Quantcast
70 plus LED/ Plasma screen for a dark theatre room - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: 70 plus LED/ Plasma screen for a dark theatre room

My Ride
    Ford

i wouldnt get a curved screen wither. they look retarded on a wall as stated above. and wall mount is the cleanest looking.
    curved is the new 3d. fad for a few years then start to disappear.

i got sharp 70" led a few years ago on boxing day for 1799
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

Originally posted by flipstah

Doesn't curvature cut off angle viewing because it's concentrated towards the center?
    Yes and no. LCD's generally lose contrast when viewed off-angle, but if the TV is curved, more of the TV is still pointed at you with off-axis viewing. That being said, it also screws up viewing angles a bit because as you start to get too far off axis, the nearside curve starts to look weird. It's also supposed to create more of an "immersive" experience, with the sides of the TV closing in on you, providing the illusion of a larger TV, however IMO it does the exact opposite unless it is absolutely enormous and you are sitting super close to it, which most people aren't. Especially with the smaller curved TV's, it just really doesn't make much sense other than for marketing IMHO.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 09:26 PM.

My Ride
    W204

Hmm what about curved computer monitors hahaha. That might be interesting especially for gaming.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by flipstah
    Doesn't curvature cut off angle viewing because it's concentrated towards the center?

<<attachment>>
    Somebody never learned about concave mirrors in Physics 20.
    Your theory of spreading is only true if you're sitting further than the focal point.

My Ride
    14 fit, 11 Ridgeline, 12 outlander

Bump

Just wondering what the experts opinions are on the Epson series 2030 3020 and 5030 is there a massive upgrade in picture quality with each step? Also anywhere in town i can see both a dlp and lcd setup already to make my final decision
    Originally posted by Unknown303
    Everything makes me upset.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    Nonsense. You've all got slanty eyes, play Starcraft, speak Chinese and eat nothing but sushi and ginger beef.

DON'T TRY AND CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE

Originally posted by drtoohotty1
    Bump

Just wondering what the experts opinions are on the Epson series 2030 3020 and 5030 is there a massive upgrade in picture quality with each step? Also anywhere in town i can see both a dlp and lcd setup already to make my final decision
    Bigger jump to the 5030 than from the 2030 to 3020. The 5030 is an absolute light cannon, and has some of the best 3D viewing available if you're into that. It's a lot brighter than pretty much any TV at regular sizes, and still brighter than most TV's at 100 inches. I would get the 3020 or 5030 if going Epson.

I also think that if you haven't spent much time with projectors before, they are all going to be extremely impressive to you. If you are shopping the 5030, also have a look at the Sony VPL-50WES and JVC DLA-X35. Also look at the BenQ 1070/1250 - refurbs can be had for as little as $550 and the picture blows most people away for the price. The point of diminishing return on projectors these days is extremely low. It's around $600-$800 and then again around $2500-$3500. Beyond that, the sky is the limit and the differences are marginal.

I don't know what your room is like, but DLP placement flexibility is generally a lot less. Also make sure you aren't sensitive to the colorwheel effect if you go DLP.

Epson's warranty service (and even after warranty) is second to none, which is nice to have.

K&W Audio might be able to show you DLP vs LCD. BASE Electronics can probably get you the best deal on an Epson (cost + 10%).

For screens, look at Carada (USA company, made to order), or GrandView (Canadian company). Don't waste your money on $2500 screens like Stewart (great screens, just overpriced).
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 02-25-2015 at 10:36 AM.

My Ride
    2013 C63 AMG , 2022 Acura RDX A Spec, 2005 BMW M3

Hey guys im building a new house and will be having a projector in the basement

room is 12.5Ft W and 14Ft L

i already got my plug in the room placed 10ft from the wall ,

thinking of going with 100 or 106

can you suggest me a projector room will have no windows

hooking up everything throw my amp

WD LIVE
    APPLE TV
    SHAW HD Box
    PS3
    Xbox
    2022 Acura RDX A Spec
    2013 C63 AMG Sedan
    2006 Nissan X-Trial
    2005 Bmw M3 vert
    2008 Ducati 848
    1977 Ford F150

Originally posted by navdeep
    Hey guys im building a new house and will be having a projector in the basement

room is 12.5Ft W and 14Ft L

i already got my plug in the room placed 10ft from the wall ,

thinking of going with 100 or 106

can you suggest me a projector room will have no windows

hooking up everything throw my amp

WD LIVE
    APPLE TV
    SHAW HD Box
    PS3
    Xbox
    Budget?

Doesn't matter what you have hooked up to your amp...

100"+ @ 10ft might be pushing it a little bit, but it's possible. For example the Epson 5030 (a very flexible projector) will do 100" at 9.9 feet from the front of the lens completely maxed out with zero room for error, unless you have flexibility to move it back a little bit. The Epson 3020 needs 9.8ft to do the same 100". The BenQ 1070 will actually do 100" @ 8.4 ft and 106" @ 8'10". Most projectors can barely do 100" at 10ft, 11-12ft would be better if you can move it back a bit unless you are OK with zero room for error.

My Ride

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Budget?

Doesn't matter what you have hooked up to your amp...

100&quot;+ @ 10ft might be pushing it a little bit, but it's possible. For example the Epson 5030 (a very flexible projector) will do 100&quot; at 9.9 feet from the front of the lens completely maxed out with zero room for error, unless you have flexibility to move it back a little bit. The Epson 3020 needs 9.8ft to do the same 100&quot;. The BenQ 1070 will actually do 100&quot; @ 8.4 ft and 106&quot; @ 8'10&quot;. Most projectors can barely do 100&quot; at 10ft, 11-12ft would be better if you can move it back a bit unless you are OK with zero room for error.
    i can get it moved back no problem as they just started building the house 11ft should be fine?

Budget want to keep it around $1200 for project and fixed screen i dont care about 3D so it doesn't need to have it
    2022 Acura RDX A Spec
    2013 C63 AMG Sedan
    2006 Nissan X-Trial
    2005 Bmw M3 vert
    2008 Ducati 848
    1977 Ford F150

i can get it moved back no problem as they just started building the house 11ft should be fine?

Budget want to keep it around $1200 for project and fixed screen i dont care about 3D so it doesn't need to have it
    If I were you with that budget (About $1200 for projector + screen) I would buy this:

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX49855

And this screen (or whatever size you settle on):

http://www.carada.com/ProductInfo.as...N-SCREEN-H100P

I can't think of a higher bang for the buck combination than that. I set up that exact combo except on a 110" screen a couple months ago and the picture is incredible for the money.

Also, that projector should work with your original throw distances and screen size requirements - just triple check all the math before you make any important decisions. The projector is also very small, which may help with installation and placement.

My Ride
    14 fit, 11 Ridgeline, 12 outlander

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Bigger jump to the 5030 than from the 2030 to 3020. The 5030 is an absolute light cannon, and has some of the best 3D viewing available if you're into that. It's a lot brighter than pretty much any TV at regular sizes, and still brighter than most TV's at 100 inches. I would get the 3020 or 5030 if going Epson.

I also think that if you haven't spent much time with projectors before, they are all going to be extremely impressive to you. If you are shopping the 5030, also have a look at the Sony VPL-50WES and JVC DLA-X35. Also look at the BenQ 1070/1250 - refurbs can be had for as little as $550 and the picture blows most people away for the price. The point of diminishing return on projectors these days is extremely low. It's around $600-$800 and then again around $2500-$3500. Beyond that, the sky is the limit and the differences are marginal.

I don't know what your room is like, but DLP placement flexibility is generally a lot less. Also make sure you aren't sensitive to the colorwheel effect if you go DLP.

Epson's warranty service (and even after warranty) is second to none, which is nice to have.

K&amp;W Audio might be able to show you DLP vs LCD. BASE Electronics can probably get you the best deal on an Epson (cost + 10%).

For screens, look at Carada (USA company, made to order), or GrandView (Canadian company). Don't waste your money on $2500 screens like Stewart (great screens, just overpriced).
    Thanks Mitsu ive got everything figured out except the projector and i am leaning towards the 3020 because of input lag and the the wife is rainbow sensitive so dlp is out who do i have to name drop to get that good deal at K&W?
    Originally posted by Unknown303
    Everything makes me upset.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    Nonsense. You've all got slanty eyes, play Starcraft, speak Chinese and eat nothing but sushi and ginger beef.

DON'T TRY AND CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE

Originally posted by drtoohotty1

Thanks Mitsu ive got everything figured out except the projector and i am leaning towards the 3020 because of input lag and the the wife is rainbow sensitive so dlp is out who do i have to name drop to get that good deal at K&amp;W?
    K&W doesn't like giving great deals in my experience haha. They are great guys who have helped me out in the past with repair work, but the best price they are not (at least on the things I was looking at). Certainly get a quote from them though if they deal with Epson, nothing to lose.

I'm guessing BASE Electronics can give you the best deal on an Epson, I think those are even the only projectors they stock. I am not affiliated with them in any way but I have given them my business simply because they do cost + 10% on pretty much anything and extremely helpful. They are also technically a custom install shop, so I believe the Epson warranties they get are even better than the standard warranty. No name dropping necessary, just call up BASE, a gentlemen named John will most likely answer, and ask them for their best price on whatever Epson you're looking at. Unless something recently changed, you should get quoted cost + 10%. I bought my Epson 6500UB from them about 5 years ago now and their price was easily the best at the time.

My Ride

is there a big difference between DLP and LED for the normal person hooking up hd cable box to there projector
    2022 Acura RDX A Spec
    2013 C63 AMG Sedan
    2006 Nissan X-Trial
    2005 Bmw M3 vert
    2008 Ducati 848
    1977 Ford F150

is there a big difference between DLP and LED for the normal person hooking up hd cable box to there projector
    Absolutely zero difference. That is the technology the projector uses (i.e. in TV's it would be like talking LCD vs Plasma), and has nothing whatsoever to do with the hook up. You should also be running the cable box through the receiver first, and not directly to the projector. There should only 2 cables going to your projector, power and video out from your receiver.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4