Quantcast
RFID fob system supplier and installer - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: RFID fob system supplier and installer

My Ride
    Silverado

Default RFID fob system supplier and installer

Hey, So my townhouse complex is overrun with disgusting people who love to throw and spill garbage everywhere. The room is equipped with cameras but it is impossible to determine where they live so we can fine them. I want to add an RFID verification to the door so we can pinpoint where they live and make them pay to clean it.

Does anyone know where I can find someone to supply and install said system?

Is it just the garbage enclosure you plan to use the rfid verification on? If so its a great idea but you'll run into problems if it's used on multiple doors. For example my one condo uses fob swipes to get anywhere and everywhere in the building but to track one specific swipe of a fob is a pain for those of us on the board. The fobs can record multiple swipes from different locations making the data hard to sift through. Also our software is a pain to use and not very user friendly.

When a fob needs reprogramming or needs access granted to new areas we ask people to swab their fob 5 times and give us a time just to help us track down the fob #.

When installing ask for a demo on the software and make sure you don't need a yearly licence to use it. Lots of the software is clunky or expensice. You'll also have to decide if you want remote access to the fob data which requires setting up a computer and Internet access somewhere close to the room your protecting with the rfid.

My Ride
    Silverado

Thanks for the advice. Each townhouse has outdoor access so the only common door is the garbage room so that would be the only location. There is also a computer in close proximity to the room currently used for the camera system so the remote monitoring can be done through there.