Quantcast
Honda Salesperson Recommendation? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda Salesperson Recommendation?

Default Honda Salesperson Recommendation?

My Versa thread was no longer really relevant, and I couldn't find any other recent threads on this. Can anyone please recommend me a specific salesperson at at Honda dealer? Or do any Beyonder's sell Hondas? I am 95% sure we are going to be buying a new Honda Fit LX in the near future. I'm happy to go to Airdrie or High River if I can avoid the BS.

All I want is a fair, no BS deal without $850 money-grab admin fees and without the ridiculous back-and-forth with the sales manager. Especially on a $17K car that is crazy haha.

Only other condition is it cannot be Honda West - I can't stand that place anymore.

Thanks!

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Good job on you guys deciding on a Fit

Thought it was going to turn into a Mar thread.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Sorath recommended Patrick Li @ Airdrie Honda to me, he is the New Sales Manager there, and was good to deal with when I leased my Civic.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

^^ I will shoot him an email, thanks.

In short, I am pretty much entirely just trying to avoid the $850 admin fees + get a fair deal. I don't want to listen to any more sales people try and tell me why they are charging me for that BS. Or, they can make the paperwork look like however they want, with an $850 discount on top of whatever price we agreed upon (that's what has happened the last few times I've bought cars).

Are finance rates negotiable at all? I would think not since they come from Honda Canada, but I am not 100% sure on that one.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 05-05-2015 at 03:11 PM.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Are finance rates negotiable at all? I would think not since they come from Honda Canada, but I am not 100% sure on that one.
    My buddy told me he got 0% on his 2014 Civic Si @ Airdrie Honda.

Originally posted by jwslam

My buddy told me he got 0% on his 2014 Civic Si @ Airdrie Honda.
    Thanks! - Would you happen to know the starting rate?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Thanks! - Would you happen to know the starting rate?
    No clue. I don't even know who he could've got that through since my understanding was always that Honda Canada doesn't go lower than 0.9%

My Ride
    '06 E90- '07 R1

I used to work at T and T Honda, if you ask for Johnny Ngo and tell him Kian sent you he will take great care of you!
    Let him know you aren't wanting any fees and he'll do his best to help you out.
    Current vehicle: 2006 BMW 330XI & 2007 R1

Previous Vehicles: 2007 R6 - 2006 Acura TSX 6MT - 2008 BMW 328XI - 2007 Infiniti G35 6MT - 2009 BMW 335i X-drive - 2003 Infiniti G35 - 2004 R6 - 2007 Slammed VW R -2003 BMW 330I -1992 Nissan Skyline GTS-T -2002 Ford Mustang -1985 Caddy Eldorado -'87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z Mitsu Turbo -1996 Mitsubishi Evo IV GSR -2004 Dodge Dakota SLT+ -2003 Subaru WRX -2000 BMW 740i -1995 Nissan Skyline GTS25-T (Stock RB25) -1990 Nissan Sil40 (KA24DE) -1989 Toyota Supra Turbo (JDM 7M-GTE) -2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V -1997 GMC Sierra 1500 (350 6" lift) -1989 Nissan 240SX SE (KA24E '93 body style) -1995 Acura Integra LE (Worst car I ever owned) -1995 Acura Integra Type R (B18B1 prepped for turbo, but never turbo'd)

Originally posted by jwslam

No clue. I don't even know who he could've got that through since my understanding was always that Honda Canada doesn't go lower than 0.9%
    Fair enough, thanks anyways. I was just curious if he got like a 3% reduction or more like a 0.9% reduction.

My Ride
    2003 Rsx Type S WHITE, Ninja zx250r

You can try Wayne Luong at Airdire Honda too, he is also the sales manager there.
    please don't flame me, or i'll have to learn how to use the ban button

Originally posted by Zetsu
    I used to work at T and T Honda, if you ask for Johnny Ngo and tell him Kian sent you he will take great care of you!
    Let him know you aren't wanting any fees and he'll do his best to help you out.
    Thanks - I will shoot him an email for a quote as well.

Originally posted by gkAeris
    You can try Wayne Luong at Airdire Honda too, he is also the sales manager there.
    Thanks - emailed Peter already, but if I don't hear back I will try Wayne.

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

Buying a Honda in Calgary = Airdrie Honda
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    Ram

yup, talk to wayne luong(general sales manager) or patrick li(sales manager)

Tell him Kasem sent you

My Ride
    13 AUDI A4, 14 TUNDRA SR5, 12 VW GOLF TDI

Originally posted by Sorath
    yup, talk to wayne luong(general sales manager) or patrick li(sales manager)

Tell him Kasem sent you
    Patrick is awsome.

My Ride
    Ram

^

worked with those guys for years when i was working at honda. awesome awesome people

Everything extra beyond the car, buy from the USA, much cheaper. Things like the floor mats, etc. I'd avoid Honda floor mats on the whole and go for the custom mats sold online. Honda mats are rubbish. Get the front end, etc 3M protected, the hood is a magnet for rocks. See if you can get a deal on winter rims and tires, they'll want to move those at this time of year. You'll need'em come December. I have a Fit if it matters and I'd head out to Okotoks Honda for a deal.
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 05-05-2015 at 06:26 PM.

We drove the Yaris tonight, even though we were pretty set on the Fit we just wanted to make sure we've driven all the options. Went to Henninger, and the salesperson we got was awesome, however it's just not really much of a comparison to the Fit. It costs the same, and there is not nearly as much room, no fancy seats, no backup camera, no heated seats, ~30 less HP, and a 4-speed transmission. Pretty much a no-brainer to go with the Fit vs. the Yaris, at least in our opinion. Seemed like a solid little car, but just not much value there beyond the Toyota badge.

I was hoping to basically get the Fit for a small discount (and/or a percent or two off the financing??), no BS fees ($850 at Honda West, not sure about others), thrown in trunk liner and/or mats, and maybe a good deal on winter tires & steel rims. Not sure if that is asking too much or not, but we will see.

If we don't get free mats, I'll order some WeatherTech ones or something a bit better. I'll also call Shadow tint and get a 3M quote, but I want to also look into that other stuff that is supposed to be even better than 3M. By the looks of the car, I think the hood would be in rough shape in Calgary without 3M. My GF doesn't care about how good the mats are haha, so that might be a struggle. Obviously won't be getting any kind of protection package or anything like that.

I will also send Okotoks Honda an email, thanks for the suggestion. Sounds like she wants to buy as soon as we're back from vacation around the 20th.

Fired off emails to Airdrie, Okotoks, and T&T. We'll see who ends up with the best quote

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

From my past experience, Fit typically has a slightly higher rate than Civic or Accord. But that was when Fit was released. Not sure if it still applies. Good luck!!

BTW, I also had great experience with Wayne at Airdrie Honda.

My Ride
    12 audi a5

Hit up airdrie Honda and by pass the sales guy and go right to sales manager Patrick.
    I got 9k off a new ridgeline last year at the end of the year clearance

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast