Quantcast
Russia Cuts Off Ukraine Gas Supply To 6 European Countries - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Russia Cuts Off Ukraine Gas Supply To 6 European Countries

My Ride
    Gets me to lease

Default Russia Cuts Off Ukraine Gas Supply To 6 European Countries

No idea how this has been missed from mainstream conversations and facebook statuses for THREE DAYS, but whatever. I blame Charlie Hebdo.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...pean-countries

On Sabbatical

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Thanks Obama.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-02-2020 at 10:24 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    They just paid their bill too.
    Ukraine paid a bill for past supplies that was long overdue, they are on prepay plan now.. They pay, Russia delivers, however, not the first time, Ukraine is accused of siphoning so it makes sense to cut them off. Ukraine is so fucked up. It's like jacking power before the meter, it's stealing.

I follow many different news sites and nowhere did I see that the supply been cut, especially since the news is a few days old.

The bloomberg makes no mention of supply cuts... So I think there is some confusion...

Russia canceled the south stream pipeline construction and are building a new pipeline to turkey instead, and has said for a while that Europe can buy from the turks as their pipeline will terminate there, so I think there is some misconception in the original article perhaps?

Print more Rubles.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Cummins F10

Originally posted by ZenOps
    Print more Rubles.

LOL!
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Deleted F10 535d
    My hybrid burns Diesel & Oil

Originally posted by eblend

Ukraine paid a bill for past supplies that was long overdue, they are on prepay plan now.. They pay, Russia delivers, however, not the first time, Ukraine is accused of siphoning so it makes sense to cut them off. Ukraine is so fucked up. It's like jacking power before the meter, it's stealing.

I follow many different news sites and nowhere did I see that the supply been cut, especially since the news is a few days old.

The bloomberg makes no mention of supply cuts... So I think there is some confusion...

Russia canceled the south stream pipeline construction and are building a new pipeline to turkey instead, and has said for a while that Europe can buy from the turks as their pipeline will terminate there, so I think there is some misconception in the original article perhaps?
    Agreed, this is major headline news if it were true. There is some sort of misconception going on here.

I still can't find this on any other news outlet?
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

Putin is a dick.

In other words, Canada better start building a navy and northern infrastructure if they want any of the trillion cubic meters of natural gas that is under the North Pole. I am sure Europe will be keen to invest in Canada if we got a good foot hold in the north.

Maybe Canada should find a shallow spot and construct an Island.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

What? I've read it in probably 6 other mainstream news sources?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-Ukraine.html

Russia has officially told Ukraine to gtfo. As well of most of Europe.

In summary, Putin basically said "we'll ship all of our gas through pipelines to turkey, build your own pipelines to get the gas from their terminals BITCHEZ"

My Ride
    G6

I suspect both Europe and everyone else saw this one coming... Especially after the EU started putting sanctions. It was obvious Russia was going to retaliate, and almost just as obvious that it would be by cutting gas supply soon as it got cold. I suppose that's what they get for fucking with Putin.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    What? I've read it in probably 6 other mainstream news sources?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-Ukraine.html

Russia has officially told Ukraine to gtfo. As well of most of Europe.

In summary, Putin basically said "we'll ship all of our gas through pipelines to turkey, build your own pipelines to get the gas from their terminals BITCHEZ"
    Interesting, I usually read the news during the workweek so perhaps it was missed.

As for Europe getting pissed at Russia, they can really go fuck themselves no? Shouldn't they be pissed at the puppet government in Ukraine for being such an unreliable transit country, and you know, tell Ukraine, a state that wants to join EU, to perhaps stops stealing gas that got those EU countries into this predicament in the first place.

EU are the ones who kept blocking south stream with their politics, sanctioning and antagonizing Russia, so I think it's fare. If EU wants to be dicks, Russia has all the right to be dicks right back. They knew just as well that Ukraine can't be trusted yet they blocked southstream anyways, and only after Russia said they are canceling it and rerouting to Turkey did they all of the sudden care.

Really, I think EU is a mess, I don't know why countries strive to join it still, at the same time as others want out.