Quantcast
ANOTHER?!??!?? What car to buy thread - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: ANOTHER?!??!?? What car to buy thread

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

Good choice with the B250 - the only thing I don't like about Mercedes is the maintenance cost.
    I get owed buying those pre-paid maintenance packages.
    Insurance Pro

Originally posted by rage2
    There's so much car for the money with the B250, and the interior is top notch in the price range.
    I totally agree with that. I posted earlier asking people's opinion of Q3. After some research, picked up the B250 in Apr pretty much around same time as rage2, same packages + black ash wood. Very happy with the car, good power and really roomy. Very solid and great interior.

Bumping this thread due to the previous B250 discussion and I am in the market for a new car.

I am finding the value proposition had to ignore, and it has the compact car drivetrain trifecta which is so very rare (AWD, DCT, 2.0T).

It looks like you can lease a B250 4MATIC for $358/mo for 45 months which seems pretty good. I think it's around $400/mo with zero down.

http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/content/...nt_offers.html

On the MB website though all leasing shows "unavailable" when I go to calculate payments, so I don't know what's up with that. 4MATIC + premium package is all I would need, looking at the options.

Does anyone know if these are going to be majorly refreshed/replaced anytime soon, or is now as good time as any to get into one? I've read a couple rumors of a new platform coming end of 2017 but it didn't seem reliable.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The MFA cars (A/B/CLA/GLA) are on a 6 year design cycle. This gen came out as MY2012 (although we didn't get it till MY2013) and was refreshed 3 years later in MY2015 which added 4matic and some minor bodywork changes. New model based on MFA2 is supposed to come out MY2018 but there's been zero news on it. The MB Canada builder doesn't even have an Avantgarde final year package so maybe MB is late and the B gets stretched out to a 3+4=7 year cycle.

There were some HUGE discounts last month on remaining 2016 models, but I'm not sure if there are any left. Check with the dealer, they were giving out something like $5k discounts which is huge for a car this cheap.

edit - https://www.mercedes-benz-lonestarca...lberta/6795360

$9k off lol. Based on price, most likely spec'd with Premium and Versatile packages and Pano roof. Looks like a demo at 1400km, but hey, $9k off haha. I'd run to the dealer on this one TBH.

edit2 - Hyatt has 3 2016's but they range from $40-48k. The Lone star one at $29k is a no brainer here, unless Hyatt will match prices and have a more preferable color (2 silvers 1 white).
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Infinitis and Nissans

Wow didn't know these came in awd and 2.0 turbos?!?!!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Sonic
    Wow didn't know these came in awd and 2.0 turbos?!?!!
    And DCT. It's like a poorer handling more comfortable and roomier GTI. Dead even in a straight line. You do look like you're driving a mini-minivan tho.

It's also a bit of a drift machine in the winter with traction off. Pretty fun.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Thanks rage, hoping to have time to visit a dealer tomorrow and check things out.

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

And DCT. It's like a poorer handling more comfortable and roomier GTI. Dead even in a straight line. You do look like you're driving a mini-minivan tho.

It's also a bit of a drift machine in the winter with traction off. Pretty fun.
    +1 Most people don't believe this but pretty bang on here.
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Well, sounds like this is wrapped up. They took delivery of a B250 4Matic today. I think it's got pretty much all the available options, I'll have a closer look at it in the next week or so.

Hey, after all the help the first time around, it sounds like this same family is looking for a change away from that sweet B-class.
    Criteria:
    - Needs bigger rear seat to fit a rear-facing carseat.
    - Must be AWD
    - not a true mid-sized vehicle, they want it to feel small for urban use

When I look at this segment, the Ford edge keeps popping up because on paper it looks like the most room rear seat.
    Other contenders are the Ford Escape, GMC terrain, Buick Envision, Hyundai Tuscon, Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, Lincoln MKC.

So folks, what do you thinkÉ
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

It is a bit more complex than simply rear seat room, I was under the same impression until I watched a video. Ease of access for placement and removal, door opening angle, roof slope, front and rear seat angles, leg kicking distance to the front seat, etc.

AlexOnAutos on YouTube has a complete review of vehicles and how child seats fit with and without adults in the rear seats. He also does what I think are the most thorough vehicle reviews on YT:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...PZJLi8E-xolDWJ

Sample video from a highly rated Infiniti a relative bought after watching the video as they were expecting twins. No idea why the YT code is not working, it ends up going to a different vehicle. Tried a few things and fail. Here is an ugly old style link instead:

https://youtube/JKNTdY-PA4I?list=PLd...PZJLi8E-xolDWJ
    Last edited by Tenkara Way; 02-04-2017 at 03:44 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Holy, those are great reviews. I've already watched a couple.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Holy, those are great reviews. I've already watched a couple.
    Also, strong consideration needs to be made for crash test results. How will those in the rear come out in a rear-ender or t-bone. The Infiniti relative kept the car (loved it) for a year and bought a $70K F150 to carry more stuff to the cabin.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Rear facing car seats are the bane of my existence. Really if you want easy access nothing beats a full sized SUV, a truck or a minivan. Really, it's only a year, love with it and go front facing when they can walk and hit 30 lbs.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Raj bro, that's why there's an odyssey in my garage. And it's been a lot more than 1 year for us. Bought it in 2012, still love it.

Will be seeing this family today probably, and will chat with them.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Rear facing car seats are the bane of my existence. Really if you want easy access nothing beats a full sized SUV, a truck or a minivan. Really, it's only a year, love with it and go front facing when they can walk and hit 30 lbs.
    Pretty sure the car2go fleet is not meant for people with car seats.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Hey, after all the help the first time around, it sounds like this same family is looking for a change away from that sweet B-class.
    Criteria:
    - Needs bigger rear seat to fit a rear-facing carseat.
    - Must be AWD
    - not a true mid-sized vehicle, they want it to feel small for urban use

When I look at this segment, the Ford edge keeps popping up because on paper it looks like the most room rear seat.
    Other contenders are the Ford Escape, GMC terrain, Buick Envision, Hyundai Tuscon, Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, Lincoln MKC.

So folks, what do you thinkÉ
    Thoughts on Santa Fe Sport vs Ford Edge?

Funny, I know three families shopping this segment right now. Me, I'm loving the Fit.....

My Ride
    TRD Pro

My family was looking at vehicles in the same category, ended up with a Santa Fe. Seemmed like you got way more value for your money. We hav had it for 4 years now, and havent had any major issues. Its actually decent to drive as well, the 2.0T is pretty peppy.

Ford Edge/Escape was close, but the salesman at the dealership was way too pushy and gave off a super sleezy feeling. We couldnt wait to get out of there. (Escape felt smaller, Edge was better but more $$)

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Take a look at the Subaru Outback. Same ground clearance as SUV, better mileage and had lots of room for a rear facing seat.

My brother's the "SUV guy".

He swears by the Subaru Forester series.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4