Quantcast
BMW M Power Experience - Las Vegas 2015 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BMW M Power Experience - Las Vegas 2015

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Default BMW M Power Experience - Las Vegas 2015

Anyone going to be attending? I'm wrestling with it as it is ENORMOUSLY expensive but it sounds like a crazy time, got my invitation this morning.

Has anyone attended one before? Sounds like a great way to burn through my bonus

https://www.bmwmpowerexperience.com/en/event.html

Feature cars are X5M and X6M although it says there are others available to drive ( which people will know i appreciate after my sport truck rant a few months ago )
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Could be exciting until I read it's happening at the oval, Nascar left turn only style.

Not sure if that's the best way to wring out a M model and may be why X5M and X6M were picked instead of the more nimble M4/M5.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Xtrema
    Could be exciting until I read it's happening at the oval, Nascar left turn only style.

Not sure if that's the best way to wring out a M model and may be why X5M and X6M were picked instead of the more nimble M4/M5.
    Its because they did those last year ahha. This is X5M and X6M launch.

Like I said, supposedly they will also be there.

I think they set up cones on the infield for testing turning, oval is just so you can see how fast they go.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

The 2015 BMW Canada M European Tour sounds much more appealing.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by KRyn
    The 2015 BMW Canada M European Tour sounds much more appealing.
    lol of course it does, but attending that one costs 100+ grand for a CHANCE

To qualify for this opportunity, the first 15 customers submitting a pre-order for one of vehicles noted below along
    with proof of deposit will be selected for this experience:
    - 2015 M3 BMW Individual Launch Spec (Ref. Bulletin PB 15MY M3-M4-04)
    - 2015 M4 COUPE BMW Individual Launch Spec (Ref. Bulletin PB 15MY M3-M4-04)
    - 2015 M4 CABRIOLET BMW Individual Launch Spec (Ref. Bulletin PB 15MY M3-M4-04)
    - 2015 M5
    - 2016 M6 Coupe / Cabriolet / Gran Coupe
    Note the following:
    - Pre-orders will not be accepted prior to 2 pm (Eastern Time) on Monday, March 9th.
    - A maximum of ten (10) M3/M4’s will be selected for the trip with a minimum of 5 spots being allocated
    for the first M5/M6 customers.
    - Each participant will be required to pay a $1,500 Administration fee for the experience (only one per
    couple)
    - Also, demand is expected to far exceed availability for this experience, so spots cannot be guaranteed.

fact.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by killramos

lol of course it does, but attending that one costs 100+ grand for a CHANCE

Yah but for that $100,000.00 you get a free car, that seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Damn, they changed the original bulletin.

"...customers of the first 10 sold orders of any BMW Individual Launch Spec M3 or M4 will qualify for a spot on the 2015 BMW Canada M European Tour,spanning 6 nights and 6 countries! (See attached bulletin “BMW M-03-03-15”)"
    Last edited by KRyn; 03-17-2015 at 12:01 PM.

How much is it? For ~$5,000 I'd rather do a Porsche event, TBH. Especially if the BMW event is going to be X-centric.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

$2,900 ( i would assume USD but it was from BMW Canada so I would have to check) plus flights.

That is my concern also. Especially because i have only read one place that there are M3/4's there.

I have no interest in driving a race truck around an oval no matter how fast it is.

On the track, you will be among the first to drive the all-new BMW X5 M and BMW X6 M. Feel a rush of adrenaline as you experience the pinnacle of sports performance and discover an unprecedented combination of uncompromising power and outstanding aesthetics. In addition to the BMW X5 M and BMW X6 M, our full line of M vehicles will be available for you to experience, including the M3, M4, M5, M6, and M6 Gran Coupé.
    From the actual invite
    Last edited by killramos; 03-17-2015 at 01:18 PM.

fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Mercedes Canada does this yearly for 150 new AMG customers at no cost. And instead of 2 cars, MB Canada brings the entire AMG lineup for you to rip around it.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2
    Mercedes Canada does this yearly for 150 new AMG customers at no cost. And instead of 2 cars, MB Canada brings the entire AMG lineup for you to rip around it.
    We get it MB is the best.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Well I dont have a new AMG this year

Not to mention 150 isnt that many? M Power takes place over 2-3 weeks so they split it up allowing more people to attend. This is a global event to not just BMW NA.

fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by roopi
    We get it MB is the best.
    Just saying this is overpriced.

Not to mention 150 isnt that many? M Power takes place over 2-3 weeks so they split it up allowing more people to attend. This is a global event to not just BMW NA.
    150 is Canada only. Other countries have their own programs. This looks like they're limiting it to 15 people? Or am I reading this wrong?
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Just saying this is overpriced.

150 is Canada only. Other countries have their own programs. This looks like they're limiting it to 15 people? Or am I reading this wrong?
    no Kryn is quoting a special European touring event for people who pre ordered 2015 Individual M3/4/5/6's (I havent ordered an M3 yet lol, waiting for a competition pack)

I'm talking about M Power Experience

This sparkling metropolis of luck is one of the most fascinating and interesting destinations of all time offering more than one can expect. With plenty of breathtaking sights and space for adventure, Las Vegas – the city that never sleeps - is the perfect place to host the BMW M Power Experience 2015.

Take the opportunity to experience the all-new BMW X5 M and BMW X6 M as one of the first in the stunning scenery of Nevada. On windy turns and challenging combinations you will get the exclusive chance to discover your limits on the track. Next to discovering the power of the 575HP strong all-new BMW X5 M and BMW X6 M, you will be able to also experience the rest of the BMW M fleet.

Off the track, with 12 of the world’s 20 largest and best hotels being in Las Vegas, you will be accommodated in the 5* Mandarin Oriental Hotel located right on the legendary ‘Strip’. If you feel like relaxing from the adrenaline kick behind the steering wheel, this hotel will not disappoint. Additionally, a diverse leisure programme is waiting for you in order to discover the various facets of ‘Sin City’ and its surrounding. We are looking forward to welcoming you at the BMW M Power Experience 2015 in Las Vegas.
    I have no doubt that this is overpriced hahaha, but just whether or not it will be cool enough for me to drop a chunk of my bonus which i wasn't expecting to get this year.
    Last edited by killramos; 03-17-2015 at 01:35 PM.

fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I have no doubt that this is overpriced hahaha, but just whether or not it will be cool enough for me to drop a chunk of my bonus which i wasn't expecting to get this year.
    Go book a BMW Performance Driving course, cheaper and 1000x more fun.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Go book a BMW Performance Driving course, cheaper and 1000x more fun.
    I know, you are right. Damnit.

I was just excited to get invited to something. ( cause I'm sure it didn't just go out to everyone on their mailing list )

I mostly wanted to see if anyone else had ever gone. Most of the money seems to go towards staying at Mandarin and the included dinner at a Michelin star restaurant ( 1,800 dollars for a guest who wants to skip driving vs 2,900 to drive)

fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Well I've been to the AMG Vegas event 3x, and it's very similar. Full hotel covered, and 2 dinners at expensive restaurants. It's a great event because it's free, but I sure wouldn't pay to go, as it's geared towards beginner drivers so it's really just a chance to test drive a bunch of cars at the track.

I'm just shocked that BMW is charging customers for it. Should be a free perk.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Well I've been to the AMG Vegas event 3x, and it's very similar. Full hotel covered, and 2 dinners at expensive restaurants. It's a great event because it's free, but I sure wouldn't pay to go, as it's geared towards beginner drivers so it's really just a chance to test drive a bunch of cars at the track.

I'm just shocked that BMW is charging customers for it. Should be a free perk.
    To their credit like I mentioned, I'm not convinced this is just for customers.

Maybe someone else can comment on if BMW offers anything else for buyers of new M cars ( i don't own a real M car so ).

fact.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

All the M power events are boring.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

To their credit like I mentioned, I'm not convinced this is just for customers.

Maybe someone else can comment on if BMW offers anything else for buyers of new M cars ( i don't own a real M car so ).
    Diddly. I got a free keychain with my first M3.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast