Quantcast
The X-Files returns with a 6 Episode Season - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: The X-Files returns with a 6 Episode Season

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Carter said episodes 1 and 6 deal with the X-Files mythology while episodes 2-5 are just monster of the week episodes. So if you are only interested in the X-Files story line, skip the rest until episode 6.

I got to meet Gillian, Mitch Pileggi and Robert Patrick at the Calgary expo 2 years ago. She's pretty hot but super twitchy around nerds. Right before our photo was taken I put my arm behind her and bumped her elbow, she literally ran away. We had to do another photo because in the first one she's freaking out.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

So uhmmm....

Muslim Terrorists made it to the X Files....Mama, we made it!!...And by "we" I mean Muslim Extremists....

Not the Bacon eating infidels like me haha...

Entertaining last episode....
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Next episode is the last one, back to the mythology again.
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

WAY too much crammed into this episode.

The first episode was fine this season - I was even fine with the funny reverse werewolf episode

But the rest should have basically been tonights episode but expanded / elaborated.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    WAY too much crammed into this episode.

The first episode was fine this season - I was even fine with the funny reverse werewolf episode

But the rest should have basically been tonights episode but expanded / elaborated.
    Way way too fast...

Technically they could have gotten away with it if they made it a two hour episode and took things slower, but wow that happened too fast.
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

Originally posted by Zhariak

Way way too fast...

Technically they could have gotten away with it if they made it a two hour episode and took things slower, but wow that happened too fast.
    Spoiler:

OMG SOLDIER COMES IN WITH SIGNS OF ANTHRAX! Lets put him in a regular room, with a regular doctor - not quarantine him.

OMG A MASS CONTAGION IS OUTBREAKING

OMG HOW WILL WE FIX THIS?

OMG - "ALIEN DNA!"

OMG - CONTAGION IS GLOBAL WORLD WIDE

OMG NO SIGNS OF ALIEN DNA ANY MORE!? DA FUQ!

OMG JUST NEED MORE BLOOD!

OMG THERE IT IS!

OMG WE FOUND A CURE!

OMG THE WORLD IS SAVED!

... how could they extract her DNA, create a cure from it, then - MASS PRODUCE IT - to save people? You could save maybe 1% of the infected people before they all die with how fast the contagion is spreading.

Remember when we ran out of flu vaccines in Alberta 2-3 years ago and how there was a mass shortage? Did this show REALLY think that "just use Scullys DNA as the panacea to save the planet" was a good enough explanation?

Fuck, this show squandered this season. You have 6 episodes - 6 episodes to tell a fucking story.

Episode 1 - set the stage that there were no aliens - it was all humans who reverse engineered the technology. At first i HATED this twist... but then it grew on me the more I thought about it.

Episode 2 - SHOULD have been the soldier comes in with signs of Anthrax - he should have been put into quarantine - then it should have been a build up from there of the diease spreading to various groups - police, more military etc - have them chase down the cause, only for episode 4 for them to realize WTF is up. Episode 5 should have been "the cure" episode and how they can fix it, as people are dying.

Episode 6 should have been finding a way to distribute it world wide - maybe resulting in using the chem trails they talked about.

But hooking somebody up to an IV is the only way? Un-fucking-believable

Anyway that is my rant haha

She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Bwahahahahah

That hits the nail on the head bang on... While watching it, it was actually playing out in my head:

OMG
    OMG
    OMG
    WTF BBQ?
    OMG WTF

Oh ya
    OMGGGG
    WTF???

Then it ended with an LOL and a chuckle at the end where the episode ended.
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

Not to mention, when did Mulder become Jason Bourne? (Though, that was arguably the best part of last nights episode lol)

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

So was it supposed to just end where it did? It just went to black, I thought something broke.

My Ride
    G6

Had lots of potential, but all the cool stuff was way too rushed through. Too low budget to show what they wanted I thought.

I also can't get over who they cast for that internet journalist dude. He'll always be Community dude to me.

Last edited by Cos; 12-20-2016 at 09:03 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    fairlady tt

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    Not to mention, when did Mulder become Jason Bourne? (Though, that was arguably the best part of last nights episode lol)
    That was quite possibly one of the best fight scenes on tv in a long time. I cant even recall a fight scene that well done out side of the movies.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I finally finished watching the rest of the episodes. Quite honestly I'm pretty satisfied with this series, despite the ending.

And anyone complaining about the werewolf episode probably wasn't a fan of the original series because they really fit in a little bit of everything that made the original series a hit within the 6 episodes and that included the humourous episode mixed in with the darker monster of the week, along with the alien conspiracy ones.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

What a great season. I agree with D'z Nutz...they were obviously trying to hit the traditional tones with this short season. What a great revisit to the X-Files universe. I noticed how much Scully and Mulder have matured. I really liked that they have totally accepted their relationship...they don't force it into any traditional framework, and are just so comfortable with each other.

Could the season & episodes have been better? In ways, yes. But the fact that we have new X-Files content that has stayed so true to its original form is so satisfying. And, as always, they leave it open for the next saga. And how have we not mentioned the 'shrooms sequence...that was brilliant! I was laughing my head off!!

To address a few of the stated flaws...(disclaimer, I am a fulltime X-Files apologist. They can do no wrong)...

- Mulder as Jason Bourne: 1) Who cares...he kicked some ass, and that was a better fight scene than pretty much any other recent production. 2) The guy is a 20+ year veteran of the FBI...you don't think he couldn't have gotten some decent training at some point?

- Fast paced final episode: It was fast, but they decided to use the episodes throughout the 6 episode run to pay homage to the classical X-Files flavours. They had to wrap it up and leave people hungry for more. The impression I am left with is that at least they did touch on all the topics, wrap up some lose ends, but still leave the door open for another movie or season.

I'll come back and edit this after I think of more. As a long time fan, I am super happy with the season and would love to see more. I think they're striking the perfect balance between bringing an almost 20 year old story relevant.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4