a couple PSI short.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Dunno, I think he's coming up a couple PSI short.
    Zing!

The Patriots are 37-11 and Seahawks are 38-11 since they played each other back in Oct 2012. Seahwaks have +1 from winning the Superbowl last year.
    Bah another week of waiting for this matchup.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Hahaha what the fuck?

Lynch gives 0 fucks ahaha

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

He gave exactly one fuck. I wouldn't want to get fired from that job either.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

What I don't get is why do the media keep going to him? He obviously isn't going to talk and they all blast him in the stories they write.. Yet they go and stand there waiting for him to talk.

What I don't get is why do the media keep going to him? He obviously isn't going to talk and they all blast him in the stories they write.. Yet they go and stand there waiting for him to talk.
    It's their job.

I obviously have no idea how media events go in sports, but if it's anything like car shows then there is rarely two things happening at once. Players, coaches, whoever will have a dedicated timeslot and all the media shows up to cover that specific person.

Media may be prohibited from talking to people outside of their allocated press conferences, or maybe those people are banned from talking to the media. If there are multiple things happening then it's likely those reporters were specifically assigned to cover Lynch's conference.

Regardless, there are plenty of potential reasons for it all to have played out the way it did.

Except you look at someone like the punter. There were 2-3 media guys there to cover him. Then you look at Lynch, fully knowing he isn't going to talk, and there are like 35 media people.

Then there are two alternatives:
    1. Media knew Lynch would be the story despite him not saying anything
    2. Media created a story out of Lynch not saying anything

Either way, they're doing their job. Sports coverage is not exempt from the media guideline of "It doesn't need to be accurate or interesting, it just needs to get people talking".

And here we are :P

Originally posted by Mibz
    Then there are two alternatives:
    1. Media knew Lynch would be the story despite him not saying anything
    2. Media created a story out of Lynch not saying anything

Either way, they're doing their job. Sports coverage is not exempt from the media guideline of "It doesn't need to be accurate or interesting, it just needs to get people talking".

And here we are :P
    You are correct

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast