Quantcast
HELP!! I got my amp running but next morning my car won't start!!!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: HELP!! I got my amp running but next morning my car won't start!!!!

Default HELP!! I got my amp running but next morning my car won't start!!!!

help!! I have everything connected correctly?? WTF!! I'm using the RCA Y Cables from each Output to connect to my 4 Channel Jenson 670 watt amp.. ???? This guy hooked up the speaker wires a little differently.. He put all the postives wires on the Left Side and the Negative wires on teh Right side.. kind of super bridge the shitz.. but that won't affect it right??

We did it last night.. runs great.. i can smell something sizzlings but that's normal right? Ran great this morning and when i came back home and went out again 4 hrs later.. the car wont start!! It's not the battery.. there was light to it.. but to play it safe. I hooked up a new battery to it.. The stereo works.. the lights works... But when i turn the key all it is is a Clicking Noise..

ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!! ????? What happened?? I didn't juice out the battery?? So did i fry something??? Please help!!! Anybody deal with this before?? what the hell?? I'm running one 600 Watt Amp and two speakers to it...

My Ride
    Mercedes Benz R class, Mercedes Benz E class

check all your fuses to start.

www.bmwvsmbz.com

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Your amp drained your battery. Did you put wire on a fuse that only runs with ACC? If you put it on an "always" hot fuse, it will drain your battery.

The clicking noise is the starter. It doesn't have enough juice to turn over the engine. Try boosting it with another car. Hook up the cars and let the good one run for about 5 minutes to charge your battery a little.

If that doesn't work, your starter is gone.

If your amp drained your battery in 4 hours, it is time to get a new battery.

My Ride
    88 sil convert, anything else JDM

Default your prob

I bet he has your deck hooked up to constant power and when you turn off your car everything is still on? just a thaught. But ya cheak your fuses. Also there might be a short otherwords there is a open circuit.

Did you connect the amp shut off to the deck?? This has the deck shutoff the amp when the car shuts off.
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    2000 prelude

Originally posted by Ferio_vti
    Did you connect the amp shut off to the deck?? This has the deck shutoff the amp when the car shuts off.
    yeah i would suggest checkin the remote wire. If thats isnt hooked up propberly it could be sending a constant signal, keeping your amp on all nite
    Lifes a bitch so be a pimp

Originally posted by benyl
    Your amp drained your battery. Did you put wire on a fuse that only runs with ACC? If you put it on an "always" hot fuse, it will drain your battery.

The clicking noise is the starter. It doesn't have enough juice to turn over the engine. Try boosting it with another car. Hook up the cars and let the good one run for about 5 minutes to charge your battery a little.

If that doesn't work, your starter is gone.

If your amp drained your battery in 4 hours, it is time to get a new battery.
    Hey waz up.. I stated above I put in a new battery but nothing happened.. it made a little sound at first then that clicking noise again... So i should have my friend boost me up anyway??

Oh yeah.. at first when i found out nothing worked.. i touched the radio and it made a little weee noise then stopped.. ????

Originally posted by hondarunner

yeah i would suggest checkin the remote wire. If thats isnt hooked up propberly it could be sending a constant signal, keeping your amp on all nite

??? how can a remote wire be connected wrong?? I just connected with a snug connecter with the Remote blue wire and ran it into the amp. The jenson 780 amp only turns on when the stereo is turned on...

How should i have connected the remote wire??

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I don't know man.

Could be that you start went. Might be a co-incidence.

could it be also because my friend hooked up the amp and speaker wires crazy? It was like he put all the postive wires on one channel and then bridge over and put the negative wires on the other channel.. even though it says Negative he put on the postive wire????

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

well then just disconnect your amp.

I think it is your starter though... either that or your new battery is not charged completely yet.

i went out and check the fuses.. the big 40A looks different from the rest so i went to get a new one.. installed it.. Turn the key NOTHING!! not even a sound!! I try the lights nothing happened!~! I check the battery negative bolt to make sure it is tight.. It is... so screw it.. i tighten it again... and then turn the key.. IT WORKED!!!

But i don't think it was the tigthen of the battery bolt was it?? It could have been the fuse need time to warm up.. Funny thing was the 40A was missing the top metal part?? wtf? but the cap was closed ???? \

any advice on how not to blow my shit again or should i start a new thread about it since it is a new topic?

I think the best adive now is, stop getting your friends to install your stereo stuff. I'm sure their nice people, but in the end you seem to have lots of problems.
    But at least you can come here, post topic, and get help.
    Damn +44411's