Quantcast
Man found dead in Auburn Bay after shots reportedly fired - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Man found dead in Auburn Bay after shots reportedly fired

Default Man found dead in Auburn Bay after shots reportedly fired

It's been a while since the dirty south has had some hardcore activity.

Homicide detectives are investigating a suspicious death after a man’s body was found on an Auburn Bay street following reports of gunfire.

Officers were called to the scene on Auburn Sound Close S.E. shortly after 9:30 a.m. and found the man dead in the street.

Neighbours said they heard what sounded like construction noise as they got ready to leave their homes for the morning.

“My dog went crazy and started barking. I thought it sounded weird for sure,” Melanie Crippin said.

“I thought they were dropping two-by-fours, and three or four of them.”

She was putting laundry away in her son’s room when she peeked outside and saw ambulances, fire trucks and police cruisers flooding her street.

She said she went to ask an officer what was going on and he told her someone had been shot.

“It’s very scary,” Crippin said, adding there’s also been recent car thefts and break-ins in her neighbourhood making her nervous.

Police are calling the man’s death suspicious. His body remained in the middle of the road on Auburn Sound Circle, covered by yellow tarp and surrounded with orange traffic cones, as yellow tape cordoned off a large area around the scene.

Police cruisers blocked the entrance to the loop at the intersecting Auburn Sound Manor, turning away many vehicles attempting to drive in.

An officer with the crime scenes unit snapped photos of the scene, and other members shone flashlights along the street looking for clues.

Officers were going door to door talking to residents about what they had seen or heard.

Tiffany Jenkins normally leaves for her young daughter’s playgroup 20 minutes early, but they were running behind this morning.

When they finally got out the door, Jenkins was stopped by police tape and officers lining the street.

When she learned about the shooting, she was shocked.

“It’s scary to think we could have been going by at that time (of the shooting),” she said.

Jenkins says she only moved into her home a year ago and has always felt that the area is safe. But this event has shaken her up.

“It’s mind blowing that this would ever happen here.”

Keith Ebert and his wife, who came from Ontario to help their daughter with her newborn triplets, were at her home when they heard several pops.

Like many other neighbours, they also mistook the sounds for construction.

“It was bang, bang, that’s all I heard. But my wife heard more than just two pops,” Ebert said.

He said his wife heard someone speaking in what sounded like a foreign language around the same time.

“It makes one a little bit nervous, that’s for sure,” he said.

He says he can’t comment much on the area as he is only visiting, but adds the neighbours have been “really wonderful” in assisting his daughter and son-in-law with their babies.

Charleen Salmon was getting ready for work when she heard two or three bangs around 9:30 a.m.

“It sounded like air nail guns,” Salmon said. “There’s lots of construction so I didn’t think much of it.”

When she came out of her home around 10 a.m. to investigate, she was surprised to see such a heavy police presence.

“They told me they will be here for awhile,” she said.

I called my parents and told them not to come home.”

She said the incident is scary and that her neighbourhood is generally very safe.

Investigators say anyone with information about the shooting should call police.

More to come …

http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime/...portedly-fired

Neighbours said they heard what sounded like construction noise as they got ready to leave their homes for the morning.

“My dog went crazy and started barking. I thought it sounded weird for sure,” Melanie Crippin said.

“I thought they were dropping two-by-fours, and three or four of them.”
    It's nice that they are so naive that they don't even know what a gunshot sounds like. If you are from the NE, you KNOW what gunshots sounds like.
    Last edited by Mixalot27; 01-29-2015 at 02:56 PM.

My Ride
    oooo

They had a teacher shot there last year no?

Wonder if it's Somali's this time?
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

Originally posted by sillysod
    Yes:

http://www.newstalk770.com/2014/06/2...in-auburn-bay/

I have a friend who always insisted Auburn Bay was full off grow ops. Not sure why he always said that but it is looking a little trashy.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Better make the entire south suburbs a gated community.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Originally posted by sillysod

Wonder if it's Somali's this time?

Originally posted by roopi

Yes:

http://www.newstalk770.com/2014/06/2...in-auburn-bay/

I have a friend who always insisted Auburn Bay was full off grow ops. Not sure why he always said that but it is looking a little trashy.
    Not a shooting. It was a stabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

right pigs with their 40 foot RVs parked beside the house and their lifed Metal Mulisha plastered 1 tons make auburn bay looks trashy

notsurprised with the shooting in that neighborhood

The few times I've been through Auburn Bay I noticed at least 1 or 2 houses fenced off, probably former grow ops?

the community is just like Valley View estates, where somehow building "big homes" in the SE is supposed to make that section of calgary nice...

Forrest Lawn, Dover, Erin Woods, Douglas Dale, McKenzie, Applewood all the same

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

I wouldn't be surprised if those deeper south communities become run down in 10~ years. I frequently work in the new SE communities and you can see houses are already starting to become run down. Unfenced back yards being used as parking pads (grass, not concrete) for 3 trucks and a camper, plus a trailer with two quads...seems like a common thing. I guess that's what happens when houses that far out were cheaper a few years ago and all the young rig pigs could pick up 2500 sqft house for them and their 4 buddies to live in.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by leftwing
    I wouldn't be surprised if those deeper south communities become run down in 10~ years. I frequently work in the new SE communities and you can see houses are already starting to become run down. Unfenced back yards being used as parking pads (grass, not concrete) for 3 trucks and a camper, plus a trailer with two quads...seems like a common thing. I guess that's what happens when houses that far out were cheaper a few years ago and all the young rig pigs could pick up 2500 sqft house for them and their 4 buddies to live in.
    I think I have seen this in all neighborhoods with average house price around $500K.

Only place without rig pigs is west end.

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

Originally posted by Xtrema

I think I have seen this in all neighborhoods with average house price around $500K.

Only place without rig pigs is west end.
    Really? I can't say that I've noticed too much of that in Kincora...

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Its funny how different Cranston is from Auburn Bay and the only thing separating the two is Deerfoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by mrsingh

Really? I can't say that I've noticed too much of that in Kincora...
    Not much in Hamptons either because it's mostly minorities here. But when some idiot rented their home out to 2 rig pigs, the house was trashed.

Originally posted by schurchill39
    Its funny how different Cranston is from Auburn Bay and the only thing separating the two is Deerfoot.
    Cranston has schools, that makes the difference i think.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by schurchill39
    Still the Dirty South

I found when shopping at the Walmart on 130th, felt the same as shopping at the one in Malboro these days.

Its all sliding downhill fast