Quantcast
Touchstone insurance - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Touchstone insurance

Default Touchstone insurance

If anyone from touchstone insurance or auto insurance expert is on, please pm me. Thanks.

My Ride
    MDX

I've tried to get in touch with masked Bandit this weekend, he's on Vacation till the 10th. Tried his backup person too and no luck.

Thanks for the info.

I needed insurance after getting my liquor license for my wedding. Had a million things going on tha day befote the wedding so I tried a couple different extensions because it's a business that, you know, should answer their phone. A gentleman answered and gave me the gears about phoning repeatedly (even though I was trying different extensions - 1 x each only - there are only 3 I believe), as I had a 20 minutes window to deal with shit that day, due to the wedding being the next day. Told me there were only 2 people in the office and sounded upset. Sorry dude, but hire a receptionist or more staff if need be. I'm not your therapist or business analyst. He also refused to help me because I wasn't his first point of contact, even though the first person I talked to there just discussed basics with me/we didn't draft anything up or agree on anything. A different staff member called me back shortly after and everything was good, but from a business standpoint, it seemed like I was inconveniencing them by trying to utilize their services. Impressed with the speed of the insurance after getting to that point, but up to then, it was pretty sad.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Default Re: Touchstone insurance

Originally posted by Euro838
    If anyone from touchstone insurance or auto insurance expert is on, please pm me. Thanks.
    I'm here for a few minutes but that's about it. I'll shoot you a PM though.

Originally posted by jdmakkord
    I've tried to get in touch with masked Bandit this weekend, he's on Vacation till the 10th. Tried his backup person too and no luck.
    After 5 on the Friday of a long weekend...lol, nope, nobody around until Tuesday morning. I sent you a PM though.

Originally posted by Env-Consultant
    I needed insurance after getting my liquor license for my wedding. Had a million things going on tha day befote the wedding so I tried a couple different extensions because it's a business that, you know, should answer their phone. A gentleman answered and gave me the gears about phoning repeatedly (even though I was trying different extensions - 1 x each only - there are only 3 I believe), as I had a 20 minutes window to deal with shit that day, due to the wedding being the next day. Told me there were only 2 people in the office and sounded upset. Sorry dude, but hire a receptionist or more staff if need be. I'm not your therapist or business analyst. He also refused to help me because I wasn't his first point of contact, even though the first person I talked to there just discussed basics with me/we didn't draft anything up or agree on anything. A different staff member called me back shortly after and everything was good, but from a business standpoint, it seemed like I was inconveniencing them by trying to utilize their services. Impressed with the speed of the insurance after getting to that point, but up to then, it was pretty sad.
    I was debating as to whether I was going to respond to this or not. I wasn't there so I don't know how it went down and I think we've got enough happy clients on Beyond to say that this is not the normal experience. Did you leave a voicemail for the original staff member you spoke with or did you just hang up and call back repeatedly?

I hope your wedding day was fantastic and things went off without any issues. I'm also hoping you're enjoying your time with your new wife and not reading beyond...lol.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Like I said, I tried 3 times because nobody was answering and leaving a message for someone that may not be there would not be a reasonable alternative.

BTW, enjoying my time - down time between snorkeling, exploring, diving, etc. does occur and isn't really any of your business.

I'm sure you have a pile of happy customers and, like I said, things were good once I got ahold of somebody and I was done dealing with the orginal guy I spoke to. Just relaying my experience - thought you'd actually be interested to know opposed to trying to drop a quick jab in there....
    Last edited by Env-Consultant; 08-02-2015 at 04:12 PM.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

BTW, enjoying my time - down time between snorkeling, exploring, diving, etc. does occur and isn't really any of your business.

I'm not sure if I'm mis-reading you here man or what, but I was just trying to extend a pleasant thought your way. Getting married is a pretty positive & happy time, it's a big highlight of life. Just wishing you & yours all the best. Maybe my sarcasm gauge is broken?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-14-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Can you pm me his email? He PMed me but don't know if he will come back on here. Thanks.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-14-2019 at 01:14 PM.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    I usually just fire Bill e-mails and he works his magic for my insurance needs... never had an issue getting a hold of him that way.
    I've had the same experience, send off an email whenever I think of something and get a reply quicker than I usually expect.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 02:52 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Env-Consultant's initial post in this thread probably should have been a PM to Masker Bandit instead - to me, a little bit of courtesy via a PM conversation as opposed to first publicly venting would seem the right thing to do.

To each their own though, I guess - I would've just handled things a bit differently had I been in Env-Consultant's situation.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Just relaying my experience - thought you'd actually be interested to know opposed to trying to drop a quick jab in there....
    Dude, apparently you arent relaxing enough.

Simple solution...employ more people to cater to those who couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery or have their panties in a knot ,put your prices up accordingly and sit back and watch the business roll in.

My Ride
    TDi

Wow, struck a cord there? You normally like to let everyone know what's normally going on in your life

I've called Touchstone and they were great to deal with. I ended up going with someone else, but they are great for sure
    GO FLAMES GO!

Originally posted by Cos

Maybe you shouldn't have waited until the last possible moment? It seems like you were already pretty stressed out about it so perhaps you were being a bit of a dink and they still managed to get something written up for you? Yeah that seems like a terrible business.

I've only spoke to Darren 1 or 2 times, I always deal with Mr. Bandit here, but none of them have been anything but professional and prompt. They're a small outfit, 3 people I think but that is also what makes them great to deal with. Obviously I wasn't there and perhaps what you're saying is true but it sure seems out of character based on the tons and tons of positive threads and feedback. I've never heard a single negative thing.

A favourite quote that I've used at work many times that I think works here:

You cannot obtain insurance without a liquor licence. Without the liquor, you cannot obtain the licence. Without an abundance of storage you cannot pick up the liquor well in advance. Called in a month before the verify it wouldn't be an issue. I wpuld say that is fairly good planning. Bill was quick to respond/awesome - just had an issue with the guy I got on the phone. I have bad days at work too - but I'd never treaty clients that way, as they pay my mortgage.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 02:52 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    MDX

My situation was far simpler. Bought a car on a long weekend with hopes of having it insured by Monday or Tuesday. Sent my email outside of touchstones business hours which I now understand. My expectations were based on my past insurance company which was almost always available. That explains the massive premium difference. I trust that Bill will get my file sorted out.

Originally posted by Cos

Fair enough about the timing. Did you tell them that you would be calling on this day at this time to get it all sorted out? I guess to me it just sounds like it either wasn't as coordinated as it should be (on who's side I don't know) but that you definitely took offence to something. Maybe someone was in an accident and someone was seriously hurt? You're not the only client they have to deal with at that moment.

Regardless I think that you're expecting Walmart hours from the small town mom and pop store. I've shopped at the Walmart of insurance and while they have some dude who hates his life available on the phone at 11:30pm I still prefer to deal with the mom/pop store place during normal hours. Do I always get instant answers? Of course not, but the answers I get are always right albeit may be a few hours behind what TD or Intact directly would give me. Not sure if Bill would like me saying that but that is my personal feeling about Touchstone and why I am their client.

Weddings are stressful enough as it is without dealing with stuff so I feel for you a bit. Maybe just cut them some slack knowing you were pretty worked up about it? I seem to remember you had a lot of last minute things (photo locations or something?) and that you were looking to help solve.

Just my $0.02
    I hear you on that. In retrospect, I should've just sent Bill a PM. It was based on the respose of the gentleman I spoke to and how upset he was due to 3 calls, as I was unsure if people were out of the office for the weekend already on Friday morning (not unreasonable to suspect, especially during the summer in Calgary). After hanging up with him, my wife and I literally had our jaws dropped and would've gone elsewhere if time warrented. Bill and the other employee (female - can't recall her name) were incredible to deal with though. Maybe he was having an off day - I know if I have an off day and took it out on my current clients, they'd boot me out of their office and send me a final paycheck. The photo location was due to the place that we were planning on going to booking a full wedding, which pushed our simple photoshoot to the side. We both meticulously planned our entire day and everything went off without a hitch - that phone call just irked me in a bad way.
    Last edited by Env-Consultant; 08-03-2015 at 01:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast