Quantcast
Hit & Run - Harvest Hills Drive and Harvest Oak Gate - White Car 3:30 am - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Hit & Run - Harvest Hills Drive and Harvest Oak Gate - White Car 3:30 am

My Ride
    2003 MB E320

Default Hit & Run - Harvest Hills Drive and Harvest Oak Gate - White Car 3:30 am

I was pulled over on Harvest Hills Drive a little over a hour ago looking up an address when a white car rear ended me really hard and took off. I chased them until the lights before the Beddington Junction and lost. If you guys see a white crossover or hatchback with front end damage, no headlight and orange paint transfer, please let me now. I have fragments of their headlight to match up. I called the cops. I think he might live in the area and must've been drunk. If you guys have any leads, let me know. Also, does 3rd person liability insurance cover hit and runs?

My Ride
    2003 MB E320

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

You unfortunately are only insured for damage you cause. You can contact Alberta MVAC over the incident and see what they can do for you. Seems like their website is really screwed up so I can't find much information on it, but I believe its a fund set up to help people in regards to hit and runs and major accidents where the other party has no insurance.

Problem is proving you were hit, and how much they will give to you. Without the other car or witnesses it can be said you backed into someone.

I'm talking a bit out of my ass, my insurance wife is out of town, the page is down so hopefully you can phone them and see what they have to say.

http://www.informalberta.ca/public/s...ueryId=1050751

That said I will keep an eye out, I live in the area. Did it look like a newer model or old?

My Ride
    toyotas, mitsu, and a ford

Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
    You unfortunately are only insured for damage you cause. You can contact Alberta MVAC over the incident and see what they can do for you. Seems like their website is really screwed up so I can't find much information on it, but I believe its a fund set up to help people in regards to hit and runs and major accidents where the other party has no insurance.

Problem is proving you were hit, and how much they will give to you. Without the other car or witnesses it can be said you backed into someone.

I'm talking a bit out of my ass, my insurance wife is out of town, the page is down so hopefully you can phone them and see what they have to say.

http://www.informalberta.ca/public/s...ueryId=1050751

That said I will keep an eye out, I live in the area. Did it look like a newer model or old?

Unless something has changed and reading that link doesn't sound like it has but that program only covers your medical expenses and provides no compensation for physical damages(ie your car).

your only hope is that they catch the guy, and even then your in for a bunch of headaches unless he owns up to it, and has valid insurance.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I'm in the area, I'll keep my eyes open and grab a plate for you if I see it.

My Ride
    2013 Ford Focus ST

I live in the area as well and will keep my eyes open for you.

My Ride
    18 BRZ Sport-Tech RS, 05 Corolla XRS, Planes

If you had medical expenses then you may be covered, but I don't believe TPL covers your vehicle in this situation. Either way, you should probably file a police report, but you probably did when you called the cops.

If they find him, then you can definitely sue/get your car fixed.
    Rides:
    2018 BRZ Sport-Tech RS
    2005 Corolla XRS
    Single Engine Planes

My Ride
    Blue boy

Do you know what make/model it waS?