Quantcast
Empire theatre gift cards useless now? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Empire theatre gift cards useless now?

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

Default Empire theatre gift cards useless now?

I have a $30 pack of empire theatre gift cards that I've had for 2 years now. I live in Lethbridge and we never had an empire theatre here before. Just cineplex. I meant to give them to somebody that lives in Calgary or Edmonton but just forgot about them altogether until I just saw them now while cleaning up around the house.

I saw that cineplex bought out landmark last year apparently. I've been trying to find out if these cards are useless or if I could use them at cineplex since they were bought out by them. I'm finding conflicting information about whether they are accepted or if there an expiry or time limit they could be used within.

So wondering if anyone knows for sure or if you've recently tried using them at a cineplex. Let me know! Thanks

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Why don't you call them and ask them?

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Call the 1-800 number and they give you a Sobeys gift card of equal value. U can then go to Sobeys and buy a new gift card with it. That's what I did.

My Ride
    Has four wheels

Default Re: Empire theatre gift cards useless now?

Originally posted by funkedelic2
    I saw that cineplex bought out landmark last year apparently. I've been trying to find out if these cards are useless or if I could use them at cineplex since they were bought out by them. I'm finding conflicting information about whether they are accepted or if there an expiry or time limit they could be used within.
    I don't mean to nitpick, but Cineplex didn't buy out Landmark, they're still competitors.

Empire/Sobeys sold off all the theatres, some to Cineplex, and some to Landmark.

I'm not sure about Cineplex, but a while back, Landmark used to accept Empire passes at the Empire locations they took over. But I'm pretty sure that deal expired a few months ago. I assume Cineplex had something similar, but if they did, it's probably expired now.

Try calling them and explain the situation. Maybe they'll do something for you.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

"As of June 1, 2014 our official transition contract with the former Empire Theatres group has finished and guests are now asked to contact Empire Company Limited, from whom the gift card was originally purchased, in order to have any remaining balance transferred to a Sobeys Inc. gift card.

In order to transfer the remaining balance on a former Empire Theatre gift card, please call 1-877-330-7333."

I'm in same boat, going to give them a call.

My Ride
    09 WRX

Went there with the GF a few weeks ago and they called the manager over but ended up accepting them.

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

I called the number on the back of the card and was told that cineplex would accept the empire cards