Quantcast
Ticket - Unsafe Left turn - Dashcam clip - Opinions? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ticket - Unsafe Left turn - Dashcam clip - Opinions?

Default Ticket - Unsafe Left turn - Dashcam clip - Opinions?

So I got an interesting ticket today, for an unsafe left turn. I honestly felt I had plenty of space and the roads conditions were good. Opposing traffic was around 50km/h... Just wanted to get some other opinions if it is worth attending the court date since I have my dashcam clip.

Video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YJZsguZbeY

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

IMO it looks like you have plenty of space - I would definitely bring this up at the court date.
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Looks fine to me. Based on your thread title, I was expecting you to gun it before the bunch of cars before your actual turn but it looks like a pretty normal turn with lots of space. Bring the video with you to the Crown Prosecutor. It might not even go to court if you show it.

Out of curiosity, did you tell the officer you had a dash cam?

Thats bs.. bring the video to court !

My Ride
    NC1

Lol weak. Oh man some officers I don't get it
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

What turn on to Richmond Road is he talking about? Are you sure you didn't get a ticket for that turn and not this one?
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Originally posted by phil98z24
    What turn on to Richmond Road is he talking about? Are you sure you didn't get a ticket for that turn and not this one?
    I was wondering this as well but if that was the case, why didn't he get pulled over earlier?

Good catch phil87z24, last 10 seconds of the clip - does sound like the ticket is for a turn that the OP hasn't posted video of.

As far as not being pulled over earlier, if we were to assume the unsafe turn was at Richmond Road and 37th Street SW then I don't think it's unrealistic for the officer to be pulling over the OP where he did because the shopping plaza entrance the OP pulled into is only about 200-210 meters from this intersection.

Never the less, I think there's more to the story here.
    Last edited by speedog; 01-10-2015 at 08:04 AM.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Can you post the Richmond Road turn. I agree with Phil, it sounds like he gave you a ticket for a different turn than the one in the video.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Originally posted by speedog
    Good catch phil87z24, last 10 seconds of the clip - does sound like the ticket is for a turn that the OP hasn't posted video of.

As far as not being pulled over earlier, if we were to assume the unsafe turn was at Richmond Road and 37th Street SW then I don't think it's unrealistic for the officer to be pulling over the OP where he did because the shopping plaza entrance the OP pulled into is only about 200-210 meters from this intersection.

I would agree with that. My thought was if it was a turn closer to crowchild but it's all speculation until we see the rest of the video.

The left turn you see at the start is the turn the officers referring to. I was on Richmond road and was making a left turn into the plaza that has glamorgan bakery and Safeway. Lol I'm not trying to trick anyone with my video clip.

Originally posted by speedog

Earlier I made a right turn onto Richmond Rd from 37st south. As I said before I'm not trying to trick anyone, the ticket is for the left turn in the video and the ticket clearly states this.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-12-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Wow, that is weak

Based on what? Just string him up in the town square why don't you
    I will include the 10 seconds before the clip to clear any confusion when I bring the evidence to court. I think I have my answer after posting on here and RFD. Thanks for the feedback guys.

My Ride
    Grimace

Yeah that is dumb. Since it is for an unsafe left turn and you made a right prior the video makes sense. It doesn't look like the oncoming traffic had to slow down as you made a quick turn which is what you are supposed to do to clear the intersection otherwise you can wait forever like the average driver

Bear in mind that you have one perspective and from his view, the car in the #1 lane may have had to slow down or was much closer than you thought it was. Remember, making an unsafe left turn is about completing the entire turn in safety, and if you slowing down to enter the plaza, stop for a pedestrian, etc, means other traffic had to slow down to avoid colliding with you, it may be an offence.

Again, it's a matter of perspective and I wouldn't be so quick to pile on this copper for it. I've had stops where, from my position, it appears there was an offence and it turns out it was possibly a matter of perspective. I elect not to lay the charge in those matters, but others may not.

Just offering my two cents.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    FT86

It's difficult to tell as the video is deceiving. Dash cams have a wide angle lens so the oncoming traffic was probably closer than it looks in the video. If they had to brake for you then it would be considered an unsafe turn.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Go to court fight it and hope the cop doesn't have footage showing the oncoming cars requiring the slam on the brakes to yield to you turning infront of them.. because this can go either way and it's all a matter of perspective as previously mentioned. Dashcams make things appear farther than they actually are! Gooodluck!

Wow kind of scary...if I see a cop behind me from now on in this situation I will definitely wait even longer till it is totally clear...

My Ride
    Ford

just seen this on redflags and it looks like like a good turn to me. but i aint an officer.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast