Quantcast
Deerfoot Poker Deepstacks Tournament Series - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Deerfoot Poker Deepstacks Tournament Series

My Ride
    Eclipse

Default Deerfoot Poker Deepstacks Tournament Series

There will be a pretty nice poker series here in Calgary From Feb 4 - 16th..

Some pretty good events with decent prize-pools...

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Ill be playing a few of them
    $200 satty to $1500
    $330 - 80k Guaranteed
    $1,100 Headsup (I can't wait for this) - Please everyone join this so it hits the 64 player max!
    $220 - Random tournament
    $330 - $100 Bounty Knockout tournament

The structure will be pretty good, and the buyins are pretty reasonable, there is also some PLO events for anyone that plays PLO, I'm not playing any since I really really suck at it...

It should be a pretty good turnout, I will be wearing my "Live poker is rigged hat" if you see me come say Hi!

There is not many live Heads-up tournaments so having a nice one with a really deep structure is really nice!

89coupe you need to come and bust me
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Might play 1B of the $300+$30 since it's pretty much the only tourney where the final takes place before I go back to work on the 10th.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Only time I played a bounty tournament it was hilarious. People played totally different against the bounty players.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Only time I played a bounty tournament it was hilarious. People played totally different against the bounty players.
    It should be played slightly differently

Strategic considerations

In a regular knockout tournament, there isn’t much to think about, just a simple equity calculation. If your buy-in is split 80-20 prize pool and bounty, then that’s 4-1 and a bounty is therefore worth 1/4 of a starting stack, or 750 chips if you start with 3000. When you have a chance to eliminate someone, therefore, you can simply imagine that there are an additional 750 chips in the pot. This can make loose calls profitable in the early going, but since that amount never increases, it becomes a negligible factor as you approach the bubble and thereafter.
    Big issue I feel is people don't understand this and call way to light in those situations, it's fun though it makes a more aggressive dynamic at the tables...
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I don't play live tournaments too often anymore because the dailies in Calgary are brutal and basically exist just as money pits. The bigger tournaments are usually okay to play but I don't have the bankroll (or the bankroll management) anymore to want to take stabs like this anymore.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

The $330 $80k is doable for me (can't book off work for this), I might end up coming down to play that.

Kobe, do the cash games pick up at Deerfoot while this is running?

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    I don't play live tournaments too often anymore because the dailies in Calgary are brutal and basically exist just as money pits. The bigger tournaments are usually okay to play but I don't have the bankroll (or the bankroll management) anymore to want to take stabs like this anymore.
    Ya the dailys are really stupid, the structure is just extremely bad and for the high rake it's really hard to beat long-term.

Originally posted by EM2FTL
    The $330 $80k is doable for me (can't book off work for this), I might end up coming down to play that.

Kobe, do the cash games pick up at Deerfoot while this is running?
    The $330 has a great structure and really nice prize pool.. will prob be 20K+ for first..

Umm I haven't played cash in ages but I might play a bit here for the series. I'm not a big fan of cash games but I'll prob play a day or two of it as well..

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

Originally posted by Kobe

The $330 has a great structure and really nice prize pool.. will prob be 20K+ for first..

Umm I haven't played cash in ages but I might play a bit here for the series. I'm not a big fan of cash games but I'll prob play a day or two of it as well..
    Agreed, $80k guaranteed is awesome for a live $330, nice to have 30 min levels too.

I'm almost the opposite - since July i've just been playing cash on weekends (drunks and terrible regs at River Cree FTW), but i've only played a few donkaments on Stars since then. Might be time to read those Harrington tourney books again lol

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by EM2FTL

Agreed, $80k guaranteed is awesome for a live $330, nice to have 30 min levels too.

I'm almost the opposite - since July i've just been playing cash on weekends (drunks and terrible regs at River Cree FTW), but i've only played a few donkaments on Stars since then. Might be time to read those Harrington tourney books again lol
    haha as much as I love free money from drunks I can't stand having to be told how rigged online poker is non-stop so I avoid it

TCOOP on right now, need to get in on some of those events!