Quantcast
Questions on new vehicle legal advice - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions on new vehicle legal advice

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Dude, IMO you have been far too nice and have avoided raising serious hell for whatever reason.

The dealership should be the main focus of your campaigns. Park the truck OUTSIDE the lot with huge signs all over it, post on social media, talk to local news etc. Spend a sunny weekend walking around their sidewalk with a giant billboard.

Youre out how much? 20,000$?? My god I would have lost it ages ago.

Originally posted by revelations
    Dude, IMO you have been far too nice and have avoided raising serious hell for whatever reason.

The dealership should be the main focus of your campaigns. Park the truck OUTSIDE the lot with huge signs all over it, post on social media, talk to local news etc. Spend a sunny weekend walking around their sidewalk with a giant billboard.

You've lost enough money time on this. Spend a couple hundred and have the info plastered all over the Escalade and park it in front of the dealership.

Clearly no one gives a shit and they will just continue brushing you off. Time to step it up.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by roopi

You've lost enough money time on this. Spend a couple hundred and have the info plastered all over the Escalade and park it in front of the dealership.

Clearly no one gives a shit and they will just continue brushing you off. Time to step it up.
    We'll see what happens, but right now all the communication is with GM.
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by M.alex
    Probably should have just taken the loss and flipped it at a dealership and let it be their problem?

You're not going to get a satisfactory resolution; it's Canada, not the US, GM will tell you to basically go eat a dick.
    i must have a crystal ball.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

May be we should test the fine working brakes in front of the dealership.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Have you had your Escalade appraised? Might be time to look at trading out of it, if you're curious about a trade in value let me know.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Have you had your Escalade appraised? Might be time to look at trading out of it, if you're curious about a trade in value let me know.
    I have, it'd be around a $16-17K loss. I find this unacceptable. Hence why I went to the media.

I'll have more to report after the conference call scheduled for tomorrow with GM Canada.

My Ride

Originally posted by Zhariak

I have, it'd be around a $16-17K loss. I find this unacceptable. Hence why I went to the media.

I'll have more to report after the conference call scheduled for tomorrow with GM Canada.
    I can almost guarantee you that sweet F... all will get done except more empty promises which will end up meaningless.

Clearly civil communications has gotten you nowhere.

You have 2 options:

- civil suit (could take years), but even a letter from an attorney could help expedite matters.
    - immediate action against the dealership.

Otherwise, kiss your $20,000$ loss good bye. Some people have that kind of money to burn mind you .....

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

well, you probably have the depreciation coverage on your insurance right? try and "stop" while pointed right at their showroom, win, win

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

I can almost guarantee you that sweet F... all will get done except more empty promises which will end up meaningless.

Clearly civil communications has gotten you nowhere.

You have 2 options:

- civil suit (could take years), but even a letter from an attorney could help expedite matters.
    - immediate action against the dealership.

Otherwise, kiss your $20,000$ loss good bye. Some people have that kind of money to burn mind you .....
    If the dealership cares they'll step up on the trade value and or at least get you into a new vehicle for cost, as far as the dealer is concerned it's an issue between the owner and GM Canada. A lot of dealers would just turn a blind eye as they've sold the car and can technically wipe their hands of it if they want too.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    4x4 Abarth

I notice this with the Cadillac SRX...the stock pedal feel is sooo stiff and can be difficult to stop.

Its got to be something like a faulty brake booster or an insufficient one

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Just had the call, they were almost an hour late from the scheduled time...

She told me the Onstar diagnostics reported a Code: C025E, to do with the vacuum level sensor...

I was told that if the vehicle is restarted an doesn't show the message again, that there is no urgency to bring it in for service and I can do it at my own convenience.

Keep in mind this happened once before in Jan/Feb. Around 3 days before it occurred the first time, the dealership replaced the vacuum hose, and the vacuum sensor. After the message occurred, they replaced the vacuum hose. Now months later (with me still reporting brake issues), it happened again. Something tells me it's not the sensor or the hose, especially since I've been reporting brake failure.

I was told the engineer said the seat movement is normal, and compared it to other vehicles. I mentioned that I wouldn't expect this on the cheapest of new vehicles, let alone a brand new $99,998.00 Cadillac. I also mentioned when they performed the TSB, that it multiplied the movement by a minimum factor of 4. They told me that the engineer confirmed this is standard behavior for the vehicle (so keep this in mind in case you're considering purchasing a new 2015 Escalade).

Also explained that the steering wheel never wiggled before the dealership replaced the dash cluster (my dash cluster was replaced 3 times).

They mentioned again the $5,000 rebate is available to me for a year since they want to keep me on board as a Cadillac customer... Told me if I'd like I can contact CAMVAP.

Also, When the vehicle was in the shop for all of April, she mentioned on Tuesday that the engineer put lots of kilometers on the vehicle testing it. Today on the phone, I asked her why the kilometers in, matched the kilometers out. I was even called in for a test drive with the foreman. During the rushed test drive, we didn't even do half a kilometer since the foreman wanted to go back to the dealership. Even with this drive, the kilometers in, matched the kilometers out which is documented on the service work order.

Ultimately we agreed to end the call since it wasn't going anywhere.

My Ride

)deletde post was of little use(

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Buddy and I were talking about this thread the other day. Wondering what was happening. We feel for you. This has also killed any chance either of us would ever buy a Cadillac. Just brutal the shit you have gone through to try and resolve this.
    Signature..... I ate it!!

I honestly cannot believe not a single person has stepped up to the plate yet to admit fault. Its quite clearly a well documented, on going issue that can have SEVERE safety repercussions.

If I were you, I would do as mentioned earlier in this thread and contact every single media outlet you can to make this public, and park the car outside the dealership with a sign etc on it.

This thread alone makes me seriously question ever buying another GM vehicle.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

And one more update...

Turned vehicle on for the first time since the message appeared on May 6th...

Message on DIC is now gone...

Press the brake pedal a few times, pedal slowly goes down to as far as it mechanically can, the message won't re-appear.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Zhariak
    J

She told me the Onstar diagnostics reported a Code: C025E, to do with the vacuum level sensor...

I was told that if the vehicle is restarted an doesn't show the message again, that there is no urgency to bring it in for service and I can do it at my own convenience.

Keep in mind this happened once before in Jan/Feb. Around 3 days before it occurred the first time, the dealership replaced the vacuum hose, and the vacuum sensor. After the message occurred, they replaced the vacuum hose. Now months later (with me still reporting brake issues), it happened again. Something tells me it's not the sensor or the hose, especially since I've been reporting brake failure.

The whole time reading the thread, I kept wondering if the vacuum isn't what's fucking your brakes up. So basically you might be experiencing a sudden loss of power brakes, and manual braking does feel scary as shit in a vehicle as big as yours.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

The whole time reading the thread, I kept wondering if the vacuum isn't what's fucking your brakes up. So basically you might be experiencing a sudden loss of power brakes, and manual braking does feel scary as shit in a vehicle as big as yours.
    What happens is the pedal gets rock hard....

If I'm doing over 10km/h (let's say I'm driving on the highway), I go to brake and the pedal is rock hard. I'll put as much force as I can on the pedal and I'll start feeling an ABS like sensation, and you can also feel ticking (the ticking is a separate sensation) in the pedal and hear a grinding sound as well. The vehicle will eventually start to slow down (sometimes faster than others).

If I'm doing below 10km/h, the pedal just stays rock hard and the vehicle continues to coast, especially bad on declines. Entering underground parkades, or stopping going downhill. Especially if there's someone infront of me who isn't braking at a constant pace (if I have to change my amount of braking, every adjustment causes me to lose more brakes). When going under, the grinding, ABS, ticking does NOT kick in...

I'm not sure if it's exactly 10km/h, but it's somewhere around there...

Some days are better than others... There's days where I'll be sitting at a red light, and the pedal will just kick or drop, when these types of things happen, I'll know to pay extra attention on those days.

Literally, a day or two before the message appeared, I was downtown slowly decelerating to stop at a red light on 3rd street, when the pedal dropped and I rolled in to the crosswalk. It startled my girlfriend, she thought I did it purposely.

This is just an example of how aware I have to stay with the brakes, and be prepared for these situations...

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I know you want GM to take care of this, but at this point I would honestly just get an indy shop to change your master cylinder/brake booster.

If that fixes it, and your determined to get GM to take responsibility, send out the old one for an independent inspection, and go to the media with your results.

Mind you if that doesn't fix the problem, then GM will just start blaming the indie shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    I know you want GM to take care of this, but at this point I would honestly just get an indy shop to change your master cylinder/brake booster.

If that fixes it, and your determined to get GM to take responsibility, send out the old one for an independent inspection, and go to the media with your results.

Mind you if that doesn't fix the problem, then GM will just start blaming the indie shop.
    Big problem is, even if the brakes do get fixed, I'm still left with all the other shit:

-Sounds coming from steering column
    -Steering column wiggling up/down movement
    -HUD movement over bumps (also occurs when steering wheel moves)
    -tweet from exhaust when vehicle goes from V4 to V8 mode
    -Rough engine idle
    -Driver seat movement
    -Driver seat creaking sound (SOOOO annoying, it's officially more annoying then the exhaust tweet)
    -Grind coming from transfer case after changing to 2nd gear for first time after vehicle start (only occurs if vehicle is off for 30+ minutes)
    -Brake pedal throws a temper tantrum on some starts (was told this was an ABS self test), consists of ABS feeling, kicking up and down, with grinding sound, when you start the vehicle and the engine is starting.
    -Transfer case control module (electronic module, not actual transfer case) makes electrical jingle sound when in 4x4 auto, or 4x4 alltime mode (it makes the hair on the back of my neck go up, it's such a high pitched loud noise)
    -Stereo issues (refuses to play music sometimes, bluetooth on vehicle rejects incoming calls)
    -Key FOB issues (delay unlocking doors, sometimes the vehicle reports the FOB is not detected)
    -Electronic issues (side steps do not come out on rare occasions, interior lights don't come on, steering wheel and seat don't go to memory on occasion)
    -Occasionally when the steering wheel goes to memory, it will point down to as far as it can go, can pinch your legs (this has only happened 4 times, but shows there's an issue with something)
    -Voice recognition sometimes does not work, the normal voice prompt on the DIC does not show, and it doesn't wait for you to talk, just pauses music for like 0.4 seconds. Normally it beeps and music stops until you say command, it should prompt on DIC with something like "Please say voice command, or say help"
    -Sometimes voice prompts for NAV system do not work, no "Turn left ahead", completely dead.
    -Traffic alerts never worked (the vehicle is supposed to warn you of traffic jams, accidents, etc... ahead). My CTS-V does it and it's great, this vehicle is supposed to but has never.
    -HUD button assembly in dash not fastened. The button module moves (all buttons move the module in the dash, I'm thinking a clip or screw was broken)
    -Vehicle gets stuck in park sometimes. Press brake, and cannot move the gear selector out of park.
    Last edited by Zhariak; 05-21-2015 at 03:51 PM.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast