Quantcast
2015 FORMULA 1 Monaco Grand Prix - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2015 FORMULA 1 Monaco Grand Prix

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Speaking of Vettel he was pretty funny during the podium interview. Brundle finishes interviewing Hamilton who's all sad face, he jumps in and goes hey I'm happy haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Subaru WRX

Originally posted by rage2
    Speaking of Vettel he was pretty funny during the podium interview. Brundle finishes interviewing Hamilton who's all sad face, he jumps in and goes hey I'm happy haha.
    Here I am all salty about Lewis, then Seb with this huge shit-eating grin comes in and says that...I loved it.

Never saw that kind of fair play and team work at RBR when Vettel was there lol.

Poor Lewis, I was pretty worked up watching it unfold.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Pretty pumped on the Rosberg win. I 'met' him at Friday's meet the drivers and learned that he actually grew up in Monaco and used to watch the track from his school. Lots of the drivers are resident in Monaco but it's cool that Rosberg could take the flag again in his home town.

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

Awesome for Nico, not even the great Michael Schumacher has a Monaco hat trick. Pretty awesome it just kinda fell into his lap. Doesn't matter how it happened, the history books will show Rosberg as amongst the all-time greats.

I've never liked Hamilton much, don't know why. I think I recall him being a whiner early on when Raikkonen beat him by a point. I had a bit of a chuckle when he bumped into that 3rd place sign hahaha.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Can't believe Rosberg gets a Monaco hat trick with the likes of Senna because of the fuck up.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Too artificial. Refueling, multiple tire manufacturers and more flexible (zing) aero rules are what I want.

I'm on the fence about Michelin's proposed changes. I'd like a middle ground between what we have now and perfect tires with amazeballs grip that never fall off.
    I also selected to diversify the tyre manufacturers.

Same base chassis but complete freedom on the bodystyle would be interesting.

It all has to be the same 'shape' more or less, but with subtle differences that complements their engine and driver characteristics.
    Last edited by flipstah; 05-25-2015 at 08:38 AM.

Max got a 5 place grid penalty for Canada.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Can someone explain to me how the pit lane fuck up happened?

Don't get how the safety car dealio affected placing.

Never seen it before.

Hamilton was way ahead. When the safety car came out Merc figured that the safety car was going slow enough that Hamilton could pit and still come out ahead of Rosberg.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by cet
    Hamilton was way ahead. When the safety car came out Merc figured that the safety car was going slow enough that Hamilton could pit and still come out ahead of Rosberg.
    So the safety car was quicker and passed while Hamilton was still in the pit? Don't they have set speeds when in the track? I have no idea.

Since you can't pass until the safety car is off the track, Hamilton didn't have enough time to recover?

EDIT: This is the first season I'm seriously following Formula 1 so I don't know the rule book that well just yet.
    Last edited by flipstah; 05-25-2015 at 11:44 AM.

Pretty much yeah. The safety car was quicker than they anticipated and Hamilton rejoined behind Vettel. Apparently there isn't a set speed limit for safety cars. They have to drive fast enough so that the F1 cars can keep their engines cool and tires as warm as possible.

That's part of what made is such a strange decision to bring Hamilton in. Monaco is such a notoriously difficult track to pass on. There was no way Hamilton was going to pass not only Vettel, but Rosberg as well, with 8 laps remaining. Had Hamilton stayed out, even if the two behind would have come in for fresh tires, they would have had the same difficulties passing Hamilton.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Gotcha, thanks.

My Ride
    ATS4

Originally posted by cet
    Pretty much yeah. The safety car was quicker than they anticipated and Hamilton rejoined behind Vettel. Apparently there isn't a set speed limit for safety cars. They have to drive fast enough so that the F1 cars can keep their engines cool and tires as warm as possible.

That's part of what made is such a strange decision to bring Hamilton in. Monaco is such a notoriously difficult track to pass on. There was no way Hamilton was going to pass not only Vettel, but Rosberg as well, with 8 laps remaining. Had Hamilton stayed out, even if the two behind would have come in for fresh tires, they would have had the same difficulties passing Hamilton.
    They drive like maniacs. I got to see teh Chinese GP and it was pretty funny how much tire squeeling they were doing - even on the service roads. LOL
    nanu nanu!

My Ride
    ATS4

Originally posted by davidI
    Pretty pumped on the Rosberg win. I 'met' him at Friday's meet the drivers and learned that he actually grew up in Monaco and used to watch the track from his school. Lots of the drivers are resident in Monaco but it's cool that Rosberg could take the flag again in his home town.
    What was it like? Did you stay in Monaco?

I am curious about the costs.

IMO the race and track are shit, but I would liek to go for the spectacle. Monza and Spa will be my next GPs I think. Maybe Singapore and Japan after that.
    nanu nanu!

My Ride
    GT TDi

ya hilarious i was not anti vettel during that moment hahaha, actually i want him to beat hamilton now, a couple times at least
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Originally posted by mork
    IMO the race and track are shit, but I would liek to go for the spectacle. Monza and Spa will be my next GPs I think. Maybe Singapore and Japan after that.
    The track is great, it's the cars and safety regulations that are shit. The potential for amazeballs racing is there, but it's too dangerous for modern F1 so we get a procession.

My Ride
    golfR

Originally posted by bart

ya hilarious i was not anti vettel during that moment hahaha, actually i want him to beat hamilton now, a couple times at least
    Just re-watch 2010 - 2013

Originally posted by mork

What was it like? Did you stay in Monaco?

I am curious about the costs.

I must have missed this, but totally understandable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast