Quantcast
Randolph Engineering Sunglasses - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Randolph Engineering Sunglasses

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Default Randolph Engineering Sunglasses

Does anyone know if these are available anywhere in Canada, or do I need to order straight from the US?

I talked to Nordstrom in Chinook and even though their US stores carry them, they can't get them in.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    2009 Acura TSX tech

Any specific reason you are looking for this brand of Sunglasses?? Not judging just curious.

Take a look at another brand called IC! Berlin, its a German brand. They are by far the most comfortable pair of sunglasses ever. They use very thin sheet metal, making the glasses super light and flexible. You can barely feel them on your face. In addition the arms don't use screws, the arms attach using their hinge technology. Meaning if you sit on them or someone steps on them, the arms just pop off and you can pop them back on.

You can get them in the city as well at certain eyeglasses shops. Amazon sells them as well.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Originally posted by Prelude_dude
    Any specific reason you are looking for this brand of Sunglasses?? Not judging just curious.

Take a look at another brand called IC! Berlin, its a German brand. They are by far the most comfortable pair of sunglasses ever. They use very thin sheet metal, making the glasses super light and flexible. You can barely feel them on your face. In addition the arms don't use screws, the arms attach using their hinge technology. Meaning if you sit on them or someone steps on them, the arms just pop off and you can pop them back on.

You can get them in the city as well at certain eyeglasses shops. Amazon sells them as well.
    An alternative brand to IC! Berlin is LIGHTEC. Exact same structural design and material, only not as funky. More towards contemporary and cleaner design. But I do agree, IC! Berlin is super light and comfortable. I prefer them over any typical consumer designer brand.

My Ride
    2009 Acura TSX tech

Nice, i'll check out lightec for my next pair of glasses.

Something a little more premium, is Markus T. Again another german brand, doing eyeglasses and they have a few sunglasses. Hingeless design, but instead of steel they use titanium or a pretty much indestrucable hybrid synthetic. Again super light, flexible, even more so than IC! Berlin. Definitely my most comfortable pair of glasses, but the price reflects the quality for sure....

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by Prelude_dude

A friend mentioned them to me and said they'd look good on me. I have the motto "buy once, cry once" for stuff like this and it's been 10 years and the RayBans need replacing.

The Lightec stuff looks nice, same with the IC! Berlin. Thanks for the suggestion.

Does anyone in Calgary carry Lightec?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Originally posted by FraserB

A friend mentioned them to me and said they'd look good on me. I have the motto "buy once, cry once" for stuff like this and it's been 10 years and the RayBans need replacing.

The Lightec stuff looks nice, same with the IC! Berlin. Thanks for the suggestion.

Does anyone in Calgary carry Lightec?
    My current pair of Lightec is from Urban Optique.

Default Re: Randolph Engineering Sunglasses

Originally posted by FraserB
    Does anyone know if these are available anywhere in Canada, or do I need to order straight from the US?

I talked to Nordstrom in Chinook and even though their US stores carry them, they can't get them in.
    I have a pair of Randolph Eng Aviators. I did end up buying them off their website and they shipped it to Canada. Note you'll be paying duty on the import. They are pretty solid and light. I use them a lot for driving.