Quantcast
Anti-harassment team to hit Red Mile Thursday - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti-harassment team to hit Red Mile Thursday

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    It's not uncommon for women to not report sexual assault. Some research has indicated that upwards of 68% of sexual assault cases don't get reported. Sometimes, it's due to the stigma (who wants to be labelled a rape victim or a victim of sexual assault in general?) and part of it is just apathy due to low conviction rates (some reports at 2%).
    If this was the case, she probably would not have splashed her own name all over the news as the victim of multiple assaults.

There is also zero chance of her assailant facing charges from a news story, so having the person or people involved tracked down is clearly not her goal.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I'm not saying I believe that woman at all, but...

Having known somebody who has been sexually assaulted, it will always be tough to report.

Officer, he grabbed me!

No I didn't

Officer, he had non-consenual sex with me!

No I didn't

Case closed. I can understand why women don't report it, the chances of a conviction are so low. Hell, no different than domestic abuse. Look at ghomeshi, did that ever even go anywhere?

Of course, women do a GREAT disservice crying sexual assault about this shit compared to rape. They aren't the same thing.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

so if these were just randoms grabbing tits... with that amount of cops around you'd think eventually someone would bust them... but this was it for arrests:

Six arrests, 12,000 people.

Not quite perfect and when one of the people arrested is charged for not wearing pants on the Red Mile, not very bright either.

The silly six also includes a future brain surgeon who decided to celebrate the Flames series victory over Vancouver by lighting fireworks near the gas station on 17 Ave. and 5 St. S.W.

He was joined in police custody by a guy arrested for public intoxication, one dolt taken in for petty vandalism and a couple of charming losers who still think it’s hilarious to scream obscenities at television reporters trying to do live hits from the big party.
    http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/04/27...es-playoff-run

You can get arrested for FHRITP?!

Glad I learned that before next week.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Arrested, not charged. Probably end up with a public nuisance ticket.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Take this as e-thugging or whatever you want, but if someone groped my girlfreind "from top to bottom and between the legs" and then said "i'll stab you" i'd be on the news in hand cuffs and going to jail, not my girlfriend telling her story

Everyone i talk to says everything down there was good, most* people were behaving. I opted out to stay at national saturday, because they serve booze there lol

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by Mibz
    You can get arrested for FHRITP?!

Glad I learned that before next week.
    ...too bad you learned about the no pants thing the hard way though

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Awfully convenient I'd say.

SexualBanana, you're absolutely right many abused and assaulted women never go to the police, but those same women would also not go to the media instead
    I also said I don't believe her either. Police presence was prevalent enough that she wouldn't have to go far and report it to someone that is NOT the media.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    Police presence was prevalent enough that she wouldn't have to go far and report it to someone that is NOT the media.
    Agreed.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Originally posted by ercchry
    and a couple of charming losers who still think it’s hilarious to scream obscenities at television reporters trying to do live hits from the big party.
    Fuck Her In The Pussy is still the best non-hockey realated thing I have seen on Tv these playoffs hahaha. Guess I am a charming loser to haha

Originally posted by Dave P

Fuck Her In The Pussy is still the best non-hockey realated thing I have seen on Tv these playoffs hahaha. Guess I am a charming loser to haha

The people upset about it don't understand the origin. They only hear the words and freak out.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    Model S

Haha, these reactions are exactly the problem.

Have you guys never been near a moderately attractive girl in a crowd of drunks? They get harassed all. the. time. Nobody goes to the cops. It's harassment, not rape. Not worth it. If someone is consistently out of line and persistent, they might tell a bouncer, but that's it. I've had friends get groped plenty.

Statistically speaking, there's almost no way that this didn't happen, even if it wasn't to her (which I don't doubt).

SexualBanana, you're absolutely right many abused and assaulted women never go to the police, but those same women would also not go to the media instead
    Never heard of Jian Ghomeshi I guess? Graham James? We can do much worse.

Originally posted by googe
    Never heard of Jian Ghomeshi I guess? Graham James? We can do much worse.
    Ya you're right, these stories and the one of the women we're discussing are the same. I forget Ghomeshi and James committed their crimes out in a public street, with thousands of potential witnesses and police officers every 3 feet. I forgot all the accusers of James and Ghomeshi said "meh, the police looked busy so I didn't report it"
    Toma the homophobe?

Fred is my hero

Haha, these reactions are exactly the problem.

Have you guys never been near a moderately attractive girl in a crowd of drunks? They get harassed all. the. time. Nobody goes to the cops. It's harassment, not rape. Not worth it. If someone is consistently out of line and persistent, they might tell a bouncer, but that's it. I've had friends get groped plenty.

Statistically speaking, there's almost no way that this didn't happen, even if it wasn't to her (which I don't doubt).

Another problem is having people describe assault as "harassment" and doing anything about it "not worth it."

Fuck Her In The Pussy is still the best non-hockey realated thing I have seen on Tv these playoffs hahaha.
    I always appreciate these reminders. After too many beers, one can sometimes forget which hole is the right one.

My Ride
    Model S

Ya you're right, these stories and the one of the women we're discussing are the same. I forget Ghomeshi and James committed their crimes out in a public street, with thousands of potential witnesses and police officers every 3 feet. I forgot all the accusers of James and Ghomeshi said "meh, the police looked busy so I didn't report it"
    Are you arguing with yourself? Nobody said that. You just said no one would talk to the media without going to the police, which I'm demonstrating is obviously not uncommon.

It doesn't matter. You've convinced yourself that nobody could possibly be groped, and won't listen to anything else.

Originally posted by kertejud2

Another problem is having people describe assault as "harassment" and doing anything about it "not worth it."
    Welcome to the life of a good portion of the female population. They stopped telling the authorities about it in junior high school.

Anyway, you guys better hope you're right that she's lying, or you've called this woman who you don't know some pretty disgusting things simply for being a victim. Not a very calculated risk, but I realize even tying your shoes is probably tough, so good luck in life.

It doesn't matter. You've convinced yourself that nobody could possibly be groped, and won't listen to anything else.
    Ya that's what I said, bang on, nailed it

Let's dumb this down for you shall we. Try to let a couple brain cells slam together long enough to comprehend the following.

Could a women be groped on the Red Mile? Yes.
    Have women been groped on the Red Mile? Most likely.

Was this women assaulted twice once with a weapon? I'm not sure, certainly possible. Given her actions and comments I'm skeptical. I just don't see a scenario in which that happens to anyone and they use the "meh police looked busy so I didn't report it, then the next day instead of letting the authorities know I called a media outlet".

I'm not arguing with you anymore, you're hunting for something that isn't there.
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    Model S

I'm not sure if you're adding the weapon bit to build your incredulity, or if you find it hard to believe because you're under the impression that there was a weapon. In any case, it's worth clarifying.

She did not claim that she was assaulted with a weapon, and did not claim that the guy even pulled out a weapon. In fact he obviously didn't, or she would have surely mentioned that. He just uttered a threat, then obviously did nothing.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Was this women assaulted twice once with a weapon? I'm not sure, certainly possible. Given her actions and comments I'm skeptical. I just don't see a scenario in which that happens to anyone and they use the "meh police looked busy so I didn't report it, then the next day instead of letting the authorities know I called a media outlet".

I'm not arguing with you anymore, you're hunting for something that isn't there.

I'm not sure if you're adding the weapon bit to build your incredulity, or if you find it hard to believe because you're under the impression that there was a weapon. In any case, it's worth clarifying.

She did not claim that she was assaulted with a weapon, and did not claim that the guy even pulled out a weapon. In fact he obviously didn't, or she would have surely mentioned that. He just uttered a threat, then obviously did nothing.
    To clarify, she was physically assaulted twice, and then her boyfriend was threatened with physical violence involving a weapon. This is her version of the story. As RX7 has said, what makes the story difficult to believe is her insistence that 'police had other things to take care.... like broken glass bottles' as if broken glass is more important than her physical safety and possibly those of others with a potentially armed and aggressive individual in the crowd.

That's like entering an emergency room with a severed limb and patiently waiting in the waiting room because someone before you has a cold. (I'm terrible at analogies and trying to draw parallels).
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast