Quantcast
MARTHA STEWART goes to jail - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MARTHA STEWART goes to jail

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Default MARTHA STEWART goes to jail

guilty on all 4 counts...maxium 20 years...they figure she will do 3-4 years in prison

personally i think its kinda harsh..i mean shes a friggin saint...well as close as it gets..whos next oprah

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    pedals

shit, $228,000 dollars. That is less than 0.001% of the money stolen by CEO's of other companies, and they stole the money, all that martha did was not loose the 200 large by selling before the stock crashed. WTF is wrong with the legal system when this kind of blatent selective prosecution takes place.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

see i think sure...shes quilty...but come on....to put her in prison is sooo unfair......prison should be for violant messed up people.....not martha stewart...i mean make her pay a 10 million dollar fine....

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I wonder what prison she'll go to, she'll have that place weaving baskets and setting tables in 6 weeks.
    Travel

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by hjr
    shit, $228,000 dollars. That is less than 0.001% of the money stolen by CEO's of other companies, and they stole the money, all that martha did was not loose the 200 large by selling before the stock crashed. WTF is wrong with the legal system when this kind of blatent selective prosecution takes place.
    Actually, it was $51,000 lol.

They're making an example out of her. The prosecutor says "all the small investors that lost money in the market because of criminals like this will now feel better".

The blatant selective prosecution is for media purposes, make an example out of Martha, scare every other rich person out there to show that they will prosecute anyone.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Good. I'm glad shes guilty. Finally a famous person has to pay for her crimes. BTW shes going to appeal and that bitch won't be in jail for another couple years
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    1989 MA70, 2006 UZN215

Originally posted by Ben
    I wonder what prison she'll go to, she'll have that place weaving baskets and setting tables in 6 weeks.
    She can decorate her jail cell :tongue:

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by ~$eanith~
    Good. I'm glad shes guilty. Finally a famous person has to pay for her crimes. BTW shes going to appeal and that bitch won't be in jail for another couple years
    I thought the appeal process happens after you're sent to prison?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by rage2

I thought the appeal process happens after you're sent to prison?
    I think it may depend on the case? I heard that sentencing isn't until June so maybe the wheels of justice will move a bit faster since she's a celeb and her appeal will be underway then? If she is in Jail while it's being appealed, that amount of time should be knocked off the amount of time she receives on the appeal sentencing (if it should change).

The American system is not one of my strong points haha.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

oh wow she might become someone's bitch now...

If I got word that a stock I held was going to tank, you bet I'll sell and take my chances.

Originally posted by hjr
    nothing wrong with the legal system... although it may be UNFAIR... it is still justice being done.
    she did insider trading and that places everyone else at a disadvantage...
    you do the crime, you pay the time

My Ride
    99 EK9 Hatch

I hope she does her show from jail , insider trading happens everyday, they're just using Martha as an example of why not to do it. IMO the system isn't hard enough on offenders, buddy at my schools dad got busted for insider trading, went to jail for 6 months, walked away with 6 million dollars??? .

Photograph courtesy of the Calgary Police Service

She won't go to jail, even though the greedy bitch deserves to. By selling her stock she saved herself about $50,000. What the fuck is $50,000 when you have that much money?

My Ride
    pedals

Originally posted by thich
    you do the crime, you pay the time
    thats my point, many CEO's commited far far far worse crimes and are currently living it up in the caribbean. How is that doing the time?

My Ride
    1999 Honda Civic SiR

Default Martha

She didn't actually get charged with insider trading. She did in fact break the law and was convicted on charges of conspiracy, obstruction of justice and two counts of making false statements to federal investigators.

She did this all after the fact to cover up. If she had told the truth in the first place she could have totally avoided this stuff.

She had it comin', and I don't feel sorry for her.

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

i don't think she should go to jail at all! i think the whole system is pathetic, the fact that some men can get away with murder in the united states and not even to talk about the canadian system which is a joke! sooooo many CEO's are involved in insider trading! american system is pathetic, i don't believe she is a harsh criminal or anything along those lines, im not trying to be all bitchy or anything, but she has done a fucking ton of good for the society in the united states and now she's going to get fucked by some fat chick in jail named TONI!

fucking stupid

Where are all these compasionate comments for those men and women who have been falsely convicted? Totally different situation I know; but if the evidence stack up, I say book the bitch.

The only reason that everyone is having a hard time swallowing the fact that Martha is going to be spending times behind bars instead of making them; is that she is a celebrity that is perpetrated as an ideal perfect humain american women. The apitomy of everything middle aged women aspire to be.

Although The only grief I have with this situation, is that after Martha Stewart is convited and has gone through the judicial system, that she will get off all charges on a loophole, and subsequently all other law breakers (high profiles) will beable to follow through with similar actions.

I really dont think that they would send poor old Martha to share a cell with a fat horny chick named "toni", on the contrary if anything; if she has to spend any time in jail, it will be spent in a private furnished holding cell, with 3 hot meals a day.

Bring it on if you think you can hate, and if not let me do my thing.

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Can you say " Decorative Licence Plates ??"
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

Originally posted by fast95pony
    Can you say " Decorative Licence Plates ??"
    HA HA HA HA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast