Quantcast
CT4WD Shut Down!? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: CT4WD Shut Down!?

My Ride
    4Runner

Originally posted by spikerS

But who the hell are these people to ask to see "the books"?
    That would be Tarzan. Still going on about it like a broken record too.

Here you go Harry, it was laid out for you in the final thread:

The Drama of CT4WD
    When you do something different there will always be some sort of drama as it’s not the norm. Mostly because it’s not understood fully. I would say I’m not normal and I have never done normal. Therefore the Association wasn’t run like a normal one. This can be seen by the events, courses, trail runs abroad, the photographs and the videos. Make it awesome.. simple. Because it’s not the norm this is where there’s a lot of room for mis-interpretation. Why is it a business, it should be free, let’s see your financials, inner-circle, why don’t you camp in this location, why are the runs cancelled etc.

Yes it’s a business.. no it doesn’t make money and no my pockets are not getting lined. I put a total of $15k into the Association, $14k is what will be going back to me. I wasn’t paid anything. Only the instructor was paid for the day… this didn’t include me. Pockets were getting emptied more than anything else.

It if’s free… no one would take it seriously and therefore there’s no value and a hard earned dollar means more than monopoly money. Try playing monopoly with your own real money and real property see what your decision are like at the end of the day versus the board game. This is the same principal with the training. A person is more apt to pay attention when their money is on the line vs. free. Plus if you learned something at the end of the day that is going to save your 4WD or your life… it’s a small price to pay.

The financials will show a loss… It all went into events, raffles, training, materials, web hosting, URLS, trail projects… Still haven’t paid back the loan from me. The money that was loaned for people to complain about having a great time in the backcountry learning more about 4WD’ing, seeing incredible places, experience events, win raffles, listen to music, eat food, save huge at the dealership, share builds and meet friends…. those are the financials you’d like to look at… a large loan.
    Here you go Harry, just for old times' sake...

Originally posted by Tarzan
    I enjoyed many years with CT4WD, met many friends and have great memories from all the various activities. We all knew that as this was Nathan's Association at any time if he decided to shut it down there was nothing anyone could do about it. I had mentioned that what if one day Nathan no longer wanted to run the Association there was no mechanism for it to carry on. Nathan did an amazing job with his Association and it's members all benefited from it. Nathan told me he did not want a traditional club as he did not want the politics that came with it ie people running for President and stuff. The politics of a club can be a pain but it also allows a group to grow, change or for lack of a better word live (and yes die). Nathan had always kept absolute control of his product known as CT4WD, I seriously doubt he would now hand over what he had built. I have been part of many clubs and Nathan's Association was one of the better and most interesting ones I can recall. The saddest part of all of this is despite CT4WD being owned by Nathan it belonged to all of us and with no notice or chance to save it it's been terminated.

Originally posted by Tarzan
    The "books" or financials were private and only Nathan had the authority to release them which could be why people didn't realize how much the forum costs.

You know how I commented earlier that there were some asshole keyboard cowboys from CT4WD, you may not have been one of them (kind of) Tarzan. But you certainly contributed to the unnecessary drama at CT4WD. I took the course with you, you're such a cool dude IN PERSON. On the forums, you become this self righteous.. passive aggressive asshole/troll. Nathan doesn't need to show shit to anybody. I barely frequent the forums and the monthly runs. I've been on maybe 3-4 runs in the past 4 years. But as a "part-time" wheeler, I can tell that Nathan spends most of his time responding to stupid posts about how he runs his association. Many of the posts he responds to was yours actually.

If you think you know how to start, run and maintain a car/truck club. By all means, start one, I am interested to watch how it goes. If it works out.. good on you. But at the end of the day, you need to shut the fuck up about how other people run their business and how you should have been a given a heads up on the association closing. He doesn't owe you anything except a swift kick in the face.

You go on and on about how much experience you have wheeling, who am I to tell you what to do and how to wheel. Same shit, just my 0.02.

It's beyond.. you will need this Harry

Last edited by interlude; 10-24-2014 at 09:27 AM.

My Ride
    4Runner

Originally posted by interlude

It's beyond.. you will need this Harry

Wait, you mean I don't have to hold back like I did on CT?

I think your post pretty much nailed it.

Originally posted by BurningChrome

Wait, you mean I don't have to hold back like I did on CT?

I think your post pretty much nailed it.
    hahaha.. nope.. I give props to all of you who kept your cool and didn't lose it on the forums. I know I would have.

Especially the dude who went on about being 6'4" and 300lbs and how nobody would say it to his face to a girl on the forum... get fucked buddy

Edit: Need to correct myself. Here was his post (part of his post) He didn't say 6'4" 300lbs.. but that was my perception about him when he posted his match.com profile

Originally posted by redsonja

I'm not a Sherrif not do I pretend to be one. If you approach people in a respectful way typically you can have a civil conversation. When you approach someone all high and mighty like a number of ppl's attitudes are around here than ya conflict will happen. That's when my physical presence allows someone like myself a bit more leeway because most ppl will think twice about lipping me off.
    Last edited by interlude; 10-24-2014 at 10:51 AM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-07-2019 at 01:25 PM.

My Ride
    2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD / 2010 Mistubishi Ralliart

I was truly saddened when Nathan did shutdown, I did go quiet about a year, year and a half ago, as I took the Edmonton core and started our own thing

It really came down to a CYA policy for us, and properly insured ourselves incase something were to happen, In the north most of belong to multiple clubs and pay memberships to many of them, like NA4WDa. We did start our own forum which memberships pay for etc.... Im not here to harp, I caused my own set of drama, but man the site went downhill and strongly advised my core group to stay out it

Yup we have one who may have been at the heart of it, but I think it was big mis understanding at the end.

Cheers from teaoa.ca

My Ride
    WRX & GTR

Originally posted by interlude

hahaha.. nope.. I give props to all of you who kept your cool and didn't lose it on the forums. I know I would have.

Especially the dude who went on about being 6'4" and 300lbs and how nobody would say it to his face to a girl on the forum... get fucked buddy

Edit: Need to correct myself. Here was his post (part of his post) He didn't say 6'4" 300lbs.. but that was my perception about him when he posted his match.com profile

Ahhh yes...he was talking to me. That was stupid. And another story.

This thread is fun!!!!!!..!.!!!!!!..!.!.!.!!!!!
    lol hondas

Originally posted by Rapier46

Ahhh yes...he was talking to me. That was stupid. And another story.

This thread is fun!!!!!!..!.!!!!!!..!.!.!.!!!!!
    I thought he was talking to Dragonlady when they went back and forth.

I'm also surprised that Tarzan didn't respond yet.. he always has something to say.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-07-2019 at 01:25 PM.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Did CT4WD do a toy drive at Christmas every year?

Just wondering if we should be trying to set something up here to fill in the gap
    Whether to fill the gap or not why doesn't Beyond just do something like this regardless?

My Ride
    4Runner

Did CT4WD do a toy drive at Christmas every year?

Just wondering if we should be trying to set something up here to fill in the gap
    The toy drive was originally organized by Four Wheel Stampeders, but they announced they'd be halting everything last year so CT4WD picked it up. We had always participated prior to that though. If you're thinking of putting something together the charities we donated to in the past were the Mustard Seed, Children's Hospital, and last year was the High River Toy Mountain. I'm sure there are plenty more out there too.

My Ride
    FJC, S30

I'm a member on there, didn't know till I saw this thread. The guys there were nice, even with my ricer-mode FJ.

How we runs his business is exactly it... His business, not anyone else's.
    Submaker.Illest.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-07-2019 at 01:26 PM.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

I read that the Jeep club is pulling out of the Toy Drive for the Childrens Hospital this year and instead looking at donating toys to a womens shelter
    Yeah it sounds like CJA was told that the Toy Drive usually ends up with way more toys than they can use so they figure they'll redirect their charity efforts. Current suggestions are the women's shelter or the Veteran's Food Bank.

My Ride
    4Runner

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Yeah it sounds like CJA was told that the Toy Drive usually ends up with way more toys than they can use so they figure they'll redirect their charity efforts. Current suggestions are the women's shelter or the Veteran's Food Bank.
    Another idea is warm clothing donations to Project Warmth. I did a drive for that just before CT4WD shut down (in fact I collected the donations at the Peter's night where the announcement was made) and it was really easy. You can drop the donations off at any fire hall in the city and they take clothing for men, women, and kids.

http://www.projectwarmth.com/

One of the best of road.organizations I've ever seen. But full of whiny little bitchs. No wonder buddy shut it down.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4