Quantcast
Pet Peeves That Shouldn't Be Pet Peeves - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves That Shouldn't Be Pet Peeves

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

People that stop at a light then slowly creep up in increments, because I never move up I just sit there until it's green, but people behind me don't like seeing that gap get larger...

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

I have faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar to many pet peeves.. To the point where I've just been called old and cantankerous when I'm not.

But when I'm at home... No toilet paper in the bathroom when I need toilet paper... Refill that shit!

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
    People that stop at a light then slowly creep up in increments, because I never move up I just sit there until it's green, but people behind me don't like seeing that gap get larger...
    It`s hilarious when they wait for you to stop and then slowly creep up another two car lengths. Y u leave so much space..I don`t like wearing the shit out of my clutch so I usually wait it out. Leave some space sure, but 1-2 car lengths is excessive.

My Ride
    G37X

I don`t think this shouldn`t be a pet peeve, but some may argue. REFLECTIVE MUDFLAPS.

Better than no mudflaps, maybe. Annoying as hell when your behind one of these dolts at night - yup.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    550i, X5

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
    I don`t think this shouldn`t be a pet peeve, but some may argue. REFLECTIVE MUDFLAPS.

Better than no mudflaps, maybe. Annoying as hell when your behind one of these dolts at night - yup.
    They should be illegal. Absolutely brutal on a sunny day too

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I love this. There is a busy rail crossing that they switch rail cars at nearby my place that crosses over a very busy 2 lane highway. Traffic gets backed up for miles. There is a large sweeping left corner just prior to the tracks. If I'm in the right spot, I can see all the traffic that is stopped just prior to the rail crossing. There is always the odd person that creeps ahead and the following driver just sits there... the gap gets bigger and bigger. I wait for the right moment, throw my bike in gear and take advantage of the extra spot that just opened up.

I'm an asshole. Go from the back of the pack to the very front. Good thing too. When the train clears the road, the intersection about a mile up the road turns into complete mayhem with all that traffic hitting it at the same time.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

when someone goes into the cupboard in the kitchen and doesn't completely shut the door.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

I hate waiting in line behind some one at a store (Tim Hortons, Safeway etc.) And you are in line for like 3-10 minutes and once they get to the front they either A) Don't know what they want or B) Don't have their payment ready.

Like what the hell have you been doing for the last while. Fuck sakes.

Last edited by Amysicle; 12-06-2019 at 10:44 PM.

When I park in the middle of no where and out of all the 100s of open spots, some one parks right next to me.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

-friends who tell a joke and then follow up with "just kidding" to make sure my feelings don't hurt

-friends whose feelings hurt because I told a joke and didn't follow up with "just kidding". Seriously, is your joke/sarcasm detector broken? I'll buy you a new one.

-when people close to me thank me, especially those who thank 10 times for the same deed. I quiver. I just think this is implied because we're so close. At the same time, just because I don't thank you for shit doesn't mean I'm an ungrateful bastard. Is this one weird?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by lasimmon
    I hate waiting in line behind some one at a store (Tim Hortons, Safeway etc.) And you are in line for like 3-10 minutes and once they get to the front they either A) Don't know what they want or B) Don't have their payment ready.

And then when they finally pay they're counting $10 in nickels and dimes.

Exact reason why I think automatic transmissions should be banned
    Last edited by jwslam; 10-08-2014 at 07:59 PM.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by lasimmon

I counted 6 minutes of some dumbass standing at the till humming and hawing at tim hortons sunday night, before I pushed them out of the way and told them to go decide elsewhere.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

KFC's menu that doesnt list 1/2 the items they actually have, and trying to figure out if they still have something specific is next to impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Originally posted by schocker
    - Drivers stopping 10000 ft back and slowly creeping up until the light turns green instead of just stopping at a reasonable distance
    - Drivers who stop a city bus length back, especially in rush hour
    Those things actually help the flow of traffic by the way. Also stopping far back from the car in front of you reduces your risk when you get rear ended (by someone who is 3 inches from their bumper) of rear ending the car in front of you.
    Honestly if everybody left more room between them and the next car rush hour would be a breeze. It's the cock suckers leaving half a car length at merge points, if everybody left 2 car length minimum, including people merging in, then nobody would have to brake to open up room to let someone in. I drive all day in the city and if you watch a merge lane 10 cars come almost bumper to bumper and try to merge in.......where does 400 feet of room come from to let them all in? Well someone has to slow down then everybody behind them will as well, if there was room between every car it would slip in nicely and not cause any backups.
    Last edited by theken; 10-08-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Last edited by Amysicle; 12-06-2019 at 10:43 PM.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by jwslam
    Exact reason why I think automatic transmissions should be banned

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Originally posted by Amysicle
    I'll try to remember that when I miss my left turn advance because 3 cars in the space of 6 cars were trying to "help with the flow of traffic".
    explain.... the time of the light wouldn't change those same 6 cars would get through. Basic logics would be leave room so you don't have to brake all the time. I sat 3 car lengths back in bumper to bumper deerfoot traffic this am. The car in front of me brakes 23 times to my 1 between 24th St and Anderson, I let of the throttle slightly every time he braked but never braked and only had to stop once. The cars behind me all would never have to stop. Makes sense to me guess you guys are to concerned about rushing to be everywhere and entitled to the space. Enjoy the frustration though, my drives are easy

I only partly agree. If there ends up being more than a couple car lengths then I move up, especially downtown where I could be holding up other cars.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by theken
    Those things actually help the flow of traffic by the way. Also stopping far back from the car in front of you reduces your risk when you get rear ended (by someone who is 3 inches from their bumper) of rear ending the car in front of you.
    Honestly if everybody left more room between them and the next car rush hour would be a breeze. It's the cock suckers leaving half a car length at merge points, if everybody left 2 car length minimum, including people merging in, then nobody would have to brake to open up room to let someone in. I drive all day in the city and if you watch a merge lane 10 cars come almost bumper to bumper and try to merge in.......where does 400 feet of room come from to let them all in? Well someone has to slow down then everybody behind them will as well, if there was room between every car it would slip in nicely and not cause any backups.
    You are assuming that the people who are leaving the space though are beginning to roll when they see the car ahead of the car infront starting to move, but the average driver who does this does not begin moving until the car in front of them has started to accelerate. I still do the 2s rule when moving which leaves enough room for people merging at a matched speed (which not many people do either) and stop far enough back that I wouldn't rear end anyone (fiat 500 length). If everyone was aware of the gap thing and accelerating properly, then yes your way would work but drivers are too stupid here.

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast