Quantcast
Calgary Wildlife Officers Shoot Cougar - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Wildlife Officers Shoot Cougar

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Default Calgary Wildlife Officers Shoot Cougar

If you don't want to see an animal get killed then don't watch this video...

I understand that the cougar likely needed to be destroyed. But what is with the horrible aim? And the animal was obviously alive after the first shot. I'm not sure if there is a protocol in place preventing them from simply "getting it done" ASAP. I'm not opposed to the destruction of the animal, I understand why, but it took far too long IMO. A well placed shot from a proper weapon should drop an animal instantly.

My Ride
    Z

do you need help cleaning up the blood from your heart?
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

What a bunch of fucking pussies in this video.

WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT WHY?!?! STOP SHOOTING IT!!

Shut the fuck up and let the men do their job, who gives a fuck if they killed a big cat that was outside a hospital. Could of tore your grandma with her walker to bits.

Also, how was the animal obviously alive? I've shot animals straight through the brain or heart and their nervous system is still firing minutes afterward.. It's common. The shotgun after the bullet to the brain was a bit much though, I'm sure after that squirm to the wall it would of been lights out.
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 09-18-2014 at 08:01 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Definately needs to work on his cougar slaying skills at the Met.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

They couldn't have tranquilized it and put it back in the wild? I don't think they needed to shoot it, but I am an animal lover. This is sad.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-06-2019 at 03:40 PM.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Originally posted by BavarianBeast
    What a bunch of fucking pussies in this video.

WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT WHY?!?! STOP SHOOTING IT!!

Shut the fuck up and let the men do their job, who gives a fuck if they killed a big cat that was outside a hospital. Could of tore your grandma with her walker to bits.

Also, how was the animal obviously alive? I've shot animals straight through the brain or heart and their nervous system is still firing minutes afterward.. It's common. The shotgun after the bullet to the brain was a bit much though, I'm sure after that squirm to the wall it would of been lights out.
    Yes the nervous system that doesn't seizure in one spot but after being shot twice makes a logical escape b-line for a clearing about 15 feet away before having to be shot. Again.

As for hitting the brain or heart, as per your experience, and having the animal still alive...you obviously missed. Your tale is about as likely as an LAPD cop fatally shooting a suspect 10 feet away only to have that suspects pesky nervous system make a b-line for a store and try to open the door. I could see a near miss not downing an animal within 100 yards but they were 10 feet away.

They missed. If you are going to do something do it right. It's not only bad for the animal but its bad PR.
    Last edited by frizzlefry; 09-18-2014 at 08:53 PM.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Originally posted by JustinMCS
    They couldn't have tranquilized it and put it back in the wild? I don't think they needed to shoot it, but I am an animal lover. This is sad.
    Probably not. Its unfortunate but I think it had to be put down. But they could have put it down without fucking up the kill six ways from Sunday.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 08:01 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Car

Originally posted by frizzlefry

Probably not. Its unfortunate but I think it had to be put down. But they could have put it down without fucking up the kill six ways from Sunday.
    Cougars are like any other cat - move it all you want, it'd be back

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Or if it ran into a disabled patient in a wheel chair who was out for some fresh air...
    No issue with it being destroyed. Had to happen. But my brother in law works on a cattle farm. My wife is studying to be a vet. Those animals bred for slaughter die instant and quick deaths.

This wild animal was put down in a horrible way. I don't disagree with the why. Had to be done, would likely return. Had no fear of people. But when I was 14 I dropped a deer with a .300 savage at 100 yards. Easy. Dropped like a sack of hammers. Didn't move. It was done. These guys were 10 feet away. Fucked up the kill. Stood there and watched it suffer. The cop shot his handgun, like that's going to work, and they watched some more. The whole time I watched that video I was all "just end it for fucks sake". It was a mess.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Odd how they show up with two shotguns and a pistol and they agree that the guy with the pistol should lead the way and take the first shot.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Here's the news and the story:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...ital-1.2770187

Apparently, further down the article, someone erected a cross where the cougar was killed.
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    Silverado

ya, they definitely could have handled the kill better. had to happen though.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Originally posted by Modelexis
    Odd how they show up with two shotguns and a pistol and they agree that the guy with the pistol should lead the way and take the first shot.
    The shotguns were loaded with rifled slugs. More than enough for a quick kill. Had it been buckshot, or any other typical shotgun round, it would have been a mess. That cougar would have been spread all over the garden. And still been alive.

Default Re: Calgary Wildlife Officers Shoot Cougar

If you don't want to see an animal get killed then don't watch this video...

I understand that the cougar likely needed to be destroyed. But what is with the horrible aim? And the animal was obviously alive after the first shot. I'm not sure if there is a protocol in place preventing them from simply "getting it done" ASAP. I'm not opposed to the destruction of the animal, I understand why, but it took far too long IMO. A well placed shot from a proper weapon should drop an animal instantly.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

I bet those dudes were super pumped when they hopped into their truck go to cooouuug hunting bro.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

The shotguns were loaded with rifled slugs. More than enough for a quick kill. Had it been buckshot, or any other typical shotgun round, it would have been a mess. That cougar would have been spread all over the garden. And still been alive.
    Your understanding of shotgun rounds is as good as your understanding of how animals die or how they should be killed. You clearly haven't had experience with any of these things.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast